Thursday 17th January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Even on a day like this when you're crawling on the floor

I'm with you Blisters - bored with it now. Not convinced the race is going to happen or that conditions will be conducive to racing if it does. Scared of falling over between now and then and injuring myself when walking the dog. Cold! We have snow forecast from this evening through until Tuesday at the moment.

What:               swim and a sauna
Why:                 it's warm/taper/see above
Last hard:         last year
Last rest:          15/1

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: nothing
    Why: caution. Legs feel a little tender after QofP yesterday plus I have done quite a bit, relatively, over the last two days. Working this pm then driving to East Mids ready to take mum to an appointment tomorrow morning. Hope the weather does not interfere.

Races must be rather uncertain at the moment and I find that when it is this cold it is difficult to race at one's best, never mind the conditions underfoot.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    little bit chilly here but still no ice on the roads/pavements, although tomorrow is destined to be worse..
    what - 5 or 6 tempo
    why - what i can squeeze in lunchtime. Off to a gig tonight, New Orders first two albums performed by former bassist Peter Hook (& his new band The Light).
    last rest - almost 5 weeks
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - I think I should

• Still blues skies and no snow here image

What: Hopefully run with JS group this evening
    Why: depends on Matty being quiet and practice work being completed
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday

• Blisters/LMH did a 15K in Forest of Dean in 2011 and it was similar conditions to now. 3 laps and the water in the cups were was frozen over. Ice with your drink sir? Had icicles in my hair and on my eyebrows and I wasn't hanging about. Good fun but would not fancy any more than a half in current climate. Got Not the Riiman 9 if it's not cancelled and if I can get to it. With AH, won't be racing at its best and in my case will definitely run to survive!
    Lyrics: Not today
    What: Some form of shorter run
    Why: Spin tonight and memories of ast week.
    Last Hard: Yesterdays sesh
    Last Rest: Last Saturday
    Have a good/safe day out there today.

• 5+ miles at a very easy pace. Testing out clothing levels and the first wear of the new yellow and black kit. I was also trying to get a feel for what my target starting pace should feel like, it's a long time since I've raced a decent distance. Anyway, average was 7:48 m/m, which is as close to the money as would satisfy me. I keep telling myself that it's not the starting 6 miles that matter, it's having the same pace in the final 6 miles.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

4 miles including 8 x 1 min fast with 1min recovery.  Good session.

Otherhalf - good book for your next kindle read - 13th Doorway by some random guy..... image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening

What:rest
    Why: don't want to overdo it after yesterday's long run
    Lyrics: nope

Off to pack for a weekend of skiing.  Apparently it's -9C at the slopes and the "feels like" temperature is -19C...it did reach -1C (high) today image

Have a good one all.

• Evening

I never managed on earlier

Yesterdays lyrics: The Thin Wall by Ultravox.

• Evening

What almost 8 with hills
    Why Thursdays = hills
    Lyrics No

Blisters, I do recall that Gloucester was distinctly chilly at this time a few years ago.Was it you that recce'd the course when snow and ice threatened? Reckon you're getting into the zone now.

Was very cold when I woke this morning so rolled over and went back to sleep.
    Fortunately I still had yesterdays kit in my work bag, so with an early finish at work and an after school club for PP's 3 & 4, I picked up my runners on the way back to the office. 7.7 miles later with 3 uphills I got home with enough time for a shower before picking up the kids. Result!!

• Well missed JS group (just) but did 4 windy cool miles by myself.

Enjoy the skiing Emzap

Good running donaldo and Blisters

I'll check 13th Doorway out donaldoimage
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Waiting to see if Stiubbington 10k is going ahead at the weekend.....

Snow is falling here, so just got out in time..... a hard session at threshold pace for the intervals... 15 mins warm up (1.87m) 5 x 5 mins of 90 secs rec, .75m, .78m, .78m, .80m, .78m and 15 mins cool down (1.91m) 8.44m in total

Take care

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

snow already?  We are not expecting any up here until tomorrow night at the earliest!  Enjoy! image

• "Written with readers aged 9-16 in mind ..."
    You've sussed my intellectual age too well donaldo!image

• Evening all. Club training of 7 miles with 8 x 1 min and 4 x 2 min efforts, snow made it hard and still recovering from Egmond Half this weekend gone. No to the lyrics. Hope everyone is well!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

otherhalf - lol, we are all young at heart!

sevendaughters, good session!