Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Well done Mr Byeck!

And to Franny and MC for getting up to train so early on such a freezy morning.

Just come back from the Doc's. I've got a throat infection whilst my daughter has tonscilitous.image She has antibiotics but apparently mine is viral so there is nothing to take. We're both going back to bed.

• Oh no Chili!! So you're ill, you have a poorly daughter to look after, and three more perfectly healthy and active ones (that will probably get one or other of the bugs in the near future (sorry))... Not the world's best position to be in.  Its bad enough with just two of them.

• Aw Chili....................................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) take care and try and get lots of rest.

Well done Mr By'eck imageimage

• Afernoon,

Mr byeck-Well done on your weight loss keep it up.

Chilli-Get well soon.   

Franny-Had my physio - it was a tad painfull- but he said I had a few tight muscles, but says I should be OK. Advised me to keep it strapped up fpr the next few days or wear compression socks. Also gave me some marathon advice- he is a very good runner c 31 minute 10k , 1.05 1/2!

Ran 5.59 miles this morning so 0.7miles to go for 100 consecutive 20 mile week- wanted to run it with my club colleages tomorrow as they have helped me so much! 

• Moo and I are not talking to each other (and it's not because we have a sore throat like poor chili). It could be a challenging weekend. To make things even more horrendous - his bread exploded all over my oven (which was only cleaned the other day). So I have had to clean it again and try to rescue his bread.

I have also prepped ingredients for risotto in the hope that I can go for a short run tonight before I cook tea.

Mr by eck, well done on your weight loss. I have nnoticed a huge difference. When are you coming for a run with me?

Boss, how are you going to celebrate your 100 weeks? What is the next challenge?
  • by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    Moo and I are not talking to each other (and it's not because we have a sore throat like poor chili). It could be a challenging weekend. To make things even more horrendous - his bread exploded all over my oven (which was only cleaned the other day). So I have had to clean it again and try to rescue his bread.
    I have also prepped ingredients for risotto in the hope that I can go for a short run tonight before I cook tea.
    Mr by eck, well done on your weight loss. I have nnoticed a huge difference. When are you coming for a run with me?
    Ooh... Yummy.  I like risotto.  What sort?  Rump steak risotto?
    As for when I am coming with you for a run, 1 - I need more gym work first to up my fitness.  Weight is coming down, but fitness is now the concern.  2 - we need to find a babysitter.

Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

Afernoon,

Mr byeck-Well done on your weight loss keep it up. 

Well done on your running, but surely it should be 'keep it down'?  image

• I'm here, Franny.  Just reading and not saying much. image

• Hello Mr Chilli..hope your looking after the poorly peeps image

Aw noooooooooooooooo By'eck................((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) I am sure Moo will come round....I detest oven cleaning image and defrosting freezer....lol

AF..thats great news image golly your physio is somewhat speedy image Enjoy your run with the club tomorrow...celebrate in style.

• Knee's better than it was - it's not hurting anymore when I squat down.  Still aching a little bit.  I'll give it the rest of the week off and then go out for an explorative trot Monday or Tuesday. image

Take it easy, Chilibeans. image

• evening

chili - sorry you and your daughter are feeling so rubbish

by eck -oh, sounds like a tough time, take care

RR - good news on the kneeimage

been for a swim, and the pool was so busy and full of people that don't seem to understand the concept of a lane swimimage

• Morning all!

Get well soon Chili and mini chili.

Hi everybody else!

Well I went to school yesterday and turned awkwardly in the class and managed to bust my knee.  Ironic that I get injured even though I'm not running.... Goodness knows what I've done, but it's bloomin painful. Just wondering how I'm gonna get to where the school service bus picks me up.  (It's 15 minutes walk...)and hubby leaves before me with daughter. Anyway, hubby is picking me up half way through the day to take me with kids to their piano exams and then back to school. I can't miss any lessons as students have their portfolios tomorrow.......busy, busy

Have a good day all....xxx

• oh Jude, sounds similar to mine, hope it doesn't trouble you too much. ((((((((hugs)))))))

• Morning image

OUCHY Jude......take care and hope it heals quickly.

Hope all the poorly people are feeling better today.

Apparently snow is forecast here for the weekend image

8 mile run for me today image will rest over weekend as working from today through until Monday.

Have a good day everyone image

• Oh Jude I rwally hope you are ok take it easy.

Franny- Good luck for your 8 miler.

• AF...I have already did my 8 miler imageimage Good luck with your run today.

• AF - are you running with your group this morning? Are you going to reach your target? image I think we should have cake to celebrate.

Well done Franny.

Jude - Ouch! Hope that isn't serious.

Byeck - hope you have a better day. Thinking of you.

DJ - thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Chilli-Yes I ran with my group and did 7.3 miles so 100 consecutive week target has been acheived! imageimage Coffee and walnut cake to clebrate!

byeck-Think my next target is the Maraton on 14/4! Never ran more than 15.4miles before. Aiming to fo 14 miles on the South Downs on Sunday which should be good practice.

I think we should have a virtual party to celebrate Franny and LLB can be the ring leaders.

DJ-I hope all is well with you and my thoughts and prayers are for you. 

• AF - good news on achieving your target - 100 weeks is an amazing time to keep up with it.  Glad to hear your achilles easing.  Do you find that compression socks help?  During or only after a run?

Jude - sorry to hear about your busted knee - just as RR's getting better....

Chili - hope you feel better soon

My test run yesterday: well I cheated a bit and ran a bit further and faster than striclty necessary but feels pretty ok today.  Just enough of a niggle that I know long distance won't be feasible just yet.  Will try a different pair of shoes tomorrow and am running 5k on a soft track (last one was asphalt) and will see how that holds up.  Marathon pretty much blown this time though I think.

• Franny - I am so impressed at your discipline on your 'rest' days.  I know I should do the weights / core work but keep just putting it off image

• Hey Jude (sorry, can't resist doing that every now and then image )  - sorry to hear about your knee, hopefully it'll get better soon. image

Pushups seem a bit stuck in a rut at the moment - can't get past fifty.  Pullups still progressing though. image

• Louise0I have never run in compression socks - although do have a post run pair which I do find helpfull.I might get a pair of compression socks or skins for running in. I think that in this month's RW magazine Sweathsop are doing a 1/2 offer on compression gear from monday week so may get some.

RR-You will get there.

Hey Jude la la la la la la etc etc !!!image

• (I wondered why everyone was apologising for saying "hey Jude").

I don't actually know how the song goesimage

I had a lovely run planned for this afternoon after a busy morning of baking. It involved running out and back to various villages in case I got called by moo's nursery.

I had just got my pack and gear sorted when I was bombarded by missed call alerts. Yup, miss by eck is poorly - headache and sickness. Argh!

We are forecast snow this weekend. If it does arrive we,will probably be snowed in image

Boss, congratulations on your huge achievements. Will you continue with the 20 a week plan?

DJ, sending you hugs and prayers

I bought a rather lively choklit brownie set I've been meaning to try, can that be my contribution?
  • You guys have always been able to take a sad 'run' ... and make it better. image

• I'll educate you hunny.  Don't worry.

• MrChilibean wrote (see)

You guys have always been able to take a sad 'run' ... and make it better. image

Remember to smash your PB, then you can begin to make it better.

Hey Jude...

• byeck-Please go to you tune and search for the Beatles Hey Jude- you must know the song!!!! Yes we can make it better. 

• think we had better make Hey Jude the tune of the day. I love that songimage

by eck - I really don't know how you could have got through life without knowing that tuneimage

had a long trip home cos I had to go to the post office to pick up a parcel, and it is 10 miles the other side of home to where work is - but it is my pirate kitimage just having a coffee and chilling and I will go and open it and see if it fits - although ideally it should be slightly on the small side so I can lose weight into it