Saturday 19th January 2012

Morning...just!

Lyrics: One pill makes you larger, And one pill makes you small

Yesterday's lyrics were "Love is the drug", Roxy Music. Today's obviosuly have a similar theme!

What: a repeat of last Tuesday's 15 minutes would be nice, preferably off road in bright sunshine (not sure which of those 3 bits will happen!)
Why: fun?!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    And the one your mother gives you

Doesn't do anything at all

Go ask Alice,

When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits

Then you know you're gonna fall.......

This is just the best rock song ever written in the whole history of the world!

Lyrics - yes
  • Tom:  there are others, but this is certainly up there. I'm sure Armstrong would agree!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Ale - -possibly, but if you're into drug induced masterpieces try "Mr Tambourine Man" (Dylan/Byrds, "Mightly Quinn" (Dylan/Others) and "I had too much to dream last night"(Electric Prunes), "Eight Mile High" (Byrds) and "Expecting to Fly" (Buffalo Springfield).
  • I seriously have no idea on any of the recent lyrics! 

sorry to hear of the race cancellations and likely cancellations.  stay safe out there.

what: 30min bike ride down to the river trails and back (on the mountain bike), then 40min run on the beach
    why: biking with the kids, easy run to finish 

• Apologies...it is 2013 I believe!
  • Morning all. Skipped parkrun, have no idea what was cancelled, I shall consider going for a trudge at lunchtime to make up for it.

Alehouse's tentative recoveries make excited, but it's too early for drug-induced rock masterpieces.

Lyrics: no

• That's bizarre Alehouse - didn't see your thread when I started mine and I put 2012 too. Hope you get out for your run, no sun here but little wind and minimal snow too.

M - I'm not jealous at all, no, not one bit!

How's it going Tom?

Well, no snow overnight and only light snow forecast for today so Mark has decided that we should be ok to travel - as long as Knavesmire don't cancel the race now (but reports from York are that conditions are ok).

What:                      nothing
    Why:                       taper - racing tomorrow
    Last hard:               watching the weather
    Last rest:                15/1

Lyrics - familiar.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

5 miles xc this morning, staying close to the school grounds! lol image

lyrics - nope!

• Went out for 8.5m trudge up hill and down dale, pretty slow and steady, go and do it again tomorrow if the weather is comparable - pleasant, if trecherous in places.

• A'noon.

What: An easy run earlier,

Snow not long started up here

Lyrics: Nope.

ale: I never even noticed you'd put 2012 either.

• http://www.ardbruach.org.uk/Greenock%20Glenpark%20Harriers.htm

Donaldo: Thought this article above, in this Scottish athletics history site might interest you.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Very interesting birks - love the pic of Tommy as well - what a character he was! image

• donaldo: Glad you like it. Tommy was certainly a character and in a good wayimage

• LMH:  hope you have heard...Brass Monkey is off! No surprise really. Must have been a tough call for the organisers. Hope you are not too disappointed.

• No snow of note for us yet again - just a bit of dusting on the verges

What: 18 miles D&D with Elspeth including the track up Marwick head which was a bit icy. 3°C and a bit of wind as usual
    Why: needed a LST as time moving on towards the 10 March (Loch Katrine)
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: yesterday

Ironic that the Brass Monkey gets cancelled due to a cold snap image

• Tomorrow's race cancelled. Lots of snow so understandable.
    Lyrics: No
    What 5k dreadmill
    Why: No race tomorrow and short oftime today
    Last Hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Yesterday coz I failed to get out image

Stay safe all

• I had thanks Alehouse - just in time to get out for an hour in superfurrywarm tights and trail shoes. Shame, first time it's ever been cancelled I think and no time to race another half before VLM now as I need a two week taper to be in with a chance of a PB. Such is life.

• 45 mins on the turbo in the garage. Although I did start off with several layers and peeled them off one at a time, I still didn't manage to get a sweat on. Probably not trying hard enough.
    Shame about all the race cancellations, but hey, that's the risk.

• I envy you Blisters - even in minus temperatures with freezing hands and feet I can only ever turbo in shorts and t-shirts and get soaked through then!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - 13m LSR with a parkrun in the middle at 23:30 (in the snow)....
    Why - Racing tomorrow (stil going ahead after road inspection today) Stubbington Green 10K
    Last Hard - Thurs
    Last Rest - Weds

Take care

• Sorry to hear about Brass Monkey LMH image

• The half that I was going to watch tomorrow, Helsby Four Villages, is also off, and judging by the photos it is not a surprise:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/runhelsby

Actually there has hardly been any snow, but was there is has turned to quite treacherous ice. Struggled on my run today and it was little faster than walking due to the underfoot conditions. Whilst on the road you wouldn't have known it! Another 15 minutes booked, so have to be pleased with that. (And talking of perspiration, don't think I have had any for over a year!)