Bournemouth parkrun anyone?

Could you complete our Active Dorset/Bournemouth Bournemouth Uni survey... We are looking into the possibility of starting a parkrun in Bournemouth, Dorset. We are currently distributing a survey so that members of the public can have their say with regards to the route etc. The survey is quick and easy and will take no longer than 3 minutes to complete! If you could complete the survey this it would be a fantastic help! 

Simply follow the link below (or copy and past into your web address bar) to complete the survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FMCQQCW

From one running enthusiast to another, massive thanks in advance. 

Calvin Charlton
BU Athletic Solutions  

Comments

• Thanks for the replies, your help is greatly appreciated! 

If anyone has any questions before completing the survey, then please do not hesitate to post them on this thread.

Thank you,

Calvin 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Why do we have to fill in personal details such as e mail address etc. I'd like to give my views as its reasonably local to me.
  • Thank you for your response, i'll run through the why the personal details are on their:

Age & Employment - Allows active dorset to build a profile of the target audience

Postcode - Will merely be used to determine which route is closest to respondents as ideally we would like the route to be as local, to as many people, as possible. 

Email - Allows Active Dorset to contact you with details regarding the start of the running initiative, you will not receive any sort of spam or junk mail. 

Non of the details will be used for any other reason than possibly contacting you with an invitation or details of the first event. Hope this helps, any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Calvin

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Good luck with it.
  • Hope you found the rest of the survey quick and simple.

Thank you for your support , much appreciated.

• Massive thank you to all those that have currently completed the survey!

Need plenty more though to get the funding.

Keep them coming! image

• I was just wondering is there a genuine possibility of a run taking place?  Or is it part of your university course? As i know there is a parkrun already taking place in poole.

• So which park are you thinking of Meyrick? Kings ?

• Rob Parrott wrote (see)

I was just wondering is there a genuine possibility of a run taking place?  Or is it part of your university course? As i know there is a parkrun already taking place in poole.

Yes, the possibility of the initiative starting is around 90%, as long as we get enough respondents who are interested, then we can justify to the council the need for the initiative and get the funding.

This is not part of our university course, this is an extra project with Active Dorset. We are a group of 4 students conducting the feasibility study on behalf of Active Dorset.

You are correct there is currently a Poole parkrun, and they have been very supportive of the idea of a neighbouring parkrun. We have been down to their fantastic events to gain a feel of how parkrun should be run and the critical considerations.

Thanks, Calvin