2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Nice Dog running Spark.

Thanks Stewart. Hope the legs feel better post massage.

Good to see you on another streak Tek !

Good news HM4
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

AGF Nice run enjoy the meal.

Teknik hot yoga saw this on the tv diffrent.......

SC I do MLR on Wednesday and Saturday with my long run on Sunday, the reason for the MLR on Saturday and the Long run on Sunday I belive the Long run should be done on legs that are not tired but have a few miles in them.Monday is a swim and easy run as is Friday so on a Tuesday I do some speed work doing another MLR on this day would take to long due to work but 7 in the morning and 7 on a night time works for me. With my run tomorrow I will hit 83 miles for the week this has worked for me in the pastimage.

Nice running Spark.

Just over 5.5 miles recovery run tonight for me 10+ my hill tomorrowimage.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Hi everyone- flying visit! Lots of good training I seeimage

MLR Wednesday and Friday for me with LR Sunday.

13.01m in 1.31.01 tonight (7.00av) splits- 7:43 7:21 7:20 7:14 6:58 7:04 7:01 6:55 6:45 6:41 6:41 6:39 6:37 2image

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Fantastic running Jason.
  • That's my flat out 5k splits haha what's your PBs mate?
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Spark- Out of date! LOL!image

But currently.... 1.19 for the half and 2.49 for the full

• NP, thanks for the feedback, I normally have a rest day on Saturday before my Long run on Sunday but I can see the sense with your strategy,  impressive weekly mileage, double what I'm currently doing.

AGF, the legs feel good after the massage and they feel fine after the gentle plod around the town

Jason, awesome running, I doubt I could hit those paces during a mile time trial

60 minute run tonight just over 5 miles avgHR 138(73%) 44 miles for the week happy enough with that

have a cracking weekend and be safe in the icy conditions.

• Evening..

MLR 11 MILES in 1.40 before shift tonight

Splits not much like Jasons..but progressive at least...AVE HR 74%

Starting 70-75% finishing 75-80% ...

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    NN- great splits there image

Stewart- good running too image

Early days, but looks like we could be in for some good spring maras image
  • NN - Nice run

Stewart - Well done

Jason - Impressive pace, as always!

NP - Fantastic mileage for the week

Spark - Good running with the dog, I'm not surprised it was knackered after that!

Tek & AGF - Good running guys

-----------

Upper body weights for me this afternoon. I regret being lazy and not going to the gym straight after work this morning, as it was loaded. First slight disappointment of the year, after a week back training and eating better, my weight seems to have went up slightlyimage Albeit, I didn't weigh myself at the same time as last week. So it might just be a time of the day issue, I'll be more concerned if the same happens next week.

Parkrun tomorrow, not sure if I'll race it as part of a 7.5 mile total or cycle up and do a couple of miles before and take it easy. If I take it easy I'll do a tempo run on Sunday.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    SC well done on your run and mileage for the week.

NN nice running and a little progressive run looking at the splits.

SM6 race the park run as part of your run I did a 2 mile warm up, park run then a steady 5 miles after last week.

Well I've got my hill to run up, out tonight to watch Les Mis??rables, first saw the stage show in the West end last year.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    SM6- good luck with the PR image

NP- enjoy your hill and Les Mis image

Recovery day hereimage off to trial run a planned new Parkrun this morning- but just bimbling around image

Have a good one, everyone!
  • Decided to do the 7.5 with fast(ish) parkrun. Pretty pleased to run 21.06, only 22 seconds from my pb despite overdoing the festivities. Think I'll alternate between that session, and using parkrun as a recovery run each week for the next month or 2. I'd be better doing a recovery run in my own time, but I want my 50 T-shirt ASAPimage

Gym in an hour or 2 to look forward to.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Well done on the parkrun Stuart, close to the PB!

Enjoy the recovery day jason, your legs will be pleased!

NP hope you had a good night out and that the hill run goes well. Thick fog here is the lowlands but stunning up with me. image

Nice 11 miles NN, great splits. image

Good weekly mileage Stewart.

Teknik hope the massage helps settle the knee.

Spark not surprised the pooch was tired at that pace! image

Hope you had a good night out AGF. 

20 miles for me this morning, first of the campaign! A very icy start and even my ponytail was white with frost by the end but had a great run, nice and easy and had company so just chatted for 2hr 48m av pace 8:26mm.

F

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Spark - speedy dog runimage

AGF - thanks, building slowly

NP hope you had fun on your hilly 10m, and enjoy Les Mis!

jason great splits yesterday, and happy bimbling todayimage

Stewart well done on the week's total.

NN nice 11 miler - good progressive splits

Stuart nice parkie, and enjoy the gym sesh.

Fiona well done on bagging the 20 miler - nice paceimage

---

11.7m this morning - 5 on the flat on my own at 70%, then a hilly 6.7m with the club.  Club race tomorrow as long as it's not too icy...

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- Nice 20!image Got my first 2mrw

SM6- well done on the Parkrunimage

Well our trial Parkrun was AWESOME!image I was one of 20 runners on a stunning course which followed a grit path around a lake in a country park- not a PB course, but not suicidal either. Lots of really positive feedback. Best of all, the finish line was right next to the cafe which did great coffee and cakes- although I managed to avoid the cakeimage 4m afterwards on the way home. Another easy run planned for laterimage

• 19 miles this morning in the snow , sleet and rain of South Birmingham , managed 2.46 with fairly even splits appart from 11-14 miles which were slower, seemed to be plenty of runners out this morning which was good to see.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    MG1- well done. No white stuff here yet......
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

SM6 Well done on the park run and speed.

Fiona great running saw the splits very nice and first 20 of the campaignimage mine tomorrow.image 

Teknik nice running watch out for the snow tomorrow.

Jason sounds like a great course, good man for staying of the cake, our house is still coming down with stuff thats bad for you from Christmas the OH all ways buys way to much lol enjoy your run later.

MG1 Well done on the 19 miles sounds like you had it bad weather wise, just cold and damp here at the moment.

Well ran my hill and then added 2 more miles on to make it up to just over 10 miles, just hope we can get in and out of Belfast without hitting any trouble laterimage

• Thanks chaps, by the time I finished my hands were getting very cold from running into the cold wind but was enjoyable all the same , what's the maximum distance you would be aiming to go on a long run between now and April??

Have done a couple of 20s and 19 s to date.
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    MG1 I will do a few. At 22 and 23 miles.
  • Quick post.

Brilliant long runs Fiona and MG1, 

MG1 I shall do a few 4 x 20s a 21 and 1x 23 hopefully

5 recovery for me today off to work again now..

18-19 tomorrow

• Nice (icy) runs NN Fiona_C MG1 and Teknik
    No snow here but quite windy (20 gusting 30kts)

14 miles (into the wind half way) after my dip this morning

XC (maybe image) tomorrow

• Night Nurse and No Pain, was thinking of getting a couple of 21 s - 23s next month and again in March which will hopefully be enough come race day
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

MG1- 22 about right, although my Pand D does have one 24 in

OH- good running in tough conditionsimage

NP- Know what youn mean about the Xmas excess- we always buy enough different cheeses to feed a small village!! Resisting temptation here though- and the left over sweets!

6.5m this evening in the bitterly cold gale force windimage, 14.92m for the dayimage

• JSN Well done to you too - I think lesser folk might have given 2nd run a miss!

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

A great mix of runs today, short & fast and LSRs. Everyone putting the miles in, nice.image

Planning anything up to 24 here, will just see how it goes and will keep the schedule flexible. image

Great willpower jason, I just have chocolate to eat but no change there! image

Gosh, take care tonight NP.

F

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    NN hope you where not to busy at work, enjoy your long run.

OH well done on your dip and 14 miles.

MG1 nice.

Jason nice second run in the wind.

Fiona thanks, we got in and out of Belfast no trouble and the roads where fine.
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason - glad the Parkrun trial went wellimageand nice total in a gale force yesterday

MG well done on yesterday's 19 miler. Last time I did 7 x 20+ milers, including a 21 and a 22 (all but one were slow, MP +10% to +15%)

NP well done on the hilly 10. How was Les Mis?

NN nice recovery. Hope the long run goes ok today

OH well done on the windy 14m + swim

HM thanks

Fiona - ouch, 24 would hurt, methinks (particularly at your paceimage)

Hope everyone is ok

---

No ice or frost here so after a one mile warm-up I chased my clubmates around a 7.5m on-road course.  Averaged 7.31mm and the HR "settled" at around 85%max, so happy with that.image