What;4M Steady

Why: getting back into routine again

Coffee and catch up time calling

STRETCH for those who need reminding.

donaldo: First week over as Deputy 'Heedie'

Comments

• Morning. Cold but no snow yet, I expect it's waiting for next weekend

Good midweek MLR there OH.

Blisters - I take my hat off to you, no way could I get my btm out of the door at that time after a day at work - or probably even if I hadn't worked!

Well done on completing the assignment postie.

Stretch Alehouse! Hope everything has settled down again this morning.

What:            30 min easy run or rest
    Why:              busy day at work, not feeling 100%/tapering
    Last hard:      last year
    Last rest:       7/1

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Oh! You Pretty Things", David Bowie.

Today's lyrics: yes

Working for the first time this term, but morning only.

What: work on loosening those ankle joints, plus hopefully a walk.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

happy friday everyone...
    Blisters - good work getting out there!
    Postie - good luck with the final assessments. Your degree is almost the same as mine...I did social sciences with human geography & economics...
    what - very short and very easy run
    why - 5m tempo run plus mile easy wind down yesterday (6.3m in total)
    last rest - 4 weeks
    last hard - getting going yesterday, in effort terms, Tuesday.
    lyric - I think we had these recently? even so, still no idea.

have a good weekend everyone

• What: rest
    Why: appropriate (hopefully another LSR tomorrow)
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: sounds familiar

• Other Half - where are you based for it to be that windy?!!  I find 50kph really hard going.  Even with it behind you, you just dont feel stable and keep getting pushed around by the gusts.  Better today thankfully.

Lyrics - no idea.

Well done postie!

what: 60mins easy
    why: having a chat, enjoying the sun, running round the bays. nice out there today.

End of another week - finished with a lovely curry with my OH. Next week I've got one day in Auckland but hopefully have my running planned around that. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: rest
    Why: sore calf/achillies :S
    Last hard: last night's 10 km with pouring snow (does snow pour?)
    Lyrics: familiar, but not sure...

So last night's 10 km nearly killed me.  No idea why, it wasn't hard when I was running, but afterwards I was whopped.  Today it's all I can do to stay awake (maybe an after-lunch nap is required...).

Lots of stretching needed for me as well, though I always get bored and give up.

M I'm quite short which helps with the low weight...
    Postie well done on finishing the assignment, that's some dedication you have there!
    Ale  good work on the 800ms yesterday, just don't overdo it now.

Have a good day all.

• Good efforts abound!
    Lyrics: Not today
    What: Something gentle
    Why: Recovering
    Last hard: Yesterday's spin class and short run
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    How do triafleets dooo it? My legs were shredded post spin following intervals, sprints and hill climbs. 40 mins of that and legs were mush. Aaaaarrrrgh. Maybe it's easier flat out on the flat but how can the Brownlees et al still whack in such tremendous run times?

• Afternoon.
    What: 3k at 10/12km on treadmill at the gym this morning.
    Why: Had three days rest.
    Last hard: Still Monday's double whammy. Planning a long one on Sunday.
    Lyrics: Familiar...

• Afternoon

What sort of tempo/intervals
    Why needed something new
    Lyrics yes (but not possible around my way)

Was feeling bored when I set out and dreamt up the following in the first mile. Not sure if it has any value but would appreciate comments.

2 mile warm up then 1 mile tempo, 1 mile easy x3
    Splits:

1. 7:13
    2. 7:27
    3. 6:19
    4. 7:26
    5. 6:10
    6. 7:26
    7. 6:11
    8. 7:30

Total 8miles averaging 6:58

• nice tempo run, postie!

Welcome back GGG

Would have known yesterday's lyrics - had no time to log in though image

M. wrote (see)

Chickadee - I need to run sub 3.15 marathon or sub 1.30 half. Wellington marathon is flat but every year seems to have appalling weather so I'll be giving it a miss.  Doing the Wellington Half which is just a few weeks away, but I have a few more halfs in mind.

3:15 is what I'm working towards ... slooowly, mind image. It's amazing how those goals keep changing ... when I started I never thought I'd break 4 hours. Then 3:45 was the next big challenge, then 3:30, etc. Currently my PB is 3:29 but I know there's till room for improvement. You just gotta believe image

Aargh wind ... being in Northern Germany, living right beside a big river means it's always windy here. Not as bad as Orkney but we regurlarly get 60, 70 kmh winds. And no matter what you do, even on a circular route, the wind will be full frontal image

what: 5 miles recovery
    why: did 12 miles with some MP yesterday
    last hard: Saturday
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes

• Practice SC - we call them brick sessions, duathletes call them races image

Not good emzap - hope it's short lived.

chickadeee - I'm the same with marathons in particular - just wanted to do one which turned into 'run sub 4.30' for my first and was followed by sub 4, sub 3.45 but unfortunately I'm a long way from a sub 3.30 and I fear age may be against me.

I do something similar postie but no idea whether it's actually any use beyond the fact that I run faster for a bit than I would otherwise have done.

30 minutes run with Grace, cold out but lovely and still, sky looked to be full of snow though nothing has fallen as yet.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening!

Stretches done, plus 90 minutes walk, largely on the road.

Postie: I think there is some good value in that session and is far better than an 8 mile plod. I've always been a great believer in getting the legs to turn over faster, and that session does the job.

Wind: the worst thing for any outdoor sport! And as Chick  says, it is always in your face!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A.............L.............E.............H.............O.............U.............S.............E

now is there an elastic limit? image

A.............L.............E.............H...

...O.............U.............S.............E

alehouse wrote (see)

Wind: the worst thing for any outdoor sport! And as Chick  says, it is always in your face!

Not all - sailing, kite surfing, wind surfing ....image

• OH: my elasticity seems to be getting shorter, and the muscles weaker!

Was going to start a discussiont about what constitutes a sport rather than recreation, but I'm getting too old for that sort of thing!

Emzap:  take care of your calf/Achilles. Wonder if it is related to the ground conditions when you ran yesterday.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Lyrics - yes!  Hooray!

6 miles straight after work tonight in 47:15. 

postie - bloody good running.

Reading the talk about the sub 3.15 marathon - I'm aiming for the same in May.  I have the 16 week schedule from runnersworld to follow starting on feb 3rd.  Looking forward to the challenge! image

• Evening

Postie: Good session.

donaldo: Good 6 miler.

Ale: STRETCH. 'You know it make sense.' To quote Del Boy Trotterimage

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics YES

Been awol most the week with work getting in the way, had a rest day on Weds then and enforced one and after I got in late only had 20 mins till comittee meeting at club... so 2 rest days and a key session lost.

So planned a resonable double today with 4.5m at MP at lunch followed by an easy 8 tonight. So not too bad.

Take care all