Monday 14 January 2013

Morning all

What something not too slippy
Why seasonal weather
Lyrics Yes

Yesterdays were Toyahs 'It's a Mystery' as to why I run 21.5 miles at stupid o'clock on a cold Sunday morning.

Still snowing sort of so will have to bw careful.

Alehouse S...T....R.....E......T.......C........H

Comments

• Morning from a wet West of Scotland.

What:4M Steady.

Why: Didn't feel like a Fartlek yet.

ale: STRETCH !

No snow, Had some yesterday throughout day.

• Morning.

A slightly heavier dusting of snow now on the ground and more forecast throughout the day. Don't think it will disrupt planned activity too much today but running outside may become an issue in the next day or two.

Tom - how old are your orthotics? Could they have compacted.

Quick progress Alehouse - keep stretching!

What:            swim set
    Why:             I'm a triathlete innit
    Last hard:     last year
    Last rest:      7/1

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

And a yes to the appropriate lyrics!

The overnight snow has now largely disappeared: just a dusting on car roof.

What: will be a walk
    Why: caution

Plus some strength and flexibility work.

Great progress, Sweep!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh yes - I forgot to comment on sweeps great strides forwards to - must feel good to see progress like that sweep!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    well done with the offroad antics OH & Sweep
    light dusting when I left the house (although it was snowing still), London though cold and snowless.
    what - easy run
    why - monday
    last rest - 30days?
    last hard - Saturday

• good luck with the snow everyone. luckily we've only had to deal with rain and wind here today. anyone would think summer was over!

what: 55mins easy
    why: recovery day

Tom: sorry to hear of your ongoing injury issues. Hoping for a good and speedy resolution for you (although a 5 week wait is not a good start to that!) 

• What: nothing much
    Why: due a rest day
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: friday

• Lyrics....on the front sheet but not in the text above, if I've got the right ones...yes
    What: Something longer than 5 miles (I hope)
    Why: because I want and need to
    Last Hard: Last Thursday:
    Last Rest: Saturday
    Got my events confused, it the Not the Roman IX this weeken and Llanswirry in two weeks...aaargh. Hope we can get there.
    AH....s.....t...r...e....t...............ca...ching

• Some really good weekend training (in no particular order) M, postie, RFJ, LmH, Donaldo...

Davey: sorry to hear you are under the weather. It's the time of year. Make sure you are 100% healthy again before venturing out into the cold image

Tom: good do see you. That bike is probably saving you from going nuts image. 15mph av. on a bike is good going!

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

chickadeee - I'm the same with marathons in particular - just wanted to do one which turned into 'run sub 4.30' for my first and was followed by sub 4, sub 3.45 but unfortunately I'm a long way from a sub 3.30 and I fear age may be against me.

It's all in the head, LMH. Look at Dubai Dave and the amazing time he knocks out as a V50 ...  

donaldo wrote (see)
    Reading the talk about the sub 3.15 marathon - I'm aiming for the same in May.  I have the 16 week schedule from runnersworld to follow starting on feb 3rd.  Looking forward to the challenge! image

Nice one! I'm nowhere near 3:15 shape yet. But who knows what's gonna happen in the next few years ...

RFJ wrote (see)

Just got numbers through for Stubbington 10k.... I get Dear Runner and a blue number, Jnr gets a yellow number, opens the letter and it says Dear ELITE Runner.... says it all really!!!!!!!!

Nice one. ELITE runner has a nice ring to it image

Dustin wrote (see)

Managed to take a tumble this morning 200m into the run. straight into the woods, and you see that thick 5 inch tree stump covered by leaf fall? no, me neither.
    Splat on rightside..big scrape down my arm, but nothing sinister. Even my mates didn't laugh: "we thought you landed on your face"...Pride hurt more than anything...the rest of the run passed less spectacularly!!

Ouch image. Glad you got away with superficial grazes only.

Rest day today for me, but I did a progressive 19 miler yesterday. 6miles each at 9, 8:30 and 8mm. Felt strong. The bitterly cold wind and the sleet showers got a bit on my nerves towards the end though and I was happy once I was back home.

• Just about made 4 mile run up Regents canal - legs battered after Surrey Lge xc on saturday and a 14 miler yesterday (sub 7 mm - silly..)

I blame forumite 'Phil Pub' for making me sprint the finishing 100m, with all his Kent AC mates cheering him on! Quite pleased as got 36th in a decent field, so a bit of progress.

Hope the snow goes quickly - it s real pain and hinders training..

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

back in...
    got out for 6miles along the Embankment, and turned out quicker than expected.
    White stuff appeared so that I had non stop snow flurries throughout, but wasn't too cold (I did have the gloves on though). Not many tourists too, so running was largely unhindered!!
    well done with the weekend runs Simon, Chicka!!

• Managed 8 in the end using cycle and bus lanes. Pace was slow but probably more to do with yesterdays long run rather than todays slippery white stuff.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Yay i'm back seems i've missed a lot

Alehouse - Stretch have to read back

One  more manic week getting store back to normal plus  moving the layout then hopefully normality

Ran today 2nd one this month so hoping to get back on the road build up again  i need to

What: 1.33 miles
    Why: have a half marathon to train for
    Last hard: getting out the door
    Lyrics dunno was on the front page  but didn't take note, but probably not

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What: 9km with some faster bits in there
    Why: need to get some speed into my legs again
    Last hard: admitting that I need to run in long trousers image

So went to the running shop and bought some long running tights.  The man in the shop told me I'd definitely need a medium, I'd never fit into an XS...I tried on the XS, they are perfect...I felt a little insulted by his comment!  Anyway, 1st run EVER in long trousers.

2km warm up at 6m/km, 1 km 5:30, 1 km recovery (6m/km), then 1km 5:15 with 1 km recovery, then 1 km 5:00 with 2 km cool down.  Felt really good and the sun was out.  A bit trecherous in places, but round here they tend to clear the snow off the pavements, so it's not too bad.

Some good long runs over the weekend.  Dustin how's your arm feeling? RFJ any reprocussions from the tumble on Sat?

Have a good one all.

• Good evening all.

I havent been around these parts for a while. I am getting back into training, although for the last week or so I have been consumed with the race i was planning.

Well it happened yesterday.

Have a look at our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Ferrycarrig5

We had a good turn out and all the planning, annoying people for help and sponsorship paid off. we got about 280 runners and 50 walkers in the end - not bad for an inaugural race in rural Ireland:

I'm back in training tomorrow so i'll be annoying yiz again!!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Paddy Hi page looks good though had type in Ferrycarrig5  in the search box as link brought me to my page

Glad  you had  a good show  and from the sound of it it'll run again

Well done

• Great to hear Paddy - on both fronts. Good to have you back.

That is a great LSR chickadeee - I couldn't dream of running a long run like that. Don't worry, I haven't given up trying to lower the time - just not sure I'm going to get there!

emzap - the cheek.

Nice to see you Pammie - are you planning on streaking again?

Nothing like racing for position to keep you honest Simon.

Dustin - that's a long streak - unusual for you isn't it?

I had a good swim today, or miscounted, but as I didn't think I'd miscounted until I saw how fast I'd swum the main set and the most I had to count to was ten I think I'll settle on 'good swim' image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

LMH probably not

well not this year anyway. The reasons why i stopped will happen again unless i change jobs or win the lottery. The work schedule approaching Christmas just won't allow it

Good swim from you

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Don't know the lyrics and didn't stretch!  

4 miles cross country over field, hill and muddy paths in the half light which became full dark on my run, slowing me to 36 mins!  

Rest tomorrow, first for 9 days,my legs are looking forward to it. image

• Lyrics, really easy, but no, not here. 3 degrees and wet. Just add a nice gale to make the worst kind of weather.

What? Rest day/week, and muscles are starting to twitch already. Doing odd jobs around the house that have been backing up. I may even become the iron(ing) man by the end of the week.

Hard? Planning the wife's secret birthday event. She likes surprises, except those that are a surprise.