Thursday 24th January 2013

You're so young and you know so much

After saying that I wasn't tired yesterday I woke up this morning feeling exhausted.  So yes I guess there is some fatigue there.  I am used to the mileage though, and to managing its effects.  Anyway - my answer on the half marathon was made for me today when I found out that work have entered a team and are putting on finish line drinks. So I guess I'll be running even if its only a training run.  Actually one of the other managers thinks he'll run about 1.35 so maybe I should make that a revised "target" and try not to be too upset by it.

I haven't run yet today but am considering something short and easy tonight. My partner is currently out with his 8 year old for a ~20min run so will see how I feel when they get back.

Hope the calf feels better soon Blisters

chickadeee they'd probably lap me if I tried 800m or longer. will stick to 100/200 I think! annoying about the credit card...

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads.

Blisters - I did indeed. It's nice to know that you can confidently swim the distance. Don't get caught up at the start and go off to fast and you'll find that you're catching people in the second half rather than slowing.

Glad you're ok birks.

Have an easy day or two M.

What:                    a run, condition dependent
    Why:                     VLM
    Last hard:              Last year
    Last rest:               15/1

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning (I hope I have spelt that properly)!

What: 15 to 20 mins this evening
    Why: cautious return to running

Saw QofP yesterday and she is pleased with progress. More stretching needed though!

Off to earn a few more pennies.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    another thin layer of white stuff at home. London clear fortunately.
    Funnily enough I got an e-mail from Western Union this morning, asking me to click the link to update my details...mind you I get at least one of these a day....
    what - club steady run perhaps, or a track run if eldest's hockey training goes ahead (I'll have 90 mins to kill)
    why - Thursday
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - yesterdays tempo took it out of me a bit (7m/miling)
    lyric - possibly

Good news is that the Southern XC have been rearranged for Feb 16. The bad news..its the day before my next target race (10miler)......will have to decide on which one to go for, which one to 'run'...

• what: 7k very easy
    why: recovering. not sure what from. 

• Morning

What:45mins brisk walkwith 2 Black labsimage They were running about daftimage

Why: Dog sitting for  a week

Off work today

Yesterdays lyrics were good LMH

Todays: Not sure.

Back later

• Fish that was hard work - 10 miles run on the compacted snow and ice, felt harder than Monday's run on the fresh stuff by a long way. Motivated myself to keep going with the promise of a rest day if I managed the 10. Taking ages to defrost!

• Thats 3 walks for each dog so far today !

• Grace wants to know if she can come and stay too birks image

• LMH: Right how am I to be diplomatic about this reply...image

• Afternoon. Just finished digging out a delivery vehicle. Transport company sent an automatic onto a snow packed route...Doh!
    Off for echocardiogram/ph later so I'll let you know if I've actually got a heart laterimage
    Lyrics: Yep
    What: Spin tonight and I hope a gentle dreadmill if legs survive
    Why: It's Thursday
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: Last friday

• What: JS group after work
    Why: Thursday
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday

Snow still lying here but no fresh stuff

S____T_____R______E_______T______C______H

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Had a well-earned rest yesterday but back at it today!

Did 4 miles including 6 x 90s fast, 90s slow - found it quite tough especially as some of it was in the snow.  Covered about 0.25 miles each rep which was fine.  image

• Some icy pavements, so chose the studdies again. Now I know where the calf tightness has come from. 6.6 miles done at a slow pace to avoid damage. Calf started to get tight from mile 2. It seemed ok before and it's not too bad now. This seems like a swimming opportunity to me.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Bugger

Sorry evening just  made did a decent length post mouse on lap top cllicked a link and i lost my post image

Ok. Firstly sorry  been awol again hopefully back on road now

What: 6.38 miles (20 x 350m/50m walk) plus 1.41 mile home
    Why: return to fitness van aaken style
    Last Hard: Whats that?
    Lyrics I have no idea

Also today entered the Mount Hastings Half Marathon

Like most films this sequel post notas good as the original

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello Pammie  good to see you again

What: 9 km.  Planned a 10 km with the club, but they were running completely off road on really slippy paths.  At 5km, my calf just gave up.  I opted to run home on slightly less slippery pavements (though wherever is was slippery I walked to stop more calf pain).
    Why: see above
    Last hard: deciding to give up the club run!
    OH tempted by those screw shoes now!
    LMH Hope you are defrosted.  I find a hot bath is the only way I can ever warm up.
    Blisters do you think it's the icy conditions causng your calf pain?

Have a good one all.

• 6 miles on pavements partially covered in a thin layer of compacted snow. No further snow but remaining cold. At least the wind has dropped.
  • V.hard spin and sedentary warm down run...shattered...might need a rest tomorrow. Freezing fog tonight, hope it clears by morning!

• alehouse - things are looking good.

What: Wednesday - 9km with mates, one had just done 70.3 Auckland half ironman, so easy run.

Thursday - no run, went to Waiheke - and island in Auckland's Waitemata harbour where my sister lives, with daughter and gdaughters, very hot, lots of swimming, and kayaking - no kayaking by me though. I  got the job  of helping get the kayaks out and putting them away again! My feet on the stones were softer than I thought! Very tired when I got home.

• Evening!
    Quiet, calm, ice free evening here in the north-west: no sign of snow or ice, again.  3k run in 20:37. Very gentle but still hard work. If I knock 11;54 off I'll break my pb! Pleased with the run though: its not many weeks ago I couldn't walk half a k, so continue to head in the right direction. Really glad I can go out and do something!

Hope the calf strugglers recover soon, and hope that it is the surfaces that are causing the problems.

Good to see you Pammie! Its the LFOM tomorrow! It will be a while before I do one.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dustin - which 10m are you planning is it Bramley? (I shall be doig the 20 option) But have asked If Ican now enter the SEAA XC as originally could not make the date as doing my coaching assistant award this weekend.....

Nice run Ale

interesting one for me tonight - Complete and funny stack on warm up tonight and got plastered in mud.... ran over a snow bank (grass underneath) snow runs out on bank to reveal a mud bank and had no grip and hit it like black ice and went flying 5m or so down the rest of the bank on my back then front...... glad no one was watching..... no damage as a good soft landing......managed to avoid falling over in the smow and ice over the last week.... typical me.... Thankfully all clean now after a nice hot bath.....

Anyway a good session done - 15 mins easy (1.93m) 3 x 8 mins (1.25m / 1.26m / 1.27m) of 90 sec rec 15 min easy (1.90m) done in 58:30 and 8.14m covered.

Take care all

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Not having much luck posting here tonight image

Alehouse  yes it i  forgot to enter this month hopefully next month. Looks like you are progressing, may it well continue