Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• morningggggggg.....*thud-ow*

*crawls out from in cupboard*.....is it safe now?image

• MOOOOOOORNIN

Loula, I fink Da Boss has gone to work now. You are safe.

• It's only safe when Loula posts some nice pictures of ladies!image

• I will see if I can find something nice but worksafe.  Unfortunately when the work servers won't even permit me to access crashplan to look at remote storage possibilities...

• Hi all. 

LLB thanks for lovely boys image bit of a shortage round here.  Also, any tips on how to load pics?  I have a lovely one of two ladies with not many clothes on running last Friday that AF may find motivating image.

I see the weather has warmed up quite a bit in UK now, big contrast from the subzeroes.  Glad the ice has gone.  Ecky great news that you are back on the road - how is it feeling today? 

AF sounds like you are making great progress on the marathon schedule.  13 miles is a big 'milestone'.

By 'eck,  When I move back I'll be going to Greenwich.  I'll be staying in Dubai most of the next two months, staying with friends and living out of a suitcase 'cos my house has tenants in it until the end of March.  If all goes well with the next phase of training, I'll be doing the Two Oceans in Cape Town then flying home to unpack my crates.  In fact the packers are here tight now and I am surrounded by boxes and dust.

• Afternoon ALL

Sorry for the absence over the weekend but I was working and was too tired to get on here last night.

Day 1 of marathon training...following a plan from Runners World Magazine Break 4:00 or BUST !! Ambitious of me I know but you gotta try...Todays run on the plan was 4 miles easy 10.04m/m...I did it slightly faster than that but it still felt an easy pace so am happy with that.

Louise...how your wee leggies feeling today...don't envy you with ll your packing...lol..good luck.

hellooooooooooooooooooooo everyone else..have a good day friendies image

• pssssssssssssssssssst Loulaaaaaaaaaaaa sis...keep hiding sis...the boss is on the warpath....lol

• I am still on the warpath Franny.

Louise- I have no problems doing 13 miles- I have never done more than 15.5 so that is my next aim (perhaps next week!) I am unable to post pictures I am afrad to say.

Franny-Well done on your martahon training I have looked at some of these schedules and find them too rigid. My aim is too build up my loner runs (one on a tuesday) and then one most weekends. I have at least one 20 mile race to enter and that will give me confidence. The chap I work with is alos doing the Brighton Marathon so we will do some long cpastal runs in March as well. Not too enthused  by the speedwork suggestions that these plans have.

Back to work and I will check later to see if Loula can come out of the cupboard.

• Hi AF...this will be the 1st time I have used a schedule...I am hoping it will keep me in check and not over train which is one of my faults...lol..I am going to try and stick to it but it will be altered as needed due to work/time constraints and general family life..lol...I kinda like speedwork imagesessions image

Psst Loula...c'mom i will sneek you out the cupboard whils he is not watching....here catch...put this over your head...............now ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun quick this way...i know a place where you will be safe.....................until he calms down image

• ooo quick hide me hide me sis....image i wil make da boss a nice wee cuppa and a choccy cake - thatll sort him out-phew.

aw franny sis, you are gonn abe fine for edinburgh and me and miss llb will be their yelling for you!! i would say id run in as well but im not sure i can cope with it after my ultra the week before image

• evening

a bit tired, didn't sleep well and had a hectic day at work. Was thinking about a swim this evening but am just too tired.

louise - good luck with the packing

• I'm thinking of going to the running shop tomorrow to look at trail shoes. It's going to be weeks before this mud has gone. Any suggestions?
  • Good evening,

Well it's ages since i've had time to post,but i have been having a quick read,and i'm sort of up to speed.So....

Chili,a very belated Happy Birthday.

Louise,well done on that marathon.I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of you feeding the cat during the race.

By Eck,sorry to hear of your troubles with little moo.I am thinking of you.

Marathon trainees,don't worry too much about your schedules getting behind due to the weather.I lost a week in my 2011 mara training due to snow,and you can easily make it up.Just don't try and overdo it to compensate.At worst all you may have to do is have a slightly shorter taper.

Well,i'm just concentrating on getting through my Mum's funeral on Thursday,and then i'm going to start back on my comeback,and aim for a marathon in 2014.I've decided to do Brighton again,as i really enjoyed the first one,despite the tough conditions,and i'm going to be running it for my Mum.I feel like i'm sort of in limbo at the moment.I think we need to have the funeral to get some kind of closure,and allow us all to grieve and then move on with fond memories of a wonderful person.At the moment it still doesn't feel real.and it is easy to forget that she's gone.I still expect to find her when we go to my Mum and Dad's house.

Anyway i'll be back after Thursday,and i'll actually be a running member of the club again.I've just renewed my membership with Romsey Road Runners,so i'm all set to hit the road again.

• Awww DJ - we will all be thinking of you on Thursday and sending you hugs. I'm sure it is going to be a difficult time but it is wonderful that you have lovely memories to treasure.

Sorry i have been AWOL for a few days. I tooks my teens away to Cambridge for a youth weekend. And have been very busy today. We have a new family at church with special needs kids so we are looking at what we need to provide in Sunday School in order to include them and function as a proper session rather than them running riot everywhere! Anyway I had a very helpful meeting this morning with a lady who could advise us and give tips and suggestions.

The snow and ice have gone and now we have high winds and driving rain. Managed 5 miles this evening and got so wet I had to wring out my hat, trousers etc!

• Still packing....(this is a three day job - how did I get so much stuff image)

Had committee meeting last night for a race I help marshall / organise and it happened to be one of the other's birthday.  Date cake.  Chocolate and cream cake.  And then a bit more date cake image.  Better start training again.

• Morning all!

DJ - thinking of you, especially on Thursday.

Louise - Good luck with the last bit of packing.

3 days of the holiday gone already. We took the kids to the book shop and cafe yesterday and they chose some books as a prize for their excellent reports and music exams. Hubby is dyeing my hair this morning and kids have swimming training this evening so I'm planning a run then.

My mum is going into hospital again tomorrow for her other knee replacement op.  She sounds very relaxed about it. The kids have made cards and my middle son drew a pic of mum fighting a shark with her 'knee shields'! image

Anyway, have a good day all. xx

• morning all, DJ our thoughts with youat this time and will be thinking of you Thursday also ((hugs)))

• Morning image

Deejay (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) thinking of you xxx

Jude..hope your mum gets on ok with her OP...holidays go sooooooooooo fast dont they?

Chilli...well done on your wet and windy run.

I did 4 hilly miles today as per schedule image very windy windy windy...got work at 2pm.

Hi  Loula sis...............image

Morning to everyone else...have a fabby day y'all

• morning

DJ - hugs, thinking of you and your family

Jude - good luck to your mum for her op. Enjoy your hols

I did a turbo session this morning so feeling pleasedimagephysio this evening

• Afternoon,

DJ-Good to here from you and will be thinking of you on Thursday. Pleased to here that you are joing your running club and aiming for Brighton Marathon 2014. I am doing it this year and may be celebrating my 50th doing it next year!!!

Franny-Well done on your hilly 4 miler.

Loula-Still no decent pictures! image

MC-Well done on your turbo training and hood luck with your physio later.

Pleased to report that I did 13.8 miles this morning in 2 hours which is only 1.7 miles away from my longest ever run- fingers crossed next week. 

Hi Jude,Ecky,Chilli,RR,bye eck etc etc.  

• by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    I'm thinking of going to the running shop tomorrow to look at trail shoes. It's going to be weeks before this mud has gone. Any suggestions?

Again, what's with the finding out on the internet???

Anyway, what started off as a bad day (woken by the dulcit tones of By 'Eck shouting 'F@ck its 7.30' (so only an hour and a half late) has progressed into a completely incompetent government department (is the descriptor really that necessary?) trying to avoid giving me back money by claiming I owe them money.  Which is complete bunk, but it means that I have to go back through 8 years of P11Ds and P60s to find out what they are talking about.

• mr by eck- i cant believe by eck would utter such a naughty word....and i dont mean 'shoes'.....

• My son has turned into a snuffly hedgehog
  • loulabell wrote (see)

mr by eck- i cant believe by eck would utter such a naughty word....and i dont mean 'shoes'.....

Oh she did, I taught her it. image

As a five year old, she got taught all the naughty words in Farsi by all her school friends.  I just got taught how many of my friends were in Debrets...

• you mean she didnt know the F word before she met you? sheesh...how you dragged her downimage

• Evening

22 miles on the bike today image

• Morning

wakey wakey CRAC towers

Its horroble outside...raining,windy and very cold.

Been to gym.

Well done on your bike ride Chilli and AF on your long run yesterday.

• Morning! We have Sunshine!!!! image Do you remember what that looks like?

Short run done on legs still wobbley from the bike ride yesterday.

• Well done on your short run on wobbly legs...lol...we do have sunshine too but also the wind,rain and cold...brrrrrrrrrrrr...bring on the spring summer I say.

MC..how didya get on at the physio yesterday and your running assessment????