Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    That's the way OH image

Managed 12 moonlit miles on Saturday morning ok - I *will* get MT mileage back up in time for excalibur TR40image - and after a rather stressful morning at work I've just done a cracking progressive session in the wind & rain, did me the world of good!

TR40 i'll look at some dates for a training run and get in touch with you later..
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Brer- Hot chocolate!image

OH- Never mind Pen y Pass, worry about Bwlch y Groesimage

panad- good runningimage

What a day here! This morning I managed 0.1m before realising that the roads and pavement were lethally slippery- and no sign of gritimage Plan B came into operation- a mind-numbing 6.5ish miles of laps of a very muddy football pitch in the darkimage. This evening I did a tad over 7m recovery again, this time in a RIDICULOUS wind. image

Still - on a positive, 13.46m for the dayand sees me pass the 400m for the month pointimage

• lol Bwlch y Groes..ho, ho. ho...such joyimage

Panad...in shorts, I trust?

TR40..hiya buddy.

Holy hell, been to Spin tonight for 'kick ass' session, my legs have officially fallen out with me! Sustained snow running/dog walking and spinning is rendering them unable to connect with brain!!image

JD..loving the thought of 'Sir' caning around a muddy pitch in darkness before putting on respectable teacher mode! Do your pupils realise what a nutter you are?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Brer- I live in the catchment area, so yep, they know what they're lumbered with! image Good spinning; what's next, weaving?

Jenf- sorry, missed your post. Should see you there next Saturday image
  • Can picture Pen y Pass but not Bwlch y Groes (yet) image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

That's a cue for steve-z's photo.  I wonder were it is?

brer - what Hardmoors distance is that again?  Metal studs??  For your knees' sake don't use them on hard surfaces.

jenf - excellent thinking

All that snow.  Gone.  image 

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    T Rex- Indeed, or where he is?? Anyone heard from him lately?

All that snow. Gone! imageimageimage
  • Just Google Imaged Bwlch y Groes
    Ah well Langdale should be good training ground in September

... but work imposed slack week at present

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Recovery skins arrived today image can't wait to try them out! I look just like the model on the box!!image

• Hey JD, just 'weaved' a 10 miler in lashing wind and rain..but..phew, it was warm!

Trex..I can only think that I will ever wear them again when situation is just straightforward trail on firm mud/snow. To be fair, breaking in a new pair of trainers on a 18 mile run which was so ridiculous in its extremes is not a good way to judge them. Hardmoors 26.2 Osmotherly in Feb is where they will hopefully come into their own..but really hope it doesn't come to that!

jenf..what does the model look like?image

• 12 miles around Barking & Ilford last Saturday including parkrun... Furthest I've run since SNOD 2012... Knack'd and could barely walk the dogs Saturday evening...

Sunday out for 10k leisurely amd 7 last night at pace with club... A couple of new runners turned up and they were a bit fast and didn't know the route so we all got red-mists and legged it... Nicely slowing down from 7mm to 8mm for me...

Reps on Thursday and 16 incl parkrun on Saturday... 10k on Sunday recovery run...

SNOD not sold out yet, but nearing 2000 entries...

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

8x2min intervals for me today.. why does speed HURT so much! anyway I am now sitting in my new recovery skins, will be interested to see how legs feel later.

Brer..classy is the answer!! image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Brer- well weavedimage

Lemmy- nice runningimage

jenf- great speedwork- pain is temporary, pride is foreverimage

Somebody was smiling on me this morning as I drove down to my usual morning run route- it threw it down with massive hailstones, covering the road in seconds and my wipers were struggling to cope. I felt pretty anxious sat inside in my shorts... by the time I ran it had turned to rain and stopped within 10 minsimage of my 6.5m recovery. PHEW! This evening my achilles were still a bit sore after Sunday's bashing, so I treated  them with doing my 15m ML run on the nice soft trackimage. They loosened up enough for me to be able to run the last 6m at pMP, fairly comfortably. Very happy with this runimage 15.01m in 1.41.24 (6.45 av) splits: 7:10 7:19 7:21 7:23 7:08 7:08 7:12 6:58 6:48 6:13 6:10 6:07 6:10 6:09 6:02 4

1.01m warm down to round off the day's activities

I love it when a plan comes togetherimage

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

6:02?  That's starting to get very serious.

My mile PB is 6:06.

What are you doing in Langdale, OH?

• Hiya, SNOD13ers image

That's January out the way, with 202.5 miles on the board and feeling strong.

Also have binned the alcohol, crisps and soft fizzy drinks all month image

Weight is about 6 lbs to the good.

Hope everbodies training is going well?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Evening allimage

FR- good luck with the monastic lifeimage Well done on the weight loss

Ended the month quietly here with a couple of sloooow recovery runs

Monthly stats: 454.41m in 58.21.09 (7.42 av) Nearly 50m down on last year, but quite a bit quicker- not training for an ultra this year!image At least, not this side of Snod.....image

• Blimey, that's amazing mileage jason!

• Oh..how I hate you Jasonimage My stats at the end of January..a measly 243 miles, you sure know how to make a girl feel inadequate.image BTW..are you doing Abingdon? Entries open tomorrow..so close to Snod...oh, Liverpool or Abingdon????

FR..no beer?image..I'm off for a bottle of Fosters buddy!

• Club reps last night, 4x10mins with 2min rests... rep pace: 07:02, 07:13, 07:24, 07:35... They said do 10k pace and I did: started off too fast and slowed down...

Jason d, you've got nothing to worry about here...

Monthly mileage of 87 miles, which is the longest since September when I was training for SNOD12... A third of Brer's and a fifth of Jason's... I'm please with this due to 2 sprained ankles in December and no mid week running in October & November due to ITB issues (I'd pulled an adductor...)... So now back on track, just seem to have a dodgy ankle and pf... heels sting a bit before I stretch out or walk a bit...

16 tomorrow, to, from and including Valentines parkrun, then 6 on Sunday before going to XC to support Mrs Lemmy...

Have a good weekend everyone...

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    87miles for me as well Lemmy! (and 234miles on the bike image )

my legs were not too impressed on today's commute after yesterday's near vertical run, hoping they recover overnight as 14ish planned tomorrow...
  • Evening gang.

Panad I have complete faith in you matey image

JD some mileage that and some inventive runs.

Brer 240!! Never been close to that!

140 miles for January here, running well at moment image
  • T Rex wrote (see)
    What are you doing in Langdale, OH?

Just planning doing the half  (for the 3rd time)

• Hiya TR 40, I'm not entirely sure how the hell I managed it TBH..lots of snow runningimage. I am in for Abingdon marathon for a last ditch attempt at sub 3:30 before my little body says " you're 47 this is getting too much! However..Snod a week later..so that will be a jolly jaunt instead of time targets now. Mr Rex..are you still doing Abingdon?

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

evening all!image

well first thing to report is I love my skins! wore them after a fast interval session and then slept in them last night after some heavy weights/leg session. NO DOMS!!

Jason/Brer, thats some impressive mileage. Great running. I'm no where near your league, but I'm very happy to have broken the100miles this month and feeling good.

Looking forward to parkrun tomorrow, sun is forecast!

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    14miles done&dusted image bit chilly out there, and icy in places.

took it easy, but legs felt good so there's hope for me yetimage

Off to football now with the eldest before settling down for the rugby this afternoon...
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Why is it always agonising watching Wales?

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Because they can't catch and tend not to wake up until the second half?
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Enjoyed parkrun this morning, got myself a new PB,image I was inspired by the runner in front of me who was pushing a buggy! I was determined not to let him get away!!

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Yay! Well done jenf image
  • I can't bear to watch any longer, all through my childhood I watched the greats..JPR et al with a bottle of shandy and packet of crisps in hand..what an era! We lived in a very English village and were immigrants from God's country, we relished it when we thrashed the Englishimage..sorry, dont mean to offend anyone! I'm sure we are going to get a real ass-kicking from England when they meet.

Well, a steady 20 miles for me today..no drama, no ice, no snowimage and it only took 3 and a bit hours.

Well done jenf on PB, never been to a Parkrun so don't know what it involves.