How many pairs of runnin shoes do you own

I was just wondering how many pairs of shoes everyone has "on the go" at any one time. It`s starting to cause a few arguments at home as the kitchen seems to be filling up with them and it`s too damp to store them in the garage.

Currently I have

2  (pairs) x Racing flats - 1 nearly worn out, 1 not yet worn in.

2 x Trail /off road shoes - 1 for really muddy stuff 1 for racing

3x "ordinary running shoes" for general road running

1x Minimal / barefoot shoes - thought i`d try and see what it is all about.

so thats 8 pairs,

what does everyone else have?  (hoping i`m not the only one with so many)

Comments

• I have four pairs but then have only 'road raced' until now but considering some trail stuff soon.

x2 pairs daily training shoes, 1 pair about 300 miles, the other brand new

x1 pair of 'racers'

x1 pair of minimal.

You can never have enough pairs in my eyes! But like Millsy they do create 'storage' issues image

My issue is the sheer amount of running clothing. At the last count I had 22 running tops!!!!!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

My OH has a ridiculous number of them.  There are up to nine pairs in the cupboard, a couple in the hall, some in a drawer....

I have two pairs.

• I'm reluctant to throw my favourite trainers away (or even give them to charity) so I have : 2 x road trainers that have done over a 1000 miles but are fine for mixed terrain muddy training runs

Then
    4 x more regular road trainers (including a pair I bought two years ago and still haven't started using yet)

2 x racers

1 x 'waffles'

1 x 'conversions' - old road trainers now with an off-road sole

1 x athletic spikes

1 x cross country spikes

So that's 12 pairs in total image

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

This week I have:

2x daily runners (two versions of the same model, one new and the other 80% ish through their effective life)

1x lightweight racing shoes.

Last week I had these three pairs plus at least another five pairs of old shoes that were used occasionally.  I'm feeling much better for getting rid of them!

• 2 x pairs of road shoes

1 x lightweight

1 x XC spikes

1x trail

1x Fell

But that could all change as there a few sales on at the moment image

• only have two pairs, one for road and flat trail and one for mud and hills!

• 3 pairs of trail shoes. 1 minimalist pair of trail shoes. 2 lightweight racing shoes. 5 pairs of road running shoes. That makes 11 pairs.
  • I only have 2x road (am thinking of getting another pair exactly the same for when the current pair wear out, as they're cheap right now) and 1 x trail, but I also have three or four pairs of 'retired' road shoes that I think are knackered for running but would still use for other things, e.g. gardening, gym, etc.

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭
    XC spikes, track spikes, mud pluggers, trail shoes, racing flats, 3 pairs road shoes + 1 pair for work runs and 1 set in the car. 10 sets plus 2 pairs still in their box and one knackered pair for other things.

Have more shoes than the missus!
  • 1 pair training shoes (ordinary Asics) used for daily miles/gym.

1 pair trail shoes (although mostly used for hill walking these days).

1 pair fell shoes.

1 pair XC spikes

1 pair lightweight racing flats

2 pairs not really worn for running, just for kicking about.

I think that's all... bf has....

3 pairs old training runners

1 pair trail shoes

1 pair fell shoes

1 pair XC spikes

fast flats

faster flatsimage

15 pairs all in... hmmm.... we may have an addictionimage

• Fantastic! 

I now have the evidence I need to convince the missus that I do, in fact need at least another 3-4 pairs image

• One.  I use them until they wear out and replace them.  I do wear size 14's so there isn't a great deal of choice for me though.

• besides the few old pairs of asics i no longer run in or wear but keep kicking around for god knows what reason...

2x new balance minimus zero road shoes (1 for training and a nice clean newer pair for race day)

1x barefoot trail shoe

1x "waffle" fell/mud shoe

1x track running shoe (middle distance adidas spikes)

2x GoRun (used to run in these a lot but these days i just use them for waking or traveling, they are by far the most comfortable shoes ive ever worn)

and finally i have for no reason other than sentimental, the pair i completed my 1st race in, in a box under the bed,

• I only own a few pairs of real shoes.........

but running shoes..........

1 walshes
    3 trail.
    4 running shoes ijn use
    1 new pair shoes
    4 older pairs used for everyday walking around
    1 old pair used for painting 

• 2 pairs. Just plucked up the courage to throw 3 pairs out that I though i (might) use at somepoint!

• According to Fetch I have the following active right now

• Tubbs snowshoes
    • Salomon Speedcross CS
    • Salomon XA Pro 3D boot
    • Nike Flex
    • Inov-8 Roclite 312 GTX
    • Yaktrax Pro
    • Asics Fuji Sensor GTX
    • Icebug Heros
    • Asics gel trail attack
    • Salomon XT Wings
    • Salomon Speedcross 3
    • Asics gel 1140
    • Asics gel trail Lahar

I like to swap around image

• I have 8 that are active - My current list is:

Brooks T7 racers (for 5-10ks)
    Asics Hyperspeed4s - lightweight shoes I didn't really get to grips with, so use very occasionally
    Brooks ST5 (for 10k-10m races and whenever I fancy something a bit lighter)
    Brooks GTS 12 - core milegage shoe
    Asics 2170 (*2) - alternative everyday mileage shoes
    Roclite 315s (*2) - trail shoes (one old pair only used when the current pair are soaking wet)

I'm about to buy another pair of the Brooks GTS12 as I suspect my current ones are approaching the end of their useful life.imageimage

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

2 x road 
    3 x race
    1 x XC spike
    (plus 1 x track spike, impulse bargain buy in Sports Direct, haven't had a chance to see whether they'll knacker my calves yet.)

I've got 942 miles in my latest pair of Nike Zoom Elite, and the foam is starting to show through the outer, so I think they'll need retiring by 1,000 miles. I'm holding out at least till my next race, in case I win any more Sweatshop vouchers.  image

• 1 x road (usually 2 but I just binned the oldest pair)

2 x trail

1 x 'barefoot'

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

My wife & kids make me have an annual shoe cull.
    In fairness in terms of road shoes, I'm a little 'light' at the moment (3 pairs), although some of the old , worn out pairs are still around for wearring to the pub/tescos etc.
    4 pairs off road ones, 2 xc spikes, 2 track spikes.
    Dont get me started on how many pairs of casual trainers.

Brooks for the road, adidas kanadia for mud.

• The wife thinks I chuck a pair out whenever I buy a new pair - ha ha ha!

2 current pairs of road shoes

2 pairs for road racing (though one pretty much done)

1 minimalist off road pair

1 bulky off road pair

1 pair of screwshoes

1 pair of track spikes

3 old pairs for knocking about in

So 8 for running and 3 general

• I've got:

5 pairs of Nike Pegasus

1 pair of Nike Pegasus Trail

4 pairs of the Nike Pegasus are worn out (ish). I wear one pair for gardening and similar tasks, I should either chuck the rest out or start wearing them for day to day walking.

Going to need another pair of road shoes soon, I like to start wearing the new ones in long before the old ones start to wear out. Probably be yet another pair of Nike Pegasus...

• You guys make me feel good, i thought i was due a cull but it would appear i should hang on to what i have...

2 x cascadia trail (1 broken pair but cant quite make it to the bin)

1x saucony progrid for road (newish, only 1 marathon old)

1x saucony progrid old road runners - demoted to use for the gym

1x asics for walking the dog coz they were no good for anything else

• touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    Oh dear

At the moment I have...

2 x Newton motion that I use for long distance road

1 x Newton distance racer for short stuff

1 x inov8. 230's mainly shorter road when it's wet or cold due to Newton poor grip

1 x brooks pure grit nice dry summer trails

2 x merrell mix master long distance trail (1pair in box still)

2 x la Sportiva cross lites for more technical trail (1 pair still in box)

1 x saucony mirage which only get used when injured + need more stability

1 x brooks pure flow in post wanted some cushioned road shoes

Plus a few pairs of shoes that I tried and don't like but don't want to get rid of... Mizuno wave inspire, nb 110's, 5 fingers, Adidas kanadias, vivo barefoots, think that's it!!!
  • Lots, some going in the bin soon

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

2160, DS Trainer, Adizero Ace and Lunaracers brand new still in the box that were a bargain so bought them. Saucony Ride, Lunarglides, Mizuno Elixir, Adizero XT, Saucony Fastwitch and XC spikes in use. You can't have too many pairs, like bikes, the correct number of pairs to own is one more than you already have.

• Did a race on Sunday, got a flyer for a local shop that offered £15 off a pair of shoes if you hand in your old ones. If you're ditching old shoes it might be worth seeing if anyone else has a similar deal.