ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Ds2 I can't believe that you missed out on a place at York marathon, I will keep a look out for more places or someone dropping out for you.

I really didnt look at it like that, running so many laps on one day and so many on the next...would just be like a normal weekend! Do they have showers there?

Hi tigger...hmmm I like green or blue, what do you think? I don't have a tent, so any tent that anyone else has got is a bonus.

I've asked a few of my friends but about joining us but alot didn't know with it being on a sat and having to work- they were going to look into it. What time does it start at? Do you think we should just enter a team of 5 or like Malcs said enter a OH as the 6th member?

Thanks Jen, I guess your right 19 miles in between two marathons should hopefully be a walk in the park!!!
  • sarah osborne wrote (see)

Indy im only hoping to do about 3 laps too... i will ask some of my friends and get back to you all

Great to hear I'm not the only one, although Malcs does paint a compelling picture for doing more

jenf wrote (see)

I've just done my first ever parkrun image It was good fun!  It was a trial run, but hopefully it will lead to a regular thing. There's not been a parkrun in my area before, so I really hope it takes off.

I'm definitely thinking a park run is the way to go when I'm back in training, they sound great, fingers crossed the Physio will be able to give me an idea of when I can get back on the road today

RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Argh CaroT! In the sea?? It's January, crazy lady!!! image

I second that! Hat's off to you though CaroT, I used to go surfing where I grew up on the IOW and Winter always gave the best waves, I can genuinely say that I don't think I could do that again now!image

Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Well done Jen thats brilliant.... kinda got parkrun envy!!

Sarah not really thought about colours.... any suggestions??

I vote blue! maybe we could go two tone?

• im happy with blue....my favourite colour to wear!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yes Sarah they do have showers. There can be a bit of a queue but it's worth the wait. I had one last time and it was very nice. Had to queue for about 5-10 mins. 

The race starts at noon on Saturday. I think registration is from 11am and I'm pretty sure everyone needs to be there to sign in. 

So what about the entry? Team of 5 or 6-8? If the latter I need a name for team member 6 even if it's just a holding name. 

Btw. I haven't heard back from Clive yet but he may still be on hols.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I'm not making any big announcements so shhh, keep it quiet, but I may be back in business (running). image

Did a little 3 miler today. Went well but the real test will be how I feel tomorrow because doing the same thing last week caused a massive relapse. Fingers crossed!

• hey iv spoken to lottie and she is in for the thunder run! Malcs i' llmessage you her details.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Excellent, so....

WE'RE IN!

All entered and confirmed - no turning back now image

The team can be modified online at any time. I put the team name as "RW Bootcampers 2013" based on Tigger's post about hoodies earlier but it can easily be changed.

The event manual is here:

http://www.tr24.co.uk/tr24_2013_manual.pdf

This really is the best race I've done. In many ways it's alot like bootcamp - a load of like minded people all crazy about running and high on adrenaline. I think you're all going to love it. And of course running in the middle of the night is just something else!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Thats great Team Bootcampers! I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it. Someone needs to take video footage please!!!

Good to hear you back out running Malcs, fingers crossed you're on the up again!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Shh Jen, quietly please. I don't want to tempt fate so I'm keeping it hush hush for now. If I don't feel like I'm going to die tomorrow then I'll crack open the party poppers image

PS. still places on the team if/when you change your mind image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

ok.. I'm whispering..image

Almost wish I wasn't away on hols now, It sounds like it will be a blast.

• So excited now!! can the team message me your email address's please!

thanks x

• Thankyou ever so much Malcs for sorting it all out, im so grateful, chris will be relieved that hes not the 6th person as well now as he doesnt like the idea of camping or running so much (yet...but im still working on him).

Thanks for the heads up with the showers aswell, if im seperating laps then a good shower is warrented....and a flask of coffee!

Im keeping my fingers crossed that you will remain well by the morning, it sounds like youve had a good rest and gave yourself alot of time to recouperate.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

No problem at all. Tigger is now the official team captain hence her above request.

Hopefully we can all arrange to be on the same pitch but that's all for later down the line.

Yes rest indeed. No running for me today of course, isn't that right Jen? image Certainly wasn't tempted by a cheeky 3 miles round the block with the missus. Not me guv, I was at home resting image

• Lol. Hope your feeling ok this morning Malcs and you've made a full recovery.

I hope netballs cancelled....its too cold to be playing outdoors without gloves (never understood why you can't wear them as if anything they hinder you catching a ball rather than help you)!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Crack open the part poppers, switch on the fairy lights and hoist the main sail, I think I may finally be rid of the lurg! image

Don't think I'll risk running today but I'll definitely be out tomorrow. 

Are you not allowed to use fingerless gloves Sarah? I'm surprised they are that strict. In Rugby you can use certain types but they must be fingerless.

• Malcs wrote (see)

Crack open the part poppers, switch on the fairy lights and hoist the main sail, I think I may finally be rid of the lurg! image

Don't think I'll risk running today but I'll definitely be out tomorrow. 

Are you not allowed to use fingerless gloves Sarah? I'm surprised they are that strict. In Rugby you can use certain types but they must be fingerless.

Glad to hear you're on the mend and big thanks for your organisational prowess on behalf of team bootcamp.

Does anyone think we should have a competition for the ultimate bootcamp based name?

• G'day everyone,

Apologies for not being back on since got back from hols but been busy on call at work. Plus trying to catch up on forums impossible!!

Great news about the Thunder run- who is confirmed in the end?

Need to get the running back on track, as really lost enthusiasm around Xmas. did a couple of runs on holiday, including a 7miler from the hotel as far as the mnearest p[alm tree and back. It was a dead straight road and I did wonder about mirages...Whether it was the heat or eating/drinking too much as well, but I could barely walk for a couple of days after. Even the kids kept saying Daddy is walking funny

Mind you, went out at 10.30pm last night in -3- was really refreshing until I realised when got back to car I had no petrol and the petrol cap was frozen. Mr Bean type video followed as I tried to force it open!

Other than York, has anyone else any other plans for Autumn marathons? I fancy chaicago but not sure re the price. I'm going to d the Great North Swim and maybe a couple of tris in the summer as well

DS- will send email later

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    welcome back Clive. Yep..its time to get your running back on track. I'm sure your hol was a much needed break! I'm not doing TR24, but am doing snowdon marathon in Oct. ! lots of hill work for me this summer.
  • yay, glad that youve finally made a full recovery Malcs. Were not allowed to wear any types of gloves or hats....i think its quite mean really as some days it can be freezing...luckily the match was cancelled today. Dont think I would have enjoyed it in -3 - -8 conditions and freezing fog!

Hi clive, hope you had a fabulous holiday. Im, sure your running will get back on track now that your back home and back into your routine. My car door wouldnt shut today as the lock was frozen and wouldnt work properly....very inconvenient!

Im one of the people doing TR24.

Hi Indy...why not!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sarah - thanks. Did 4.5 today SLOOOOWLY. Minus 8 and no gloves? Netball players are obviously all hard as nails! I'll stick to rugby.

Clive - great to see you back!

Indy - no problem. All for a bootcamp name comp - are you going to start the ball rolling? image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all. Not been posting much because work has been manic - I think I'm paying for my inability to work in December due to being totally absorbed in this thread! Wife reminded me last night that we need to change both cars this year and eldest will be off to Uni next year. Suddenly the need for income looks a bit greater than it did when all I could think of was Paris!

Malcs - (whispering). Glad to see you are back in business. Is your first race the Spitfire?

Clive - Trust you had a great holiday? Thanks for the email. I have read a little but will do my best to have a proper look this weekend. looking at the weather forecast i might have a bit of time on my hands..........

Very jealous of you lot doing the TR24.

Jenf - enjoy those hills. Have thought about doing Snowdonia myself on more than one occasion. I shall look forward to hearing all about it. I thought about you on Saturday when i took my daughter hockey and the cafe next to the pitch was selling granola bars. Didn't look as appetising as yours thoughimage

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

hey DS2 still a few places left at Snod i think...I'll supply you with granola barsimage

Malcs, good you've got another run in.. slow is good!

Lol Sarah re car, my electrics have been playing up in these sub zero temps n the windows go up n down on tier own! bit chilly!!

• Evening all! It's started the snow is making another appearance! looks like I'll be swimming tomorrow! glad to say Mr Tigs is driving home now instead of tomorrow! thought I'd share that!! very excited about the TR24 , anyone else other than malcs, rrr, and our team that's doing it?

• Malcs.so you are recovered from the lurgy just in time for the interesting running conditions

hope everyone manages to stay safe in the snowimage

• Malcs wrote (see)

Sarah - thanks. Did 4.5 today SLOOOOWLY. Minus 8 and no gloves? Netball players are obviously all hard as nails! I'll stick to rugby.

Clive - great to see you back!

Indy - no problem. All for a bootcamp name comp - are you going to start the ball rolling? image

No gloves....and you ran slowly image. My fingers were killing when I was driving with my gloves on in my car with the heaters on this morning!

DS2..it must be the week for being manic at work....ive had a horrendous few days. What cars do you have? do you want?

Glad its not just my car playing up....i thought I was going daft at first as the door kept springing open but I couldnt see anything in its way to stop it closing. It took 4 attempts at shutting it until I clicked that it was probably a frozen lock/handle....I can be blonde at times and yesterday was quite a busy and stressful day so I dont think I was thinking as clearly!

No snow yet for us....im hoping it stays away until next week...somehow I dont think I will get my wishes Tigger

You too Seren

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    DS2 - yes first one will be spitfire. It's far enough off for me to get up to speed. I am tempted by a cheeky half in between. Tunbridge Wells is tempting. Ran again today so I think I can officially declare myself back...

...just as the freakin' snow hits, Yes Seren you hit the nail on the head. Perfect timing eh? Could be worse, I could be in Wales! image

Sarah - the glove reference was to you and your netball. It's only around zero here and I definitely have gloves on!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Malcs - Tunbridge Wells? Mmmm - enjoy the hillsimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yeah it's not a flat one. I've done it twice and I quite like the hills. I reckon I run faster over hills than on the flat!

Another one I looked at was Sutton 10K as I heard it was a good PB course image

• Woo woo!! We're all entered for TR24 then!! image It's going to be a blast!! image I took my foam roller along to my 24 hr one last year - was TOTALLY worth it!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

RRR - do you get a priority pitch as you're in a pair? If not we should all try and pitch in the same place. You're allowed to get there early and 'reserve' a space by taping it off. 

DS2 - you got any races between now and March?