lightweight/race shoes - with some support and 2e width

15West15West ✭✭✭

Was thinking one of the adizero range but have heard that they're pretty tight. Have been wearing Brooks GTS 2e size last few years, but was thinking of getting something a bit lighter.

Comments

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Hi 15w, have a look on the runningwarehouse.com website.  They have a selection of road racing shoes (grouped by sub 10k, and over 10k categories).  The best bit is that you can select any shoe and use the shoefitr application on the web site to compare it to your current shoe.  The shoefitr app will tell you what parts of the selected new shoe would be tighter or looser than your current choice of shoe.

I had a quick try of it based on the info you provded, but they didn't list a 2e model against the Brooks Adrenaline GTS.  So you may need to play around with it a bit to get an idea.  However, it should help you narrow the number of models suitable for you - you can't but them from this site as its US-only shipping.

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

... just to add, as I went to close the browser session with running warehouse, I picked the GTS12 model and they did offer a 2e variant.  The Adios 2 looks like it gives a similar fit.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Thanks stutyr - I'll take a look.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I don't think there's any 2e fit involved officially, but I use Brooks Green Silence for racing, which are very lightweight but nicely cushioned.  They're reasonably roomy in the toe-box, and I would say generally a wide-ish fit, certainly not narrow.  I used to wear GTS as my training shoes and although it was a long time ago now, the Green Silence probably aren't a dissimilar fit from what I recall.