Retford Half Marathon 2013

Not done this one before and looking to try some new ones this year. Anyone know it?

Comments

• Hi. I'm probably a little biased (as the race organiser this year) but yes, having run in it in previous years I'd say it's a great event, fairly flat course and a good atmosphere. It's usually fairly warm too. Lots of positive feedback from other runners in previous years too. We opened up online registration a few days ago and already have over 10% of places filled. Hope to see you there!. You should give the Worksop Half in October a go too if you've not run it already. Very scenic route. (The runners world online registration for the Retford half should be open in the next couple of days once they've sorted out the admin).
  • Thanks David. I've done Worksop 3 or 4 times and it is a great event!
  • Hi, yes this is part of ourour grand prix every year and I am glad. it's a great run, extremely well organised and a great venue for changing, food, showers and toilets . definitely recommend it, it's undulating but always a good course for a on.Get it booked!!!

• I did Retford last year and enjoyed it, PB'd as well. Very well organised, some inclines to make it interesting and quite scenic. I remember it being a fairly fast field too.

• Sounding good and training going well. Anyone know if there is anything nearby or convenient to keep my little uns busy for an hour or so!?
  • Hi. There's a fun run starting at 10.15am (ages 7-10 need to be accompanied by an adult). Or there's a fun factory type place (captain jacks) in the town centre if they're a bit younger or don't fancy the run.
  • Thanks for the swift reply David. My girls are 2 and 4. Eldest did a fun run for her 2nd birthday but maybe the fun factory option might be kinder!