Thursday 31st January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - He said I'm going to have a bed with lots of pillows

I knew that your op was upcoming too Alehouse - you're never far from my thoughts.

What:                 swim am/easy run pm
Why:                  supposed to be tri training
Last hard:          running in the head wind wasn't hard - and won't be today
Last rest:           25/1

Yesterday's lyrics were Not The Doctor by Alanis Morissette

Where's birks?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yes, where's Birks?!

5.30 pre-op this evening, which is hopefully a formaility, but you never know. All being well I will then have a slow "long" run of 22 minutes or more. And all being well the first part of the op is Tuesday (5th) where they put me out and take measurements of the prostate and decide where they are to put the radioactive seeds. Those go in on the 15th. And thanks for all your thoughts.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning peeps... just popping in to see if you were hiding Birky.  He's missing from our SOC thread too.  Hope he is OK.

Take it easy out there............. image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning (and hello PSC)

Yes where is birks, hope its just internet problems

Stickless Ahh my run walk Because my running took a nose dive  in nov and December  and part of this month  due to work its what i do whenever i take a  break from running gets  me  back running longer distaces quicker pinching a few ideas from the old coach Van Aaken

and i somehow entered Hastins half on 24th March so i need to up the distance.

How is yourself these days?

Nothing for me tody  going to sleep ad  LMH hope the weather calms then when i have to cycle to work this evening

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    hope all goes well ale, with the upcoming bits and bobs...
    Donaldo - yikes, is that cold air and driving rain good at numbing pain?
    What - either 10 or 11 miles on road (easy), or 9 or 10 on grass (sticky)
    Why - eldest has hockey (8:15-10:00pm), and have time to kill. Grassy run will depend on peripheral lighting (multi loops - 5 circuits - of the sports complex).
    last rest - sunday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - not a scooby

have a great day

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

alehouse, hope all goes well for you

I actually managed my 13 miles last night, felt so tired and sick after but fine today!

what: nothing

why: let legs rest

lasthard: lastnight

last easy: tuesday

have agood un

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Alehouse, I had missed all of that, having been away from the forums for a while. Good luck, keeping everything crossed for you.

Pammie: nothing like a race on the calendar to get you moving!

What: dragging the rucksack around with bottles of water

Why: figuring out what kind of pack I like, better now than on top of the mountain in a few months

Last hard: in a distant past. Must do something about this.

Last rest: I guess today

It is very very good that Stickless has got experience with this sort of thing, so I don't have to make *all* the newbie mistakes. Just a handful will do image
  • Hope it all goes as well as possible Alehouse.

Well done on the evening LSR Wabo.

Hope it's less windy for you this evening Pammie.

Well, still windy here and the run wasn't easy in any respect but I feel better for it.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Good luck Alehouse and well done on the long run!

Wabo - 13 miles - great stuff!

What: 4 miles Cornwall Park - very hot.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

no posts yesterday as went to London after work to wach Fulham ( a rare treat for me)

5.35m and 1.63m yesterday easy runs

5.25m with some sharpening up for Sundays race on the IOW (Ryde 10m)

213m for the month, very happy with that and a good solid start to Marathon Training

Take care all

• Evening!

What: 25 mins slooow. Longest yet. 3.7k in the bag. Slow yet still a bit of a graft.

Hospital was just routine tests, so the real thing appears to start next Tuesday.

Nice long midweek run Wabo!

Decent miles for Jan, RFJ.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening, and good luck to ALehouse.

The only running I did yesterday was running around like a headless chicken.

Today, managed to get a swim done, the usual 64length mile. Double clicked the watch at the start, so missed the first 16 split. After my wettie experience, I decided that I had to work on getting my legs up. I tried hard to focus on this and got foot cramps a few times for my efforts. Times wise, I suppose that it was exactly the same as usual!