Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Yes poor by eck and moo, she text this a.m asking what to do about his milk and getting some down him image i could only suggest mixong it into meals or the other last option a nasal tube feed in hospitalimage

hoping moo perking up and hugs for by eck ((((((((((((((((((hug ))))))))))))))) you are a fab mum

• oh no, poor moo and by eck, send her my love when you hear from her. 

new car sounds nice franny

• We have a night's reprieve. We go back tomorrow for an urgent review with the paediatrician and dietician. Expectation is he will be admitted. The consultant is very concerned about his weight loss.

So tonight we pack properly for tomorrow
  • aw by eck thoughts are with you all (((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))

• (((((((((hugs))))))))) from me by eck, hope he starts improving soon

• Hugs from us too. And prayers for you all.

Schools are cancelled tomorrow. I did a little bit of sledging and want to be brave enough to run but it seems so deep in some places and slippery in others. I am goign to the gym with a friend tomorrow eve. First time in years! image So will use bike there. Well done AF and Jude on your runs.

So much cooking and cleaning. Guests are staying until Tues but are going into London tomorrow so I won't have to cater for them too.

• Morning all!

Thinking of you all, By'eck. Hope Moo is improving.

Have a good day everybody.

x

• Morning image

by 'eck so sorry to hear your little one still not well; I hope you get some answers soon.

Chili, I know what you mean - I just had two sets of house guests one after another, and although it's lovely to see them it does generate mountains of laundry and cleaning.

I've started sorting out all my stuff house ready for  movers next week, then have to live out of suitcases for a while because my place in London isn't vacant until end of March.

Joined in the club pre-marathon run last night, did a comfortable 12k at marathon pace.  Foot feels ok but I'm carrying on with the ice and exercises regime.  No more running - or cake - until Friday morning 07h00!

Lx

• morning louise,image

by eck how are things this morning?image

• Morning

Morning Loula

Morning Louise and well done on your run.

By Eck, thinking of you today and praying that Moo gets sorted out.

Well a snow day for me today as the kids are off. I am going to my elderly lady as she will be on here own as her Daughters will struggle to get to her in the snow. I think it's going to stop for a bit now and move oop North. I was supposed to be travelling up there for a meeting this week but I have decided not to risk it.image

• morning all

snow day for me, and for my little one, but eldest has set off in the snow for his school. Silly sod refuses to wear a coat or gloves or anything!

by eck - hope moo starts getting better

• Morning

Byck - hope you have a better day.

Snow day here too so all schools closed. But we can get out and I'm heading to tesco with a list for me and for several of the elderly folk in our church.

Going to the gym this eve image

• Ello image Nice snowy run to work this morning! Took it easy cause I hurt my knee last week, arrived at work in one piece. Thought i'd not take the road bike out image

Hope everyone is well image Got some caramel shortbread going spare if anyone wants some?

• hi Tom, yummy caramel shortbread!

off to the dr in a bit and got a physio appointment tomorrow, just hope the roads aren't too bad in the morning

• mc, i know that fight in thre morning to get them to wear even a coat never mind, gloves, hat or goodness me- a scarf!!!!!! lol

• Right, well. Discovered thus morning that his own dietician wasn't in until Wednesday but the other dietician was around. So we traipsed over to the hospital, spot to the on call dietician who agreed we had a problem. Waited 3 hours and saw the consultant we saw yesterday hwho apologised for the wait, and the fact that issy, the dietician, wasn't in. Because neither his own dietician or paediatrician are around, they are not happy coming up with a plan. When issy is back on Wednesday they will make sure she knows that wenneed something to happen and fast. We are to feed him jelly to help boost his fluid kevels. I am very very frustrated
  • by eck that is so frustrating.

I have been to the GP who is referring me to orthopaedics. Physio tomorrow

• byeck-How frustrating. I really do think you are a mum in a million.Hope Moo has some jelly.

Tom-That does indeed sound yummy.

• and now I have just been incredibkly offended by someone I thought was a friend posting a stupid comment about 'work shy lazy teachers' on facebook. The thread on here I could cope with, although it annoyed me as it is people I don't actually know, but someone I know and knows how hard teachers work posting something so rubbish!! Think I will be unfriending her!!

Jude - only a couple of days left then you get a well earned break! Bet you are ready for it

• Hellooooooo

Tom I dont suppose there is any Caramel shortbread left. Im a bit peckish after a day of walking in the snow.

Chilli,you are soo good and do so much for everyone

By Eck, you must be soooooo angry right now ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and you are such a brilliant Mum,your kids are just amazing.

Loula we have the same battle as its not cool to be wrapped up.

Mathschick, I can imagine you must be really upset by that. The sad thing is that sometimes people just dont think before they post on FB. I take it this is because the schools were closed today.

• ecky - her kids' schools were open today so I have no idea why she felt the need to post such rubbish! I am so angry it is unbelievable. What is ironic is that the same person was thinking of going into teaching a few years ago and came and spent a day in my school in the science department, but decided against it because of the amount of hours that teachers actually work!

anyway, rant over, I need to get over it and move on

good news is knee is feeling like it is clearing up, still going to physio tomorrow, and hopefully will get to see the orthopaedic person fairly soon. Apparently there is someone that comes and does an initial assessment at my surgery and the next time he is there is in Feb, but the dr didn't know if there were appontments free. The ortho would then decide whether you need a scan etc. Going to stay off work tomorrow and hopefully with the physio and extra rest I should be fine to be back on Weds

• Hi there!

By'eck - so sorry you were messed around at the hospital.  It must be very frustrating. Thinking of you......and hope Moo is eating his jelly.

MC - Absolute rubbish! That would have really annoyed me too. Don't credit it with any more thought.

Ecky - hope your old lady was OK.

Chili - enjoy the gym!

Hi everybody else!

4 days left. Busy writing reports etc.  (Reports are always given on the last day of term here.)

Take care all! xx

• That's it Mathschick, rise above it. Fingers crossed that your knee gets better very soon.

Hi Jude, she wasn't too bad today but is recovering from a nasty cold. Its difficult as she is stuck in because of the weather.

• morning all

the offender sent me a text in the middle of the night apologising for her postimage

off to the physio soon, hope the roads aren't too bad!

• mmmmmmmmoornuinggggggggggggggimage

icy roads today so be careful running friends image

by eck i do sincerely hope you have improvements with moo today AND make time for yourself even if its just to sit down with a cup of tea and a slice of cake

• Morning image

By'eck...I hope you get the results you want tomorrow and that the medics listen to you and come up with the correct treatment...be strong and push for it as in my experience it os the best way forward for you and Moo. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((  ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mathschick...thats good you are getting a referal to the Orthopaedic dept..hopefully they can shed light on your problem.

Louise...well done ob your run...and good luck with your move...don't envy you having to live out of a suitcase.

Jude..good luck with the report writing and then holidayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hi Loula sis.............did you get onok at CAB yesterday...any luck with your househunting?

Hi AF,Ecky,Chilli,Tom,Matt,Rocker and all ...have a good day.

Just went to gym today............snowing again and very icy but the roads are fine.

• MC-Hope your knee gets sorted out. Sorry about your frirnf posting silly comments. 

byeck-Hope things are ok for Moo and you. Fingers crossed.  

Jude-Good luck with your report.What have you planned for the holidays.   

Franny-Well done on your gym session.

Roads are fine down here and went for a 11.2 mile run this morning along my usual route. Icy in paces so had to be carefull. Pleased to get some muiles under my belt and will be aiming for 13 next tuesday and 15 the week after. Marathon training is hard!!

• gosh the roads where I live are awful, don't think they have seen a gritter for ages they are so dangerous. 

physio reckons part of my problem is my running form so I have booked in next week with someone who works at the same practice to have a running assessment. Should be interesting

• I'm just coming out of a real sod of a virus that I picked up over the weekend courtesy of my nephew, so no running for a few days: I want to get it completely out of my system.  Besides which, the roads around here are still far too icy.

It's reached the stage now where coughing goes straight up into my head, making it feel as though it wants to explode.  Lovely.

• Aw Road runner...hope you feel better soon.....kids love to share these things LOL

MC...yes should be interesting what they say to you next week..Now what does a running assessment involve???