London Marathon 2013 - Runners & Supporters

Comments

• I will be more than happy to lead the pacing group again, but I do suggest we stick with the 11 minute mile sign, I don't want anyone falling behind or injuring themselves.

• Maybe by myself as my wife is Pregnant so no (possibly) Mrs Warkie joining me

My first London Marathon so not sure what to expect but give us a wave image

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

I'd like to join please.  3 years ago, I was on the list but was pregnant (didnt know it) and was seeing double/stars (but not the RW support crew!) by mile 17, in the st johns by 18, so I missed the support.  Hopefully not this year!

Supporters

Sister Bad Habit (aka K-Web on the 'other' site for those crossing from the dark side lol)
    SuperCaz
    VikW
    KateF
    Tommygun2
    katb
    Mrs Warkie
    BBH
    Womble
    JohnClose3
    xine267
    Soup Dragon
    Sweetest Thing (with FL & LB)
    Foxy Lady (with ST & LB)
    XFR Bear
    LouiseG

Mrs ZiggyTheSpider (contact through ZiggyThe Spider)

Runners

Cake (stopping to hug Caz spin her around and will give the same treatment to any other poor sod why can't run away quick enought)
    Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood
    Warkie
    Happychap
    Holymoly
    Lee the Pea
    Lady Wot Jogs
    kittenkat (hopefully not stopping, no offence)
    Loon (definitely stopping and expecting lots of hugs)
    Mr Puffy.
    No Pain
    Nykie (I had a group last year but only at the last minute, so didn't really get to know people)
    Pottermiss
    RosemaryClose4
    Ricardo86
    Straycelt
    Night Nurse
    Hopetofinish
    Prawnie (& Mr Prawnie running his first marathon)
    Vixx76
    Rattler Rattler
    gizmo83
    Millsy1977
    Two-Stroke Tart
    RFJ
    No Pain
    USB
    Wickett
    15West

PipG

ZiggyTheSpider

Sofaboy. first timer. hopefully will just be needing a wave but already planning to be in the Chandos afterwards with some mates. so i'll see you there.

Cocoa Pop. Beer and jelly babies required.

• Can I join too? It's my first marathon so I don't know if I'll need anything specific or if so, what, but the extra cheer would be lovely!

Supporters
    Sister Bad Habit (aka K-Web on the 'other' site for those crossing from the dark side lol)
    SuperCaz
    VikW
    KateF
    Tommygun2
    katb
    Mrs Warkie
    BBH
    Womble
    JohnClose3
    xine267
    Soup Dragon
    Foxy Lady (with ST & LB)
    XFR Bear
    LouiseG

Runners
    Cake (stopping to hug Caz spin her around and will give the same treatment to any other poor sod why can't run away quick enought)
    Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood
    Warkie
    Happychap
    Holymoly
    Lee the Pea
    Lady Wot Jogs
    Mr Puffy.
    No Pain
    Nykie (I had a group last year but only at the last minute, so didn't really get to know people)
    Pottermiss
    RosemaryClose4
    Ricardo86
    Straycelt
    Night Nurse
    Hopetofinish
    Vixx76
    Rattler Rattler
    gizmo83
    Millsy1977
    Two-Stroke Tart
    RFJ
    No Pain
    USB
    Wickett
    15West
    PipG
    ZiggyTheSpider
    Sofaboy. first timer. hopefully will just be needing a wave but already planning to be in the Chandos afterwards with some mates. so i'll see you there.

literatin

• I usually have to be prevented from falling off the DLR by the time we head to Chandos image but I do have a homing beacon to it - and usually pop upstairs to say hello to Fetchies too image 

• Ooh 'ello, it's all changed since I was last on here image.  Hopefully this works!!

Supporters
    SuperCaz
    VikW
    KateF
    Tommygun2
    katb
    Mrs Warkie
    BBH
    Womble
    JohnClose3
    xine267
    Soup Dragon
    Foxy Lady (with ST & LB)
    XFR Bear
    LouiseG

Runners
    Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood
    Warkie
    Happychap
    Holymoly
    Lee the Pea
    Lady Wot Jogs
    Mr Puffy.
    No Pain
    Pottermiss
    RosemaryClose4
    Ricardo86
    Straycelt
    Night Nurse
    Hopetofinish
    Vixx76
    Rattler Rattler
    gizmo83
    Millsy1977
    Two-Stroke Tart
    RFJ
    No Pain
    USB
    Wickett
    15West
    PipG
    ZiggyTheSpider
    Ultra Kazzaaaaah!

• People say hello to fetchies?image Which Chandos is it? Damn these chains making it difficult for runners in need of refreshment

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Sister Bad Habit wrote (see)

I was born to be a leader, not a follower LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall lead you all astray image

that is so very true....image

I'll be there next year... promise image

• Trafalgar Square, SC image RW downstairs, Fetchies upstairs (I cross the divide with a foot in each camp lol).

Although, I say RW downstairs - I usually end up in the gutter outside image. Nearly got run over 2 years ago (that was the year we got told off by the landlord for buying beer in the offy opposite and putting it in his pint glasses image that Barlos is a very bad influence......) We haven't done that since, clearly. Last year I was buying wine by the bottle. Can't remember using a glass though..............

• I have been known to drink beer that I've bought elsewhere in Chandos - can't be doing with those queues, especially downstairs image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Ultra Kazzaaaaah!! wrote (see)

I have been known to drink beer that I've bought elsewhere in Chandos - can't be doing with those queues, especially downstairs image

Completely agree with that.... I actually got lost last year and ended up with the Fetchies by mistake image

• Hmmm...wonder if OH can drive back to Wales with drunken marrafunner or if I can wangle another day iff and book another nightimage

• I am a very good SBH as I have always booked the Monday off image Just as well really or the entire office would have been pished the last three years just off my fumes - in fact, it would have been easier for me to kip at the office on the Sunday night rather than go home if I was at work!!! image

• I don't remember drinking in chandos last year.  In fact I only just remember getting on the tube at Muchute.  The rest is all a blur until the landlord kicked us out.  We were the last two people left in the place.

• Just checking if I have understood this correctly.  The supporters meet at Mudchute and provide runners with various indulgences.  At the same, time, the supporters start drinking.  Everybody finishes and we all go to the pub, by which time the supporters are already pissed.  Sounds good, I'll fit right inimage

• Louise, last year was my first year as a supporter and I'd say you have got it about bob on. You must also miss a few of your runners and be quite concerned until you have enough booze not to care.

• Yup, sounds about right.  And if I'm to prance around the streets of London in fancy dress I expect my lovely support squad, SBH, to have something alcofrolic to keep me going over those last nine miles image

• I am worried I have left my training as a supporter too late - will three serious binge sessions per week get me ready in time, or should I go for back to backs at the weekend as well imageimage?

• LouiseG wrote (see)

Just checking if I have understood this correctly.  The supporters meet at Mudchute and provide runners with various indulgences.  At the same, time, the supporters start drinking.  Everybody finishes and we all go to the pub, by which time the supporters are already pissed.  Sounds good, I'll fit right inimage

Spot on. See you there with a bottle of bubbly then. image

• BBH, I believe that although you need to train hard, it is also important to have rest days to let your body recover and rebuild.  By all means do back to backs but don't go over doing itimage

• I'll try and factor in a few rest days then..

• Hi all, long time RW lurker, first time VLM runner , coming over from Ireland , would love an extra cheer at 18 and afterwards an extra beer where ever...

• Since I have been dry for the whole of January courtesy of being a dry-afferleet for Cancer Research I think that's all my rest days for this year and next completed in one fell swoop. Bring on Friday imageimageimage

@Ultra Kazzaaaah do you seriously think I'd not have anything there for you? I have a reputation to maintain y'know!!

• Hi Slim Fast image we'll get you added image

• now THAT's what I call service image !!

• Sister Bad Habit wrote (see)

Since I have been dry for the whole of January courtesy of being a dry-afferleet for Cancer Research I think that's all my rest days for this year and next completed in one fell swoop. Bring on Friday imageimageimage

@Ultra Kazzaaaah do you seriously think I'd not have anything there for you? I have a reputation to maintain y'know!!

Attagirl image  Now no stirring on the costume front image

• Supporters
    SuperCaz
    VikW
    KateF
    Tommygun2
    katb
    Mrs Warkie
    BBH
    Womble
    JohnClose3
    xine267
    Soup Dragon
    Foxy Lady (with ST & LB)
    XFR Bear
    LouiseG

Runners
    Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood
    Warkie
    Happychap
    Holymoly
    Lee the Pea
    Lady Wot Jogs
    Mr Puffy.
    No Pain
    Pottermiss
    RosemaryClose4
    Ricardo86
    Straycelt
    Night Nurse
    Hopetofinish
    Vixx76
    Rattler Rattler
    gizmo83
    Millsy1977
    Two-Stroke Tart
    RFJ
    No Pain
    USB
    Wickett
    15West
    PipG
    ZiggyTheSpider
    Ultra Kazzaaaaah!
    Slim Fast

• Train tickets booked Manchester Picc down to Euston on the Friday (expo in the afternoon) then return first class (will need it) all for £57 BARGAIN !!!! image

• Hi everyone,

First time VLM runner, from Canada (via Sheffield!). I am running for charity, although my charity only had 1 slot, so I am on my own! Would love a little extra support at Mile 17, and I'm hoping to sign my husband up for the support crew (he should be easily convinced by offers of beer followed by an afternoon at the pub!).

Any more info on what we need to do to get involved with your crew is greatly appreciated!