half marathon training plan after injury.

I was running regularly though was injured new years day after a 5k. I took a rest from running and rehabiliting myself now. I rang 4K yesterday and 5 K today in around 26 minutes. In the past I have run a 1.44 half marathon. I am due to be doing a half marathon in around 3 weeks was hoping I can build up to 9 to 10 miles without any discomfort in my foot. The half marathon is in around 3 weeks time. Thinking I should aim to run in 2 hrs to 2 and 1/4 hours to avoid injuring myself again but just getting round.

Any ideas regarding training schedule would be welcomed.

Comments

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

You're doing a half marathon in three weeks time, and are currently running only 5k?

You wont find any three week training schedules for a half marathon, as you can't do any effective training in that short a time period. 

Hopefully its a typo and you meant three months - in that case there are 12 week plans in the trianing section of the web site that will help you. 

If you really did mean three weeks, then I'd say you were better to miss the race and maybe look for another one later in the year.