Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Hello all!!! Apologies still for my lack if input but still no laptop yet image love my iPhone but very fiddly to type lots on- and boss!- I can't upload pics easily from it!!

Party party party but I need nakey man pics and I'm a single girl so can perve all I like now!!!! Woohooooooo
  • Franny sis- hope u don't get to much snow- I don't think we will here but it tends to catch us unawares:/

Mc, hope your extended trip wasn't too bad!!

Boss- hope you are bring careful and not over straining any wounds!

Ecky , how's you run club going ? Have a new newyears set if beginners to help?

It's been a long and busy day- I have house viewers tomorrow do whilst miss llb was at a friends I did an ultra tidy- I've made miss llbs room sooo super showroom tidy I've actually banned her from sleeping in it tonight! She's allowed to snuggle in with meimage

Long week and I really fancy having a glass of vino as a treat tomorrow night- but I feel a bit saddo drinking alone :/ is it ok dyu think to have a glass alone? Can't remember how tondo this single girl / mum thing !!!!!!!! image
  • HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry not been on but am having to sort Charidee stuff that's kind of not pleasant. image

Anyways, Im okay as I'm taking a break from it this weekend so I can come on here and catch up with you all. Training has been going well and Im due a 10 miler tomorrow.

Loula we had 7 newbies at running club which was just through word of mouth. There were 22 of us altogether.

• Long time since I've seen a nakey man image  bring on the pics LLB.

Couldn't read anything else for a moment after that.  I'm ok now tho.

• I'm at school and wasn't sure I could send messages.  (They have barred facebook.)

Louise - what are you doing up at that time? Hope you are not poorly.

Anyway, morning guys! A rainy day here and all the snow has melted.  My middle boy is 9 years old today and he has his swimming races.  He is not like his sister and is happy wherever he comes so no worries. Wish I could cheer him on tho.  Music exams went OK yesterday.  We have to wait a few weeks for the results.

I love the song 'Hey Jude' so no apologies necessary.  I had a boyfriend who sung it once to me in a bar in Cyprus - gosh he was romantic.....He was a music student like me and he told the band all the chords beforehand. Nice memories.

Gosh, just seen the time.  Must go .............Have a lovely day all.

• I'm in Dubai - 4 hour time difference

Actually was in Oman yesterday (about a two hour drive) to help with a mountain bike race, so did my test run there along the Dibba coastline.  Back in Dubai now on and off until April then will be based in London.

• ...going to do 5k today, on a soft track.  Plan to try with different shoes.  Attempting miraculous rescue of Two Oceans training plan...

• morning all

loula - I can't remember being single either but I am guessing that having a class on yoru own is fine, but don't get trashed just in case miss llb needs you in the night (and you need to be fresh in the morning for the house viewings). Good luck

louise, good luck with your run, sounds like you are on the mend

Jude - are you at work again?

ecky - hope you are ok

I am off to spinning in a bit, then some gym work.

• Didnt have vino mc as there was none ofmy fave in house image just champagne and Buck's Fizz :/ didnt fancy that. Am off shopping today so may he my wine as a treat but it's a bit pricey image

Ecky thts good tht you had newbies- hope they stay! I'm sure wth you as coach they will image

I was meant to be doing my 2nd 50 mile ultra in 3 weeks time but with so much happening my training just hasn'tt been enough so I've swapped my entry to the northants ultra why h I really loved last yearimage

Louise ... I like pics of nakey men on here and of course I post them merely for the morale if us gals
  • Off to get miss llb a blackberry on contract after dance class... And I fancy a shiny new handbag image
  • Nakey Men, where image

Yeh Loula, I hope it builds up again. We do have a good laugh usually at my expense.image I love it though as we have a great bunch of people. I dont blame you changing your race either, we dont want you injured. Ooooooh shopping sounds like fun. Middle Ecky has a blackberry and is always on bbm

Hi Mathschick, yeh I'm fine just stuff I'm not used to dealing with so I am a bit worried about getting things wrong. I suppose when its all over I can explain more.

Oooooh Louise, Dubai looks fabby. My friend is over there at the moment.

Hiya Jude, Happy Birthday to your Son.

Well just back from 8.8 miles. It shows 8.5 on my Garmin but for some reason I lose Satelite reception for the forst 3-4 mins of my run. I am really pleased as I ran 10.3 min miles or under all of the way. I am just waiting for Hubby to do me a lovely Bacon Sarnie now.

• Lunchbreak.

Ecky - that happens to my garmin too......

MC - Yep, another Saturdayimage and next Saturday.....

Louise - are you enjoying Dubai?

Sorry, gotta go again.

• No to naked men Loula you are leading people astray!!!!! Where are all the blokes at the moment.

Louise-What do you in Dubai? 

Day of rest for me today before a long run in the hills tomorrow. I am being carefull and feel 95% ache free which is pleasing!

• ah, Jude - what is you do on Saturdays? are the kids in school? Any chance you can talk to the school about it to reduce the amount you do?

ecky - well done on your run

spin class, then up into the gym and another bike session to get the bike to 1 and half hours, then some weights

that's me for the day thenimage

have to go and get school shoes for little one though, we went in the holidays but clarks didn't have any his size, so they ordered some and we are going to try them

• Good morning.

Hope all of you who are poorly or injured feel a bit better today.

Well done Mr By Eck and AF on your achievements.

It's my birthday today.Normally a happy day,but very sadly,Mum passed away yersterday afternoon.It was very peaceful.My Dad and sister had just left her bedside,to drop my Dad back home,and they had just got home when the hospital rang and said she had gone in her sleep.In a way it's a relief,as she isn't suffering anymore,but her not being around anymore is going to leave a big hole in our lives.I went to the hospital with my sister last night,to say goodbye,and it was very hard.I have been so lucky to have a wonderful Mum,and she was so proud of my running achievements,modest as they are,and made me feel like a champion,even though i'm really not that fast at all.I love you Mum xxxx.I think i will enter another marathon in Spring 2012 as she is still amazed that i ran one given my problems.

Have a good day everyone,and thanks for all your support. 

• (((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) D.J. Such a difficult time but the love of your family and friends and the lovely memories of your Mum will help you through the coming days. What a lovely way to honour your Mum too with a special race.

• ah, DJ, hugs from me and my thoughts are with you and your family

• Just a quick check in as working

(((((( hugs))))))

Thinking of you at this sad time

Oh and happy birthday too although I know you won't be feeling like it
  • DJ So sorry to here about your Mum. My thoughts are with your family.

I am sure your mum will be looking down on you when you do your next marathon. 

Happy Birthday DJ.  

• So sorry to hear about your Mum, DJ - my condolences go out to you and your family.

• Oh DJ, I'm so sorry...

• Ah DJ sending hugs. And I've just lit my candle for your mum and cos it's your Birthday. Planning your next marathon sounds like a great idea.

• Mr by eck and I send our love and prayers to you and your family.
  • Just read your sad news DJ.  So sorry. A marathon sounds like a lovely idea.

• DJ just read your sad news-so sorry (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• morning everyone

woke to snow, had a lovely 7 miles run/walk. Running still feels a lot harder than it used to, but knee not grumbling too muchimage

• Well done MC! 7 miles in the snow is brill. In answer to your question: I have to go to school on Saturdays because the kids have portfolios.  They show their work to their parents individually and talk about it. I can't get out of it....Last week some of them had extra lessons because they didn't get a good mark in their English exam. (Remember they are 7!! It's crazily competitive here.)

My knee seems almost back to normal already.  It's done a couple of strange clicks and feels a bit weak but I'm not limping or in any pain....??? Not gonna chance a run yet tho.

Son had a lovely b'day yesterday.  He got some more lego and a watch and some new trainers.  He was at the swimming races all day and swam really well.  He got a bronze medal for the relay so he was very happy.

What's the weather like for everybody else there in Blighty, anymore snow?

• Jude - well done to your boyimage

Good news about your knee too. 

The saturdays sound like a pain, but I guess sometimes you just have to happy to have a job. Are things better in general at this school than at the last one?

• Discipline is better but there is more work.  Colleagues are much nicer here but management is similar to last place.