Talkback: UK half marathon race calendar

The Bacchus Half Marathon did not quite get the required number of votes to register on the RW 'top half marathons' list of 2012, but it would have given the top rated run (Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon) a run for its money (so to speak).

I ran in the Bacchus Half - it was extra-ordinarily good. A-may-zing. 

Comments

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭

Think the ratings have to do more with who advertises / online entry than anything else as it's certainly not the best rated events.

• There's a new(?) East London Half Marathon on 14th April
  • I came in here to also add the East London half, but I totally agree about Bacchus - once you run it, you're guaranteed to do it again and again. It's a hilly beast but just SO much fun and such a great atmosphere. I couldn't believe how it wasn't in the top list in the magazine...
  • RW has stipulated for years that races must get at least 25 ratings to be considered for their 'Top 10 lists' - the Bacchus Half got 20 ratings (99% overall, 100% would do it again). Otherwise, it would have been in the top 3, for sure.

Piers, I'm sure it's nothing to do with advertising or whether online entry is through RW - although the race does have to have an event page with RW (you don't then have to do online entry through RW as well) to get ratings. 

• Hi

Just to clarify - our Races of the Year feature (here) is based on all events on the site, regardless of whether they do online entry with us. As Dr Robert says, races must get at least 25 ratings.

The half marathon calendar above is those with online entry on the site - editorial is one of the incentives to put a race on with us. 

Thanks, 

Katie RW

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭
    What abour Basingstoke Half?