Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• seren nos wrote (see)

Boules.........I hate pedants on the forums but i agree that companies should use the correct english

Huge apologies if I came across as a pedant. If I'm the only one bothered by the plethora of errors in the newsletter, I promise to remain ever quiet on my soapbox. It was also an attempt at humour though, and apologies if I offended. I would never mock the spelling or grammar of anyone on the forums, but I expect a bit better from a published newsletter. I promise to keep my deep thoughts to myself from now on image

• I'm with you LB. People using "myself" and "yourself" instead of "me" and "you" is my current gripe.

Seren, English has a capital E!image
  • Les boules, you are not alone my friend. Seeing basic grammar mistakes in published media gets my goat too.

• Coming round to the fact I am a fair weather plodder. I detest training in this weather (TT in the shed, terrified on the run). 100% for the Intermediate plan so far (if you ignore the swimming) but i so wish this weather would "do one"!

Any tips on sticking i out other than HTFU!
  • 1200 mtr swim at lunch and 5 mile run with Horse tonight in -3c along the canal, run done in Z2 and it felt good
  • Les boules........i meant it to come across like badger said.............that its annoying in printed media........I just get wound up when people try and correct peoples post on the forum........forums are for chatting without worrying about english...........

but yes I'm happy for people to bring up stupid media stuffimage

stanners its not easy in this weather......well done for sticking to it so far..........whats wrong with the swimming

• BrokeButTri'ng wrote (see)

Raf do Alpkit sponsor Pirates or something? image

Someone has got to pick up Seren's bar tab image

i will not be drinking this year at outlaw..i will be in bed by 8pm each nightimage

• Work commitments means i am averaging 1 swim session per week. Comfortable with where i am (2500 in 50m at a very managable effort level) but i will struggle to improve speed / efficiency given the frequency of my sets.

Averaging 13kmph in z2 for long runs and averaged 29kmph on last weekends 1h 45m bike so my concern is just swimming (and the effing weather). I really cant see my swim volumes increasing until OW starts again in April
  • stanners.if you have that base for the swimming i think you will be fine when it builds up in spring OW........

looks like the training is going really wellimage

• resting for me tomorrow as wel EP.........got some yoga today and runningimage

• I'm so tempted to bin the yoga and try and get out on the bike,.............we only have very light snow falling that should stop soon....the weather does not look very promising for the weekend............I'm not sure i could do a long bike on the turbo........image

• Thick heavy snow stops play, can't run or bike in it, not worth risking your neck driving to the pool in it early doors or late at night either.

Could turbo but still not quite right after last weeks lurgy and since it's my chest that hurts I figure training is best left. But 2 weeks off, will this scupper my plans?

• Loving my Yaktrax Pro in the snow ... highly recommended. Haven't slipped once, even on really icy stuff.

AB - better to rest now and be healthy for the heavier stuff later on, I reckon, and the weather is helping you to rest.

• alibear.........this early on there is no problems with missing a few weeks.its consistency on the rest of the programme that will count

• Feel your pain AliBear I have been laid low this week. Just starting to get some 50% sessions back on track with a view to a close to full week next week.

Thinking of a run-commute tomorrow to avoid any snow disruption and tick off the Friday run at the same time without having to be up too early.

Although i was keen to avoid it adaptation does appear to be the name of the game with IM training.

• seren nos wrote (see)

alibear.........this early on there is no problems with missing a few weeks.its consistency on the rest of the programme that will count

I think we all need a wee reminder like that, Seren.  
    I've been a bit pissed off today because I'm feeling wiped out (monster headache and neck pain yesterday) and have decided not to train, and I won't be able to fit anything in tomorrow either.  
    I need to remind myself that, in the grand scheme of things, an extra rest day at this stage is neither here nor there, and will do me good if I'm feeling ropey.

Right - now that I've justified lying on the sofa, I can get back to some quality blobbing! 

• Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)
    Work commitments means i am averaging 1 swim session per week. Comfortable with where i am (2500 in 50m at a very managable effort level) but i will struggle to improve speed / efficiency given the frequency of my sets.

Averaging 13kmph in z2 for long runs and averaged 29kmph on last weekends 1h 45m bike so my concern is just swimming (and the effing weather). I really cant see my swim volumes increasing until OW starts again in April

Nothing to fret about, Stanners. You're fit as a butcher's dog and work-life balance will be re-established in no time. ONe good session a week will do you fine until then, mate image.

• and don't do anything silly with the bad weather..run off road if you are happy but otherwise there is no prizes for injury due to hitting ice..........

this is a long road,,,,better to do a shorter treadmill or turbo just to kep going.( and hate them both ).........

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

good advice seren

• rest day for me and hubby..He can't get to work.................I am so tempted to get on the trail shoes and go for a long run off road.....................

propably not wise as did 10.5 miles yesterday and my yoga class yesterday involved partner work which is making me a little tenderimage

• Running is officially quicker than driving. Five mile run commute this morning and I was the first one to work!image

If those pavements ice up it might be a diffrent story on the way home...

So my Friday 95 min run will be in two halves. But at least I didn't have to get up at silly oclock to do it before I came in. I might make Friday run commute Fink Friday!

• right didn't rest but went for a 2 hour run in teh snow.....it was lovely........only managed 9 miles 

but sometimes you train because the schedule tells you....and sometime you get out there because its beauitful to be able toimage

• Long run done in lovely snowimage

My family and neighbours think I'm mad but tomorrow will be slush and ice...

• Work commitments meant I missed my bike session yesterday so did it this morning instead on the turbo. Contemplating going out for a run in a bit as it looks quite nice out there in the snow. Haven't managed any swim sessions this week tho...need to have a rethink about how I incorporate the leisure centre pool timetable into my plan...
  • TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭
    Jammy having the same problems getting into and motivated for leisure centre pool.

Taking a leaf out of the hardy souls with the snow running and plodded round a dark park and wood in the snow whilst daughter was at swimming club. Absolutely brilliant, not a soul around and just snowy paths, probably my favourite run of the year.