Friday 18th January 2013

Morning!

Lyrics are: ain't no big thing to wait for the bell to ring

Suspect this is not what Armstrong will have confessed to.

What: white stuff permitting (and there is already a couple of inches here in the East Midlands) quite a lot of driving, taking mum 25 miles to an appointment then back to the northwest

Donaldo: I enjoyed the book so not sure what that says about me!

LMH: Knavesmire Harriers website doesn't look very promising I'm afraid
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

What:4.5m Steady

Cold again up here, mind you it is January

Catch up time.

Lyrics: Nope.

• Just finished work. Long weekend ahead here so looking forward to a long run on Sunday followed by a lazy Monday to recover.

2 good days of training

what: Thurs 70mins easy, Fri 55mins easy

why: getting the miles in, and what I could fit in at lunchtime.

Can't bear to watch the whole Lance thing.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Slide by Dido.

We haven't had as much snow overnight as they predicted but we're forecast it all day today - and for the next three or four.

Nice to see you back 7d.

Stay safe Alehouse.

What:                     30 minutes easy, weather permitting
    Why:                       long day at work
    Last hard:               tapering knowing it may be for nothing
    Last rest:                15/1

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    none of the white stuff either at home or in London, although its expected later. In fact thought it was quite mild this morning
    what - summat easy
    why - knackered
    last hard - Tuesday
    last rest - December

lyric - not sure

enjoy those crunchies everyone

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning everyone

What: 9km "progressive" run
    Why: trying to speed things up a little
    Last hard: keeping the pace in the snow, was hand work!

Enjoy the long weekend M.
    Hope none of you are affected too badly by the snow.
    Happy crunchie (or chocolate of choice!).

Have a good weekend all.

• Good morning from snow covered Wales. 6" outside our apartments, not a car in the car park, leisure centre threatening to shut at 12 so need to get round and on the dreadmil (Or does running in snow counts as soft miles). White stuff powdering down consistently tho! I told our staff that we would be closed today in anticipation. Just as well as nothing is open (Including the roads) up in the valley where we are located!
    Lyrics: Tres amusant AH. Absolutely. What do you think of the rework?
    What: Ever I can
    Why: Weather dependent
    Last Hard: Last nights spin (Couldn't run at all afterwards!)
    Last Rest: Last Saturday.
    Have a good/safe day all and don't forget the stretch!

• Thanks LMH! Just been a busy couple of months, here and there, still running though. What are you tapering for?

Don't think I'll be running today, heavy snow and planned a rest.

Take it easy on those roads and hills today, everyone.

Lyrics: yes

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I have a feeling today could be a rest day...no chance of running at work, and at home its apparently been snowing non stop since about 7am. Probably too icy to risk it after dark tonight when (if?) I get home...

• I've been tapering for Brass Monkey 7d but even if it's still on I'm not sure we'll be able to get there very easily or safely. Will see what tomorrow brings but we have about 4" of snow here and it's still coming down.

Sounds as though you have it worse SC!

Well run in the snow emzap.

• It's annoying when things get cancelled but I'd imagine even more so when you're in the half-mara and beyond territory, never had anything more than a 5k get pulled, and with plenty warning. Hope you get to have a run!

• Afternoon

What 8 commute @ mpish
    Why Clothes at work
    Lyrics No

Left all my work clothes at work yesterday as I ran home. Glad to get the run in early as I'm not sure if I'll get out before Monday. Been snowing here ever since 9 am which made work challenging but achievable.

Figers crossed for weekend racers, alot can change between now and Sunday.

• Glos marathon cancelled.
    I drove round the course on the way home from work. I wouldn't like to take responsibility for 500 runners tackling this in racing mentality.

/members/images/26252/Gallery/IMG00091-20130118-1510-2_1.jpg

• Good tune.

Had planned a 10 miler as working 12 hour shifts at weekend. Wimped out cos of the white stuff.

• Shame Blisters - but guess there isn't anything else they can do. Apparently conditions in York aren't too bad but the roads between here and there are not good. Mark is saying that unless there's a marked improvement overnight he's not prepared to risk the drive. It was supposed to be my pre-VLM attempt at a half marathon PB but what are he chances of that in the cold anyway? Though I have run some good times in some bad conditions at Brass before - including a PB last year with winds gusting up to 60mph. Given the chance I'd go and have a try but the sooner I make the decision not to the sooner VLM training can recommence having tapered for two weeks.

• At least we can each go for a decent bike ride in the garage without fear of mullering the legs.

AND I don't need to be paranoid about what I'm eating and drinking this weekend.

• Evening!

Back from mum's...LMH, it took 4 hours for a journey that is usually under 2...once I hit the north-west there was no snow, but took well over two hours down the A50 to Stoke.

Blisters:  enjoy the beer/wine or whatever this weekend! Did you really want to run 26 miles on Sunday?!

Hi JohnC!

Good to see you on here again, 7D.

Re Armstrong, I watched my friend and QofP on "Daybreak" this morning, and thought she did a pretty good job...

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/hottopics/lance-armstrong-emma-oreilly/

for anyone who wants to watch it. Lots more to come out!

OH: off to an alehouse in HM soonish!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks Alehouse. Broke 90 at Egmond over the weekend!

• Well done, 7D...I think there's lots more to come off that yet! Are you parkrunning tomorrow? I'm probably going to give this week a miss...may be helping at a schools' champs, assuming its on. Then Sunday should be Four Villages half (watching)...assuming its on!

• I'll make my decision tomorrow, I think, based on the skies and any cancellations made overnight. Something local too, Worsley probably.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

alehouse - it means you have good taste!image

Bit of a story today - I am on call at work all weekend so need to be able to respond to any emergency at school within 5 mins.  Just after work this evening, thought I would risk a 5 miler -given that I have never been called out before 6 pm I thought I'd be fine.  1.5 miles in, the phone rings - great!! image  I had my wife ready to come and get me in such a circumstance - so I bolted back towards school and made it to 2 miles ran before the car arrived.  I was back in school within 5 mins of the call so it was all okay!!  Bit of a pain right enough.

10 miles this Sunday will be interesting....... image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

5 mins is a tight call.........

5.5m on the treadmill tonight at the gym... safer than the snow, but did have a snowball fight with the family....

• Curious to know what calls the deputy back in to an empty school at a weekend within 5 minutes (not asking for answers here).

That's a tighter call in than my on call for maternity! (No official fixed response time but I will run with mobile and pager around town  if no one in labour)

• Oh: Not all schools are empty at the weekend!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Boarding school, plenty happening all weekend! image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Tonight, a girl needed to be taken for an emergency doctors appointment.  All ended well, thankfully!

• Having two teenage daughters, that sounds like a major league winkie,