ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Indoor pool tri sounds more like my cup of tea,x
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

So with Caroline sadly dropping out the TR24 we're left with just 5. I have the details for all but Clive (on holiday) and Indy who unfortunately hasn't got his account set up to receive messages. Indy, if you're listening please message me with your DOB, full name and T-shirt size.

What do you want to do? With 5 that works out at roughly 4-5 laps each. Assuming there are no other takers from here do you want to bring in some people from outside the forums?

• sarah osborne wrote (see)

If anyone fancies an autumn marathon...theres a new one this year in york

http://www.theyorkshiremarathon.com/?utm_source=launch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=YMlaunchdm

Thanks for the heads up on the Yorkshire Marathon Sarah. I'm giving that serious consideration at the moment.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    Malcs wrote (see)

What do you want to do? With 5 that works out at roughly 4-5 laps each. Assuming there are no other takers ...

I'm slightly sorry, but glad I now have a holiday booked over those dates, else in a moment of weakness I may have been tempted to join you!!!!!image

• Hey guys,

Apologies for the long absence, had a lot going on over the last couple weeks and they've just disappeared, thanks to G&W Tigger for the nudge to get me back on.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year.

Hey Malcs, messaging is now set up! Details as follows;

Aaron Paul

15/11/1978

Large

I was thinking I could probably manage 3 laps, is that a poor show?!? I'd offer to recruit another member but I'm a bit of a soloist and no one else I knows runs image
  • Indy! Welcome back to the forums mate! Did you have a good Christmas and New Year?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jen - I don't suppose your holiday is in the Derbyshire dales?image

Thanks for the info Indy though I didn't mean for you to post your DOB in public.

We need to have a bit of a discussion here about how to proceed. Unless one or more people are up for doing 5+ laps then you're going to either need more people or you'll have to finish early. Sarah and Tigger said they might know some takers. What do you want to do?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Welcome back Indy.

Hi Jen - how is your training going?

Malcs  - are you feeling any better?

Steve - I'll catch up later on your thread! Nice going so far though!

CaroT - you are bloody brave ......or mad!image How is your training going? I'll be doing a 15 miler past your club headquarters on Sunday!

Clive - are you back off holiday yet?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Feeling a bit worse unfortunately. Had a bit of a relapse yesterday. Spent most of the evening clamped to the radiator (yes, I am that pathetic).

• Hey Indy though posting on your old thread was a good plan!!

Well guys and galls I though I would share that my shoulder is back to normal! 3 run of the week so far and I am loving it! 5.5 miles today! new soundtrack is AMAZING singing out loud because I love it not because the run was too hard!! Swimming lesson tomorrow and I am so buzzed about it!! after the trauma of watching 'The Impossible' yesterday and spending majority of the afternoon crying like a baby I am back to full hydration!!! Tigger is bouncing on a total high!!

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!! imageimage

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Hi Tigger, good to see the bounce is back!

Malcs - not clever. I trust Mrs Malcs is taking good care of you?
  • Hey DS2!!!  I was just going to message you!!! I'm unable to do Halstead as hubby is away for the whole of May image booooo

• DS2 wrote (see)

Welcome back Indy.

Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

Indy! Welcome back to the forums mate! Did you have a good Christmas and New Year?

Thanks! I see your training is going well, Had a great Christmas once I got out of work on Christmas Eve, but too tired to remember most of it! Oscar had a great time which was the important thing. I was working all through New Year so missed that too (managed to stay awake till 23:30!)

Malcs wrote (see)

Feeling a bit worse unfortunately. Had a bit of a relapse yesterday. Spent most of the evening clamped to the radiator (yes, I am that pathetic).

Malcs, completely missed that you were suffering, hope you make a swift recovery.

Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Hey Indy though posting on your old thread was a good plan!!

Good Shout
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hey, good to see people back on this thread,

Tigger, glad your bouncing again!

Malcs, the 'man flu' bug is particularly vicious this year image

Hi DS2, good to see you back! my training is going well. I'm working on speed at mo, 8x2mins 1min recovery yesterday was a killer!

This eve I was back on the wts and did heavy sqats - max effort- more than my body weight!! I was well pleased image

• Indy im only hoping to do about 3 laps too... i will ask some of my friends and get back to you all

• any rules on us all doing the last lap together??

and I was thinking maybe team hoodies for the occasion?

I recon a big pub lunch after!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!! imageimage

DS2 - no, all sympathy from Mrs Malcs ran out days ago, I'm on my own!

Not sure about the last lap Tigger. I don't think anyone did this last year. What did happen was many of the teams joined their last lap runner for the last 100m and crossed the line together.

Sarah - you just need one more and I can put a team of 6-8 in. Runners can be added later, we just need to get the place secured.

• Malcs wrote (see)

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!! imageimage

DS2 - no, all sympathy from Mrs Malcs ran out days ago, I'm on my own!

Not sure about the last lap Tigger. I don't think anyone did this last year. What did happen was many of the teams joined their last lap runner for the last 100m and crossed the line together.

Sarah - you just need one more and I can put a team of 6-8 in. Runners can be added later, we just need to get the place secured.

How are you feeling today Malcs? Ive sent some recruitment messages image

Tigger have you a design in mind?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Slowly improving thanks Sarah but still not 100%. Not ready to run again yet. As such I have a weekend of moaning and sighing plannedimage

• Well Sarah just thought

THUNDER RUN 24 ( Team Name...RW Bootcampers 2013 or something not really thought too much about that bit) then underneath all of our names. Open to suggestions, just thought it would be an extra nice touch!

• Morning Malcs.....think that would be my exact plan if I was unwell! Least your doing the right thing and not starting back on your training too soon, I did that last year and kept putting myself back, resulting in me needing even longer off. Fingers crossed by mon you will be pounding those streets!

Have you thought about a colour tigger?
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Morning, hope you all not too cold this morn!

I've just done my first ever parkrun image It was good fun!  It was a trial run, but hopefully it will lead to a regular thing. There's not been a parkrun in my area before, so I really hope it takes off.

Hope you feeling better soon Malcs.. if you feel you need any coaching with the moaning n sighing, my OH is an expert!!!

• lol jen

glad you had an enjoyable first park run. Ive still only done the one. With me doing my long runs on a friday it means I cant do alot of them.
  • Well done Jen thats brilliant.... kinda got parkrun envy!!

Sarah not really thought about colours.... any suggestions??

• Argh CaroT! In the sea?? It's January, crazy lady!!! image

Sarah - you'll DEF want to do more laps ... trust me!! image I did Run 24 last year in a large team and was having such a blast I wanted to do more than the 4 I was allowed!! (sulks!)

It will be fab seeing you guys on the course and the in the campsite!! Woo woo!! Feel free to prod me with a stick or something on the course when you see me as I may well need some distraction after the first few laps!!

• do you think sarah? is it not exhausting, 4 laps is about 19 miles isnt it....not sure I could do that many...but never say never and I guess it depends on if we have to or not!

do we have to provide our own tent?
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Right - I've enetered the Surrey Spitfire 20 on 3 March. Thought I'd better make sure I got in after missing out on the York Marathon. Who else is in for the Spitfire?

I have a cunning plan re: York. I will buy a charity entry. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred quid to raise and hopefully the charity I'm cycling for next year will see fit to offer me one of their places. It will just increase the target fundraising a bit!!

• Evening all!! DS2 would love to..... but maybe not already have a 20miler on the 17th!

Buzzing tonight just hoping the snow stays away for a bit!

Sarah i was thinking the same! do we just take a team tent? i have one with 3 pods short of that have a club top up tent! i recon we will be buzzing and not notice the amount of laps!! did i say i recon......i think i meant i hope!!! any colour suggestions?

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

DS2, spitfire sounds good! but I'm already entered Llanelli half same date .Like the cunning plan for York, that filled up quickly didn't it!

Sarah of course you can do 19miles.. you'll have done a marathon by then! (but thats easy for me to say when I'm not doing it image)

Hi Tigger * wave*

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Yes Sarah, you need your own tent - assuming you plan to sleep of course, it isn't compulsory! I only slept about an hour but the kids and Mrs Malcs managed a decent kip.

I agree with RRR, I would never have wanted to do 3 laps - I did 6 in the end, which was hard but I screwed up by a) running my first lap way too fast and b) doing a double lap. Knowing you even for only this brief time Sarah you're going to want to do more. Remember it's 24hrs so you could do 3 laps on day 1 and 3 on day 2 - doesn't sound too bad when you think like that image

I still haven't entered the team because we only have 5. I think it would be wise to get the place secured now.

To get a 6-8 team we could enter one of your OHs as the 6th member. They can then be swapped later down the line. I just need to stick 6 names on the form. What do you think?

DS2 - I'm now entered for the Spitfire too - woo hoo! Just need to get back to freakin' running now (improving slowly). Like your York strategy too!