2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    AGF well done on the two runs yesterday.

MG1 nice recovery day, I'm looking forward to tomorrow image

Sm6 well done in the wind.

Jason fantastic running that's my LT at the moment.

Teknik nice running.

Fiona great running and past 300 miles for the month is fantastic well done image

SC nice training session, COld baths are a must and make your legs feel great. image

NN great running still not nice out in the wind.

Well just over 7 miles done in gale force winds this morning followed by a cold bathimage
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Fiona nice 6m on the treddie

jason - good thinkingimage

Stewart well done in the gym.  I am planning a few runs at 80%, and when the pace/HR has settled (no drift), I'll notch it up to 83%. If I get a stable pace/HR for 10 miles, I'll notch it up again to 84%.  The last mara I ran 30 secs slower than my Hadd 83% level - this time I'm going to push harder...

MG enjoy the rest

NN another set of awesome progressive splits...image

NP well done in the wind

----

Long run this morning of 19m - 9m on my own on the flat tarmac, 5m with the club on an annoying boggy hill route, then 5m home. Av HR 71%, av 9:33mm.  Quite a tough 3 hrs in the wind and rain.  Decided to take NP's advice and knelt (n.b.) in a cold bath.  After 5 minutes I managed to stop crying...

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Ooh month end

277m (+154m); av HR 73% (unch); av pace 9:20 (-0.37)image

• Thats a Super 19 Miles Tek.  An excellent months training too !!! Well done sir !!

Night Nurse. One word. brilliant !

MG - Enjoy the rest days and then smash the 20 miler image

No Pain - well done on your run. YOu have had a cracking months training. Hope the wrist is OK.

Fiona - 300+ miles = 10 Miles a day average.Those morning 4 milers all add up !! Keep up the good work !!

A small run for me today with Lulu. 

Monthly Stats: 281.73 Miles @ 9.01   Thats at least 50 miles higher than record month previously !!  image

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Teknik fantastic 19 miles and a great months training but you need to sit down in the bathimage

AGF another fantastic months running image
  • Afternoon..

Tek hey !! what a great long run and LOVELY low heart rate well done you !!!image

AGF nice month great running..5 miles more than me and 5 secs average pace quicker than me ..

SM6 I hope its less windy for your 11 today

Stewartc ..it makes a change to do something different a nice varied gym session there

Fiona impressive treadmill run

Jason your plan certainly is coming together

NP do you have a cold bath after EVERY long/hard run ?

6 recovery for me later.

off to collect youngest sons car now its in for a service...I wonder how he will pay for it..image?

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training.

NN,

Hope the service isn't too expensive.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Hope you had a good JS run tonight Stewart, nice and calm out there.

The long runs are all about the right pace MG1, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.image

NN great 14, you're running really well.

Great long run Teknik.

NP nice running, I hope the weather calms down for you.

AGF great stats and 50 miles higher is lots! image

Knee a tiny bit niggly so decided to take tonight off to stretch and foam roll and will do tonight's run tomorrow. It'll be good to start the month with a run rather than a rest day! image

F

• Tek - great long run and a great month of running

AGF - great mileage for the month

NP - nice run, I must try the cold bath treatment! Well maybe..

NN - more great mileage for the month

I am enjoying the rest with legs feeling a bit better.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Tek- nice long run and mileageimage

AGF- good running too

NN- same to you- hope the car isn't too costlyimage

Fiona- hope the rest and roller have done the jobimage

Ended the month quietly here too with a couple of sloooow recovery runs

Monthly stats: 454.41m in 58.21.09 (7.42 av) Nearly 50m down on last year, but quite a bit quicker- not training for an ultra this year!image

• Jason - Nice running last nightimage

Tek - Great running the past 2 days. You're gonna be in great shape come marathon time. Nice totals for the monthimage

Fiona - Well done on the treddy 6, rest day today sounds wise!

MG - Good luck with the LSR

AGF - Mighty running this month, mateimage

NN - Thats a good strong 14, and again, a great months running!

NP - Well done on the run in terrible conditions!

--------------

11.35 miles @ 9.35 for me today, felt good until the last mile and a bit when the heavens opened and the wind picked up! Rather glad I woke up 2 hours earlier than originally plannedimage

Assuming I've loaded all my runs for the month onto Fetch, thats 166.3 miles @ 9.20 ave for me in January. Not too bad as I barely ran in December, and only decided I was doing a spring mara 2 weeks ago.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

NN is mum and dad payingimage enjoy your run.

Jason snap two easy runs today here as well great month of running for you sirimage 

SM6 Great running and a nice total for the monthimage

Wind dropped for the second run of the day but the heavens openedimage total stats for the month are: Run miles 351.62 avg pace 7:39 time 44:51:55 Swim 7.01 miles image got to be happy with thatimage Rest day  tomorrow.

• NP that is seriously impressive mileage and pace, good for you !!! Oh yes forgot about your swimming..
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Great stats jason, Stuart and NP. image

For me 300.32 miles image (how the heck did that happen!?) ,40:48:44 av pace 8:09mm. Also did some weights. image

F

• NN, A cracking progressive run and for a low HR

NP, Wouldn't have thought a cold bath would be needed in that cold wind yesterday image, great swiming and runing totals for the month, enjoy your rest day

Tek, another good run and totals for the month well done

AGF, some more good stats for the month well done

Fiona, hope the foam rolling does the trick, hope the run tomorrow goes well, great stats for the month and a very good pace

MG1, Glad the legs are on the mend

Jason, awesome mileage

SM6, another good run and totals for the month

10 miles for me tonight 3 miles to the gym and 7 with JS, ran an extra mile with another member as she want to get to 100 for the month, so being the galant lad that I am I said I would keep her company.

My stats for the month:

213 miles in 38:28:xx @ 10:51 77%

185 miles in 34:26:xx @ 11:11 75%(Dec)

• Fiona Fantastic stats for the month image

SC great stats for the month and very gallant sir image

Rest day today so 54x25m front crawl first time no pain in the wrist but a bit stiff after image will get out later for an easy recovery run. I have that 10k trail race that has been rescheduled for tomorrow so will do it as a training session and see how I get on.
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF great month's total - well done on a new record!

NP lol. Nice double yesterday and a great month's tally (quicker than jason?imageimage). Good luck for the race tomorrow.

NN well done on the recovery run. Hope the service wasn't too costly!

HM thanks

Fiona hope the knee's better.  Wow 300m!

MG good luck on tomorrow's 20

Jason huge, huge total. Great running image

Stuart nice 11m yesterday and well done on building back the miles

Stewart nice 10 miles yesterday, and a good month's total too.

---

My legs are mashed after yesterday's 19, plus massage and (too) hot yoga this morning (I was late and had to stand by the fire).  Nearly CBAd but managed a very stiff-legged 4m recovery this afternoon.

• I would like to congartulate you all on your monthly mileages and totals. Some very high totals and very good speeds. Brilliant work Everyone. 

Teknik - get those compression tights on to sort them legs !! image

Good swimming NP - good to hear about the wrist..

stewart - I assume Galant = shes good looking !! image

A jog this morning and a faster run this afternoon so looking forward to a fish supper !!

• Stewart - Great total for the month!image

NP - Nice swimmimg

Tek - Well done on getting out

AGF - Well done on the 2 runs, enough your dinnerimage

---------

Legs are pretty achey today so non-running day, went to the gym instead. Weighed myself, and my weight seems to have risen this week, but I'm not concerned as I don't think that's completely right.

Parkrun is cancelled tomorrowimage So 10 miles or so on my lonesome in the morning. Maybe throw in some tempo if my legs feel upto it.

• Teknik watch you don't burn your bum on the fireimage well done with the recovery run.

AGF I thought the same lolimage great two runs enjoy your fish supper.

SM6 enjoy your 10 mile run and well done on the weights.

6 mile recovery run this afternoon.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

It's not worth putting up my mileage total as it's under 10 miles for the month however it's miles on the board.

• Nice stats Stewart. image

Fantastic that the wrist was a bit better NP, it's certainly long overdue! image

Teknik I think I'd fall asleep if lying on a yoga mat next to a fire - sounds great! image

AGF I hope the fish supper was good. image

Stuart if the legs are achey take care on going too fast in tomorrow's run.

Miles are miles HM4 and you can build on that in February whereas the rest of us might be back a bit with it being a short month! imageimage

Did a 6 mile run today and although I can still feel the knee all the time it was fine when running so will just carry on with the stretching and foam roller and training. image

Hope everyone has a good weekend of running and racing, enjoy the trail race NP.image

F

• There was some serious mileage run during Jan thats for sure.

NP impressive swim miles too, good luck for your race...and yes mum paid, but of course he will pay me back...I wont hold my breath...lol

Stewartc what a gent getting that extra mile with that lady..your mileage is creeping up too

AGF enjoy that fish supper ..when is Brighton ?

SM6 its probably muscle don't fret over a few pounds

Tek not surprise your legs are tired after yesterday 19 well done on getting a 4 mile recovery done

HM4 10 miles is more than 99%   of the population have run..nice well done

Fiona..it HAPPENED  because you are motivated , fantastic running indeed

I Had a lovely hilly windy 11 miler late afternoon on one of my favourite routes, its been too dark to run that route recently when I get up, but it looks as if the days are gradually getting longer..I had to peg it a bit the last couple miles as it seemed to suddenly draw in and I had no head torch..

11 miles in 1.40 ave hr 72% nice and low so pleased considering the hills and wind

• Well done night nurse, especially for beating my jan mileage image

Fiona, watch that knee and take some cut back soon. Less is sometimes more image

Stuart, you have more muscles image
  • AGF WHEN IN BRIGHTON ?????

lol I wrote it in capitals as you didn't spot it last time..my son is doing the half there in 2 weeks I take it the marathon is later as you don't appear to be tapering 

• Lol, sorry night nurse. Brighton is 14th April. So 10 weeks I think. This means only 6 weeks of proper training when you take into account taper and a week in the sun for my wife's birthday. Good luck to your sun.
  • The week in the sun will be a nice recovery week for you..what will you do will lulu ?

My son is hoping for under 1.35..its really annoying, this time last year he couldnt keep up with me, today I get a text saying he has just done 41 min 10k training run...oh to be 31 years old ...lol

• Had intended a pool swim following work after my SLOW "wooden legged" 5.5 miles with JS last night, but work had other ideas.image
    Weekend off now ...image

No month count for me (I never do!) but some impressive totals around image

AmGettingFitter (AGF) wrote (see)

stewart - I assume Galant = shes good looking !! image

LOL

• I am hoping the sun may help too image Lulu with be with the sister/brother in law. We have had lots of folk offer to look after her image

I think you have 1:35 in your locker NN image. Just point your sun to your WAVA and sit back with wry satisfactionimage. Great to hear he has improved tho. Bet your proud of his improvement...
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

I think a short month for you guys would be equivalent to about 6 weeks training as looking over previous years the max I've done in a month is about 45.

NN,

I know that should be the point however I've not even done 10 miles it's only been about 6.5 miles but I had only ran for 4 days.