I am new to running and set one hell of a challenge

Hi

I have never run before but in my infinate wisdom decided to run the Brighton Marathon 2013 in aid of Scope. There is a twist to this as I am not running alone, my son is 9 years old and is in a wheelchair as he has Cerebral Palsy .............. I am pushing him the entire distance as part of my run.

I am however coming up against a number of issues and just wanted to ask people if they could advise on my concerns. Since starting running (steady start and following a proper training program with a proper warm up etc) I have been plagued by pains in my legs and knees, which to be honest is not so bad as I have taken it easy and they have all but gone BUT before starting on this 'mission' I bought proper running shoes and the insoles to ensure I would be comfortable. Unfortunately this is not the case as, when I run all is well but as soon as I put on my normal shoes / trainers to continue with normal life I am in agony and can just about walk due to pain in the outer side of my foot .............. any clues as to what it might be as most places only talk about other aspects of foot injury. 

With only 11 weeks to go, I am beginning to worry a bit about my ability to complete this challenge (which even if I have to crawl all the way to finish it with my son, I WILL)

Thanks and apologies if this is in the wrong section

Comments