Friday 25th January 2013

Lyrics:
Money talks
But it don't sing and dance
And it don't walk

Morning!
What: a decent walk
Why: Being careful not to do too much running, but trying to keep on top of my weight...and failing. Struggling to firt in various traousers, hence the lyrics...which I'm not, and won't be for a while, short of buying some new ones!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

looks like Alehouse won by a short hair..... as his was the 1st up....

Off to do my LSR in a bit, planned 15.75m route look good and cold out...

Take care

Dont know Ales Lyrics but do know LMH's ones....

• The best laid schemes o' mice and men Gang aft a-gley; And leave us naught but grief and pain For promised joy.

... as it is the 25 January

What: probably not a lot
    Why: Wet and windy again. Bring back the snow!
    First of 3 leaving dos for a colleague (there's a matty leaving do (Friday), a practice leaving do (Saturday)and a kayaking leaving do (Sunday) all forthe same bod!)
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Thursday

• Well, I know my lyrics, but not LMH's!
    OH:
    caught your haggis yet? Think you should have started the thread! No snow here...but have just heard its coming this afternoon.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all...
    welcome back Pammie!
    Like RFJ I know the other lyric, but not these. Yes, doing Bramley, day after the SEAA. Good luck on the course, where abouts are you doing it? I am trying to get on one locally, although Winchester one not until April, so may have to do Aylesbury or Salisbury.
    what - 6 miles steady along the river
    why - been a bad week for training, just shorter runs, curtailed by work, weather and kids activities and want to get some miles in.
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - hmmm
    have a super weekend, anyone racing?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all!!

lyrics yes

back from Peru, amazing holiday with the lovely family. back to skyping again and cleo just keeps kissing the screen - she loves her nanna england!

rfj go well on the lsr!

alehouse I am sure you will get back into them as soon as you can, hope all is ok with you

dustin I was racing but southerns at parly hill have been cancelled which I am not too upset about! WIll get in a long run tomorrow instead and see where my marathon training is at.  Enjoy your 6 steady

oh wow thats a lot of diifferent leaving do's!

Well as you can all imagine not a lot of running actually did happen in Peru, there was 4 miles in Lima along the coastline, 1.5 miles on a beach in shoes, to the right was no go area and to the left the tide was in! Finally a 2 mile barefoot on the beach which left my achilles somewhat sore, and a policeman stopped me at the no go point (I knew about it and was turing anyway) pointed to Garmin told me peligroso (dangerous) and promptly turned me round anyway! I saw vultures pelicans, huge gulls, all manner of dead things on the beach and tried goat, ate cerviche, chucharron and Bonito - the last I did not like!

And so

What:  nothing t oday did 3.5 in thesnowy forest last night

why: break in easy and get ready for 10 tomorrow

last hard: leaving the  family

last easy: most of the last two weeks!

Have a good day all

/members/images/39759/Gallery/nanna.jpg

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

welcome back Wabo, sounds like you had a wonderful time....
    Southerns rescheduled for Feb 16th in case you didn't know...

• damn! didnt spot this one, just answered little miss happy

still these lyrics - yes as well!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all

What: probably nothing, maybe a swim
    Why: calf very sore, was going to swim, but have wasted a morning waiting for work (on my day off) which probably wasn't actually necessary as the work has not been finished yet by the other people...sigh.  Now can't be bothered to swim.  May become bothered again when I'm less peed off by the situation!
    Lyrics: don't think so.

Wabo glad you had a nice time.  Was going to ask about how safe it was to run over there. 
    Blisters how's the calf today?

Happy Burn's night.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

dustin, unfortunately I do know!

emzap I think I was ok in lima but you do have to be careful, lot of poverty out there. sorry to hear about your calf.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Lyrics yes and think there will be a few people remembering them tomorrow!
    What: Eating Haggis, neeps and Tatties
    Why: Tis the celebration of the bard and I'm having a rest today
    Last Hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Work in progressimage
    RFJ go safe and well. I aspire to that distance and need to be there soon!
    AH....stretch

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Good to have you back Wabo

Dustin - 3 of us have to go to Horsham... a long drag

16.11m done with a mate, lovely but a tad icy out there

Take care

• Welcome back, Wabo!

RFJ: nice long run, I take it you didn't tumble down another embankment today image?

NZChristine wrote (see)

Thursday - no run, went to Waiheke - and island in Auckland's Waitemata harbour where my sister lives, with daughter and gdaughters, very hot, lots of swimming, and kayaking - no kayaking by me though. I  got the job  of helping get the kayaks out and putting them away again! My feet on the stones were softer than I thought! Very tired when I got home.

I love Waiheke! Spent a week there in 2008 at the end of our amazing NZ tour. Must be a tough life for your sis image

alehouse wrote (see)

Evening!
    Quiet, calm, ice free evening here in the north-west: no sign of snow or ice, again.  3k run in 20:37. Very gentle but still hard work. If I knock 11;54 off I'll break my pb! Pleased with the run though: its not many weeks ago I couldn't walk half a k, so continue to head in the right direction. Really glad I can go out and do something!

OMH, ale! You ran! Yay!!! Hope this is the beginning to a long, successful campaign with absolutely NO more injuries image

what: 12 miles
    why: 2nd MLR of the week image
    last hard: fighting the urge to bin the run and stay in bed
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: no

• Welcome back Wabo! Nice picture! Sounds as if you had a great time! Interesting food! Mind you you could have stayed here and had a horseburger! (You probably missed that and the jokes that follwed...
    My doctor told me to watch what I eat, so I bought a ticket for the Grand National. Etc)

Chick: That's 4 runs of 15 minutes or more now! Yes, making progress (not that the scales say so).

Just been reading about Toni Minichiello, Jessica's coach: sacked because he won't move to Loughborough. The only UK coach to coach a gold medal athlete, and last year's coach of the year. Typical!

• Meant to say, I'm being really careful with stretching: see clip!

Don't stretch after jogging

Don't open in the office! image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

5 miles at lunchtime today - not long back!  Felt more like my old self and tanked round in 35:39, a good 4 minutes faster than a fortnight ago.  Nice to do a wee time-trial every now and again! image

Lyrics!  Nope!

• AH... you made a typo in the OP.  Do you mean that you're struggling to flirt in various trousers?

Peru. Wow... sounds great.

Celt.. enjoy Burns night.  No haggis for me as I refuse to buy them and prefer to catch my own.  I've just not been lucky this year, although I did see snowy footprints in the garden.

AH... love the little 'stretch' video. By the way, on my little screen, your avatar looks like someone's bare bum, with a garter just above the right knee.

What... nothing

Why... no time

Lyrics... No

• Fed up. Stuck to my rest day today despite an unexpected window of opportunity opening then slid over walking Grace this afternoon. Twisted my knee but don't think it's anything schedule interrupting, only I don't currently have schedule, I'm making it up as I go along and don't think I'm doing enough - as usual. More snow predicted overnight, cold tomorrow and then rain and high winds coming in. Joy. I much prefer autumn marathons and training through the summer, if you're going to run for three hours how much nicer to be putting the sun screen on before you go out than trying to work out how many layers you need to wear, where you might find a surface you can actually run on and how long it will take you to thaw afterwards.

Sorry. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Nice to have you back Wabo.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Swim never happened.  I fell asleep for 2 hours after a walk into town. Must have needed the rest.

LMH sorry to hear about your fall.  Hope your knee is ok.  I think this weather is getting us all down.  Seems like it's causing a lot of us to injure ourselves.

• Evening from a snowy West of Scotland.

Dogs were walked this morning and our canine lodger goes home tomorrow.

• Crikey...it's an epidemic of sleeping sickness. Planned rest day, sat down to do crossword after work and woke up 2 hours later. Sorry to hear of slippage LMH but you've got me thinking....Autumn marathons could be the way ahead. I hear there's a good one in Dublin...could be next year sorted unless Rock'n'Roll come up with a better alternativeimage
    AH, was a bit worried what was going to happen following your warning about opening in the office.
    Enjoy DVD from my area of work(Geographically)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UerjFCLdI

• Straycelt - not sure if it was the ad we were supposed to be watching or the Depot song!

Alehouse - very funny!

Wabo - your grand daughter has grown, must be lovely to be able to see her.

Little Miss Happy - hope you are feeling a bit better now.

What: No run - I have got the real can't be bothered blues. That and my back is very sunburnt, so really don't feel like it. 

• Wabo, you are going to have to be more careful with the sun. They side effects are unexpected dehydration, throbbing headaches and an inability to walk in a straight line. I think it may be connected with my rehydration protocol though.

LMH I spy a link with your mental attitude and the very long training programmes. You have rather been putting in some classic doubles lately and we are still a long way out. However, I feel like Jonny Lightweight in your company. Take the rest day, have a luxurious bath, some girlie time, and a good meal.

Straycelt: you have GOT to do Abingdon marathon if you are after an autumn target. It sells out quickly, and there's a good reason.

AH, great video about stretching. I thought that the guy was going to get his leg run over. It was far worse. I'll be careful.

Training: As promised, a swim. 100 lengths. 1h15m. A key marker point was hitting 76 in 59m50s. It's important because that's exactly my halfway point, and gives me an idea of what time I could achieve after 152, ie the full ironman swim. Sure I was beginning to get a bit ragged at the 80 length point, but it came back together for 90-100.

• ooops - a bit late but yesterday's lyrics - Queen of the New Year, Deacon Blue