2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• AGF nah never got her out.

NP nice run

Jason- cheeky get haha just because you're a machine. Nah I'm putting the mileage up weekly, don't want to put it up too quickly. Was going to be 14 miles but cut the run with my cousin back a mile :/
  • macemace ✭✭✭

Spark, nice running and very wise, slowly slowly catchy monkey image

Tek - nice 3rd spot, looks like you're properly on the way back image

Stuart - happy days when all the miles feel good, nice week image 

Nurse = nice week ... and what a lovely thing to be able to do, long run with a sibling image I do all my miles on my own which i don't mind at all but it would be nice to do the occasional long run with someone.

NP - SNAP !!! my 18.2M run this morning was also in the fog/mist image

Stewart - great HADDing image

jason - impressive week all round, well done .... i'd wager you did the 18 with 1095m ascent carrying the medicine ball as well imageimage

Week 4 of P&D done, 62M .... i'll sleep like a baby tonight image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Nice run spark with a fast finish!

NN good that you're on Fetch too, nice to have company on some runs.

AGF that's such a nice thing to say - I don't think I've ever inspired anyone!! image

SM good weekly mileage and nice running.

Amazing run and weekly mileage jason!

NP and mace nice 18s. Lots of high mileage weeks on here, 64.2 for me.

Stewart I did not do the 1746 and was too late to enter the 10k. I know the 1746 course very well so did not enter!image The run today was on the moor at the other side of the viaduct, great views up there!

F

• Fiona, Yeah, I here what you're saying, those hills were tough, strangely I'm looking forward to doing it all again in 2013, and the views are to die for
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Morning peeps

Fiona - thanks and well done on your trail run. Great week's totalimage

Spark - nice hilly 13 miler with a good finish

NN - well done on the 15m and another big week's total

SM well done on the easy 6.25m

Jason wow 18m with 1095m climbimage! Three figures weekly total! Well done on the weight front.

NP nice 18 miler

AGF yes, it feels like I am getting back to fitness.  Well done on your week's total.

Stewart well done on the slow 12m

Mace - week 4 d&d.image Hope you enjoyed the sleep!

HM hope you're ok

Emmy - hope the double went well...

---

4m recovery this morning, plus a few strides.  Got to 53m last week and heading for a few more this week.  

Race list link

• A pleasing 12miler this morning. The legs were a lot fresher after a day off which made the run along the country lanes seem so nice !!

Stewart - well done on the 12.

Mace - Thats a super total for the Week. You going to do very well if you can keep this up !!

tek - well done on your 53 last week. For a man who has been struggling with Injury = you doing very well !!

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Mace well done on the 18 miles.

Teknik nice miles for the week build, build, build.

AGF great 12 miles well done, soon be changing that name to Have Got FItter HGF.....
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    nearly forgot 64x25m 1 mile swim front crawl all slow as the wrist is still bloody sore ggggrrrrrrr.......
  • Thanks NP - if I ever get GFA then I will change the name image

Tops swiming  - I hope the wrist improves for you .....

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Just back from 7 miles steady and noticed i'm back down on to page two again with AGF just above meimage I also see someone else has made a mistake with there training and logged lots of 12 mile runs all on the same day lol.

• 4 easy miles weights and a swim today 

Mace yes I have encouraged my brother he was 40 fat and unfit !! he did his frst marathon in 2011 in 4.30 from being a 16 stone couch potato to lean mean running machine of 13st ,I am pleased and proud but I just hope he doesnt beat me image

AGF I do most of my runs on country lanes and think how lucky I am, I see so many lovely things (most of the time) although I did witness the decaying of a Deer from the day it was knocked over until it turned all mushy image As for the GFA I think the mens GFA is a tough call for the compared to the women's..and as for us OLD women its even easier at sub 4 I better not say too uch it could go all wrong on the day.
    Tek you must be buzzing now you are recovered from injury lots of miles well done

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

NP,

I wouldn't get the chance to do that.  With how my shifts fall I struggle sometimes with 3 times per week.

Tek,

I'm fine thanks.  Planning a little run tomorrow on my TOIL day (due to work this Saturday image).

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

• 11.4 miles @9.27 ave this afternoon. Longest run in a while, but wasn't too bad.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone image

Spark- didn't mean to be cheeky! Just that 14 IS longish- just over half race distance. BUT I fully agree with you about not increasing too quickly image

AGF- I agree with NP- time for a name change image Maybe to am getting GFA image AGGFA

Back to work for me today. So back to am runs at dark o clock image 2x 6.5ish recovery runs today, topped off with sports massage .....
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Nice running, swimming and cross training folks!

An unplanned rest day today, side still a pain through the night, did not sleep well so decided just to rest. Back to it early tomorrow! image

F

• Good gym session for me, good mix of cardio and leg strength work, looks like lots of good running at the start of another week?
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Morning all. 4 miles easy this morning, should get out later. image

F

• Easy five miles for me last night, JS tonight not sure which group I'll be taking but I'll look to get in a few extra miles once the group run returns.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF thanks. Nice 12miler yesterday

NP good swimming & running

NN yup much happier now I'm back on it.  Good training y'day.

HM hope you manage to get out today

Stuart nice 11.4 miles

jason nice double recovery... LOL at AGGFA...that's got to stickimage

Fiona nice easy run

MG well done on the gym work.

Stewart nice easy run last night.

---

8.37m easy this morning - couple on my own, then out with the club. HR appears to be getting better...

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Fiona well done on your first run of the day I hope the side settles down.nn

SC nice running.

Teknik looks like your getting back in to the swing of things

Jason great double, I like "Am Getting Good For Age Fit" AGGFAF image

First of two runs done 7 miles made up of 1 mile warm up, 2 miles tempo, 1 mile steady, 2 miles tempo, 1 mile cool down.image

• 9.2 miles in 1.21 for me this morning with 10 x 100m strides my favourite session

I run the majority of it at 70-75% mhr then speed up to 85-to 90 for about 100m if I can then let hr settle for a while before doing more.

Today overall pace for me was 30 secs per mile faster for same hr (ave 74%) as 3 weeks ago for same session so pleased with that.

Fiona..sorry what have you done to your side ?

• Hello all!

Am about to step up from half to full marathon for the first time by doing the first ever West Bank marathon in Bethlehem, Palestine in April.

The only thing is that I have just found out that the route is four 10k-ish laps which is a nightmare psychologically! Wondering whether anyone has any practical training tips? Presumably training in 10k laps is a good idea?

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

NN just a stitch that I keep getting and I still feel it later on. Have had it ever since being a bit off colour before Christmas. Nice session with strides, might throw a few into my run tomorrow.

Another great tempo session NP.

That's a long run for the morning Teknik.

Hope you get some extra miles Stewart.

Welcome Sara, I always switch off a bit anyway in marathons so it may not be too bad. On a positive note it may just break it down into manageable chunks! image

Just had my porridge image will head out later.

F

• Sara - sounds like my idea of Hell - I've done the Langdale HM in 2 successive years while my wife Elspeth continues to do 2nd loop for full marathonimage

7.5 miles for me today on a windy loop. Fortunately dried up for afternoon after a wet start to day.

Well done getting out running everyone (NP, NN, SM6, JSN, FC, SC, Tek)
    Not too bothered about running in dark, but I'd struggle to get up for a run before work. (although a dawn swim at 5am in May didn't phase me!)

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

I did and did 1.27 miles.  I'm really looking forwards to the summer as I'm planning on some runs along a beach about 30 min drive away.

---------

Well done done on everyone's training.

• Good running guys

------

3.7 miles for me tonight, probably hit the gym in the morning after work. Had originally planned to do 6 tonight, but after realising my plan for the week was jumping me from just under 30 miles last week to over 38 this week, I didn't bother. I'll try to get 33-35 miles this week

• Cardio session with trainer in gym tonight good to be pushed!

Maybe rest day tomorrow after 4 consecutive days training or maybe just a light easy run. More good running by you guys .
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Fiona great two runs for the day your going well.

NN great run with the strides.

Sara it's only four laps what is the temp? what time do you do a half in?

OH Nice running.

HM4 well done for getting out.

SM6 Well done.

MG1 nice gym sessions

Jason well done on your two runs.

AGF Sir you are putting the miles inimage

Just in from my second 7 mile run of the dayimage

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Amazing tempo pace NP! image

Another MLR AGF! Well done.

A bit breezy here too OH but dry now. image

Nice gym work MG and hope the gym not too busy for you SM. Our gym has the usual January influx.

Good that you got out HM4.

7.35 miles av pace 7.17mm then weights.image Nice to meet Stewart and his daughter.image

F