Wednesday 30th January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't want to be the filler if the void is solely yours

Blisters - glad it was the cheap option. SMT = sports massage terrorist

Sorry - can't remember much else to comment on. Bad news last night. Another friend has cancer, a rare, aggressive form. Will hopefully find out the prognosis within a week but it doesn't look good. Must sort the VLM fundraising out.

What:             easy treadie run
Why:              tired, legs battered, winds gusting above 40mph
Last hard:      getting the news
Last rest:       25/1

Let's enjoy what we have whilst we have it.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    LmH - dreadful news about your friend, my thoughts and best wishes with you
    Chicka - speedy running yesterday!
    Tine - mate of mine worked in Kazakh for a while (oil & gas). Lets just say he had some 'interesting' stories...
    what - something easy, 5 recovery?
    why - 10x400m hills yesterday , fortunately on roads, grass deemed too muddy...
    last rest - sunday
    last hard - saturday
    lyric - no

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics no again

lmh, oh thats so sad, sorry to hear x

what: 13 miles after work, yes lsr has to be today!

why: race sat and and a ball in the evening so I dont think it will happen sunday

last hard: monday

last easy: yesterday

yes lmh thats spot on your last comment

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Enforced rest (by work) and blowing a hoolie here (50 gusting 60+ kts)
    LM.H - not sounding good

• LMH: really sorry to hear. That's bad news image

tinebeest wrote (see)

Chickadee: just back for a quick visit to Cambridge. I am still stationed in Leiden (NL) and not at all sure where the next job is going to be. Kazakhstan is a possibility. At least they have hills! 

You can go and visit Borat image

Stickless wrote (see)

Thanks for the welcome backs.  Good to be back.  

Chickadee - what are you training for?

Hamburg marathon on 21/4 (coincidentally same day as VLM)

what: 12 miles MLR
    why: P&D's secret weapon
    last hard: facing yet more gales and rain
    last rest: 21/1
    lyrics: no

• Empathise with your regarding the bad news LMH.

For me, the lyric question is perfect... because I can "hear" the singer singing them a hundred times, but can never work out the next line, or the title.  I have a feeling I own the album.  Very annoying.

What: hopefully an easy 4 miles

Why: to shake last night's Kenyan Hills out of my legs.

Last hard... I think I can say 29th January

Last rest... the day before.

Edit...  I do own the album, and listened to it last week!

• Thanks for the thoughts. There just seems to be so much of it happening around me at the moment - it was only this time last year that Jacko died and this is another of those unusual nasties. Couldn't stay inside in the end so came home and took Grace out - there were a couple of gusts that we could barely move forward in but the mile with the tailwind was 30 secs faster!

Good luck with that LSR Wabo.

Chickadeee - going for the sub 3.30?

OH - thankfully we're only gusting just short of 50mph.

• Tinebeest: Leiden is pretty cool though, the Belgian Bar is pretty cool, that department store where you can have lunch high above the city isn't too bad. There's also that group who do the monthly timed half-marathons too.

Waiting for the weather to ease up ahead of a planned 11 miles steady. Did a similar distance last night with some intervals and am feeling supercharged for once, despite yawning.

Lyrics: no.

• AH...Careful there..a tad brisk...hope you remembered to stretch.
    LMH...empathy, empathy, neighbour in just now and post op recovery in good progress, deo gratis. Blasting to follow. Why is it always the "Good guys" tho?"
    Who else is in VLM and/or Embra?
    Lyrics...not today
    What: 5-8K Dreadmill timong dependent
    Why: TKD to follow
    Last hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    What's left of me will pop back later...I can tell I'm getting fitter coz I now hurt everyday!!!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

LMH - So sorry  to hear about your friend

What: 4.74 miles run walk as before
    Why: Building
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics  nope

Run was not easy wouldn't say hard. So tomorrow no run (working all night) hopefully sleep short bike ride  probably  well yes but thats tomorrow

• LmH: so sorry to hear. That is bad news indeed.

Dustin: yeah, I did think about that (and Borat, Chickadee), but it would be teaching history at Nazarbayev uni, not prospecting for resources.

Sevendaughters: oh, Leiden is nice, but they will chuck me out at the end of August as my contract finishes then. Belgian bar is great, but as a Belgian in exile my fridge is well stocked, too. Especially when the parentals have just visited...

What: kingfisher spotting on the run, but no luck.

Why: Stickless wanted to share.

Last hard: erm...

Last rest: Yesterday (though plenty of walking)

I've quite enjoyed my little stay in Cambridge, good to catch up with friends and colleagues. Jet set academic life continues, with a visit to Belgium for a lecture in the old village, weekend after that to Princeton for interview. o.O somewhere in between semester starts and I have to fit in some training...
  • Afternoon! First opportunity to get on the forum: was just about to log on at 7.30 and got a call to work.

What: rest day

Why: caution, although no apparent reaction to last night's run

Yesterday's lyrics: Snow Patrol, Run

Not had a chance to read back, so hopefully back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Hellish toothache today and now on antibiotics from the dentist.  Went a run and only managed 2 miles!  Better than nowt I suppose! image

• Good news that there was no reaction Alehouse.

donaldo - be careful running when you've just commenced antibiotics.

Tinebeest - where would you like to end up next?

Pammie - hope the weather is ok for you to get out on the bike tomorrow - a tad windy for it here.

Two midweek MLR on the bounce 7d - you must be feeling good. What's next race wise?

SC - it does indeed always seem to be 'the good guys'.

• My thoughts again go out to Claire Squires family, especially as it now transpires that the sports nutrition/ boost drink she took is getting some of the blame. It's enough to make you want to read the label.

Lyrics, no.
    Training, no: it's manic Wednesday. Although I did finish work around 4:15, the two hour each way commute destroyed any opportunities of an early slot. For good measure, the car windscreen has cracked.

Donaldo, I hope that your toothache is sorted quickly.

• Just read back. Sorry to hear your news LMH.  Which reminds me: I have my own pre-op tomorrow evening which will consist of further tests, plus discussion on recovery, outcomes etc etc. Still upbeat, and not beaten up...and will beat this!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • evening all,

LMH, really sorry to hear about that.  Tough news.

Donaldo - ouch.  Hope it clears up quickly.

Pammie - what are you using run-walk to build up to?

Wabo - well done on a midweek long run.

Alehouse, when do you go in for the op?  Here's hoping that things go right.

me? 4 and a bit with Tinebeest.  It's been very good to have company. Heaven knows there's a lot of work to be done between now and July.  Signing up is one thing, now it comes to putting it together, one day at a time.  Hip is struggling at the mo.  I think for a time the glute medius gave up, and consequently has got to learn its job again.  I foresee a visit to the KoP, and a good tongue lashing when I get there, for showing up with muscles in such lousy shape.  

That's what signing up for the SLMM does for you.

Cheap at the price, really.

Go carefully all.