How many pairs of runnin shoes do you own

2»

Comments

• this is a seriously fascinating thread

• I currently have four pairs.

1.Nike Shox Turbo + 12. Shox are my trainer of choice. Only downside is the heel wears out very quickly compared to other trainers. They are very comfortable though and make me run at my fastest. When I trained for my first ever race years ago I hadn't prepared for wear and tear and about two weeks before the race the heel started to degrade very quickly. Come race day I was worried that the heel would completely break off and I wouldn't finish the race (They held up...just)
    Still have them in my shoe closet as a reminder to always have a broken into back-up pair ready.

2. Nike LunarGlide+ 4 iD. My first pair of lunars (testing to see if Lunars are any good) not worn these very much, except the break them in slightly, as am saving them for when I retire my shoxs in March/April.

3. Nike Shox NZ+. Not in good enough condition to train in so I use these mostly at the gym.

4. Nike Free Run+. Lasted 600 miles so far and are in great condition. The big downside is that I run a lot slower in these so they're demoted to my short runs/ holiday trainers are these are light and flexible for packing.

• I don't dare count - in our storeroom I have an entire 6-ft long shelf piled with running shoes. OH is even worse - he has two shelves full!

• 1x Nike free runs (favourites at the moment)

1x Nike zoom structure +15 stability style shoes

1x Nike Lunarfly +3 trail running shoes

1x Adidas Hagio racing flats

1x Mizuno long distance running track spikes 

1x old New Balance pair used for school but even then only sometimes, very heavyh get clogged with mud incredibly easily!

So thats 6 pairs and I recently just threw two pairs old pairs that had had it away!

• I definitely need to get a couple more pairs now then! I currently have the following

1 x Kinvara 2 (nearing the end)

2 x Kinvara 3 (on offer so got 2 pairs)

1 x Brooks Pure Cadence

I want to some trail running so will add a pair of trail shoes soon and also New Balance Minimus roads shoes as well.

• Blimey, I'm very moderate compared to you lot!  I've got 5

2 Asics Gel Cumulus road shoes.  One newer pair for my day to day road runs, one ancient pair that I use for particularly muddy runs through Epping Forest.  

A cheapy pair of Karrimor trail shoes for slightly less muddy runs

A pair of very swanky Brooks Pure Drift minimal shoes that I got for free as a RW tester

A pair of cheap / crap but clean Asics shoes that I keep at work for using the dreadie- to avoid the wrath of the woman who runs works' gym and hates me for clogging up her machine with mud image

• Goodness I feel a bit inadequate as well....

I have two pairs of inov 8 road shoes - one wearing out and one newish pair,

One pair off road barefoot

One pair of semi off road barefoot.

That me done!

• 3 road cushioned

2 off road

2 light weight racers or short runs.

1 new kswiss - arrived today not checked them yet!

Plus old scrappy ones.....
  • 8 pairs I think, including a pair of racers and 3 pairs of spikes

• 1. But then I've been running less than a year and I have just ordered a pair of 'barefoot' shoes (in sale, free returns) to see if I like them.
  • To paraphrase the velominati, the correct number of trainers to own is N + 1, where N is the number of trainers you already own
  • reassuring threat. it confirms that with only four pairs (2xroad, 1xtrail, 1xXC spikes) I am seriously undershod!