Paramo Velez Smock

looked at one of these yesterday and noticed its branded as an adventure racing smock including for running. I like the fit and feel but think i may get a little hot running in one unless its totally baltic - does anyone use these - thoughts?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

It's great piece of kit though for walking and running when its cold, but yes it will be warm for running in "normal" temperatures. I reckon it adds up to be about the same as a thin fleece under a waterproof (though much more breathable than any normal waterproof). It does have full length vents up the side though, so you can get good airflow.

• cheers mr bus - i'm thinking of giving it a try as i do a bit of fell walking also, not the cheapest like but theres a few bargains to be had here and there.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Worth the money - Paramo kit lasts for ever, and is infinitely re-proofable. I want to replace my Alta jacket as I bought it 16 years ago when I was two stone heavier so it's a bit big! Trouble is, it works as well as it ever did, so I can't bring myself to spend all that money on a new one!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I love paramo kit.image mainly use  trekking, but I have run in the smock, its v good at regulating temp. I just wear a thin icebreaker vest under it, I find it much more comfortable than a fleece and waterproof.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

oh, by the way, I have the light velez smock, there is a heavier one. It was perfect for running in the snow this afternoon.

• I've got the heavier (standard?) version, and it's great in really cold weather, or ridiculous gales. Can get a little warm if you run hard, or if the temperature is much warmer, but it's been a blessing the last week. Would imagine the light version might be better for more regular use?

The heavier version came up trumps in the gale on Sunday night - barely felt a thing, had the hood all done up with a cap underneath (wear specs, so need to keep water out my eyes). Front pocket comes in handy, too. Would deffo use it up on the hills too.

The Bus - same problem for me, I was 3st heavier when I got my smock, and was worried it might flap about a bit - turns out to be fine, no bother, just cinch up the waist.

• Old thread I know, but just treated myself to the light velez adventure smock image