What do you listen to whilst running?

2»

Comments

• Pod on shuffle, but varied range, including NIN, AC/DC, 70's disco anthems (!), Seasick Steve, Placebo, Hole, Joy Division, Neil Young  , anything but (c)rap !

• Marathon Talk and IMTalk (New Zealand) are always good podcasts for a bit of company on a run. You can tune in and out as it suits, they come out every week, produced to a high standard and provide knowledge and entertainment in equal measures (and they are free).
  • Tried podcasts. Can't do it. I run without headphones at night when I need to be acutely aware of cars etc., but during the day in the park I like music. Techno, hip hop and rock all work
  • Grendel3 wrote (see)

WIthin Tempatation, Nightwish, Delain, Ayreon and hopefully in the next week or so Fairyland.

Wow Grendel - I thought I was the only one who ran to symphonic metal! 

Nightwish got me through training for last year's VLM - I will be forever grateful image

• "In The House In A Heartbeat". Best Night time Running track ever. It's the piece featured heavily in the Film 28 Days Later and recently I heard it featured briefly in a Strongbow ad. Creepy and Atmospheric and cool.

I also have "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky on my Ipod for a laugh. Great for climbing a hill to!!

• Shall have to look that one up DB - er not the Rocky track I may add image

• I hate to admit there is a big hill that over looks the Town, I use it for training quite a lot, when nobody is around I have been known to get to the top, do a bit of Shadow Boxing, put my arms in the air like a true Champion and roar like a wounded Lion ala Rocky Balboa.

• I saw a Travel Channel programme about the Steps that Rocky runs up in Philadelphia. Apparently people go there to re-enact the scene. I wondered, looking at some of them, whether they had a crash team on permanent standby image 

• I think the steps are part of the Art Museum?!

I do listen to normal stuff as well, generally loud and Guitar lead stuff does the job. I'm not into "Club Music" - it's just annoying, or Hip Hop or R and B, it's normally just people moaning and groaning about their genitalia. Apart from that I'm easy.

• Demon Barber wrote (see)

I think the steps are part of the Art Museum?!

Yes I think you're right

Demon Barber wrote (see)

I'm not into "Club Music" - it's just annoying, or Hip Hop or R and B, it's normally just people moaning and groaning about their genitalia. 

LOL image

• I hate dance music, but I've found some of the ministry of sound mixes to be quite effective recently. Other than that I like to alternate between stuff that stays at a regular tempo and stuff that doesn't let me lock in with the pace (as I know during races I'm not going to hear it, so no point needing it). Recently I've listened to alot of Death Grips and a fair amount of post-rock, Yndi Halda's last album especially. Nice when it's night time I find.