Fat Forefoot striker needs help

2»

Comments

• I found the Merrell shoes too narrow...

Ian M Lakeland 50 is fully booked for 2013, but I believe there's a waiting list you can go on, as there will be people dropping out due to injury. I'd work up to it if I were you - I did a 50K, then a marathon (yes, 50K first to get the distance before worrying about speed) then a 30 miler, then NDW 50, and I intend to have done three more 50-milers before I get to Lakeland 50.

• Sarah jarman 5 wrote (see)

I have measured my feet width at 255mm

I can't get my head around this, is that per foot?!? Are you in the guiness book of records? I would've thought you get some special deal from shoe companies for having the widest feet in the world?!

• Are you thinking in cm Lardarse?? its not actually that much, seeing as though I fit my feet comfortably into normal lady shoes, I think youre talking out of your arse! image

Ok its actually 250...

/members/images/755065/Gallery/photo.JPG

Am I THAT deformed??

• I actually made a joke and wrote (lard)arse, but it didnt show for some reason!!

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I can see why he was confused

250 is the circumference not the width.
  • Ahhhh ok, I see! I was just going with what the site I used said... They said measure the width of your feet by doing 'this'... So I did! image
  • I can run like the wind... I love running, its fun, its free, Id never give it up! If the gym allowed it  If stones, glass, mud and rubble didnt exist I'd run barefoot... Unfortunatley we have been accustomed and are now expected to wear shoes. I just cant find any that dont hurt my feet, thats all! 

Had lots of great help though from here, thanks everyone!

• Sarah, I to have extremely wide feet, so much so that the shape of my feet are more like rectangles than the kind of tradiontional bacon shaped type foot shape (if that makes sense).  I bet like me, having wide feet means you run on your forefoot, meaning heavy trainers are waisted on you? I've tried asics and new balance, but wide fits are extremly hard to find, until I discovered a revalation in running - Skechers.  Yes I know they are not a brand you don't associate with running, but with their shoes I don't get blisters, I don't get balck toenails (problems nb and asics caused me) and I run hard every day.

Read reviews online for the Skechers go run ride and the Skechers go-bionic (RW Editors choice in October).  Everyone who tests them loves them, even they don't want to - its called brand snoberey I'm afraid.  Fact is now, all my pb's have been run in skechers shoes, and seemingly everyone who test's them, adopts them.  Wide toe box is one of their trademarksimage  I got so depserate for my friend Sarah (great running name that) to try them, I actually bought her and made her try them, now my club has two people that get laughed at for wearing their shoes!!  

• I have an interesting mix of skinny little heels / midfoot and wide, splayed forefoot, perhaps the best fitting shoe I have is the New Balance MT110, I also have the New Balance MT1010's and find these to be too wide in the forefoot, very unusal for me.

• Sarah jarman 5 wrote (see)

Are you thinking in cm Lardarse?? its not actually that much, seeing as though I fit my feet comfortably into normal lady shoes, I think youre talking out of your arse! image

Ok its actually 250...

Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    I can see why he was confused

250 is the circumference not the width.

thank you millsy, but I wasn't confused about anything. I took what she wrote at face value. My failure was to not realise that there are actually adults capable of typing and posting on a forum who don't know the difference between width and circumference. So yes, my sincerest apologies Sarah for giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not in fact a comlpete retard.

• I'm another skechers fan!!

I have the gorun ride, gorun and gorun 2

The gorun ride and gorun ultra are the same just a different upper. They are the same weight as my fast twitches so are light but not minimal. They have something in them to encourage a forefoot landing. I find them very comfortable and they feel they have more cushioning than my fast twitches even though they are the same weight.

The gorun2 is the newer version of the gorun. I like the gorun 2 better, they feel more normal as the technology which helps you forefoot strike means the shoe is not flat you get a bit of a rocker effect so standing around in them they feel odd to begin with. There are a Few other tweaks which I think makes the gorun2 better.

The gorun are lighter by quite a lot and have given me calf ache getting used to them. I am still trying to bed them in gradually. I am a heel striker so suppose it will take longer. I really love the gorun 2 though they are very comfy and they seem to help me land forefoot more than the gorun ride.

I have done ultras in the gorun ride but so far only short distances with the goruns