Friday 1st February 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - This could be the very minute

What:                rest or 30 minutes easy
Why:                 it's Friday
Last hard:         last year
Last rest:          25/1

Yesterday's lyrics were Mountains by Emeli Sande.

Enjoy the chocolate bar of your choice!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning! Was just about to post my lyrics: at least I would have known them!

What: rest or a decent walk

Why: being careful. QofP tonight.

Got a heavy cold which suddenly came on at the hospital last night: need to get rid of it before I'm back there on Tuesday.

No chocolate for me, thanks!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all
    RFJ - not often you see "Fulham" and "treat" in the same sentence...good win though..
    lyric - dont think so

Right here is your Friday teaser: what constitutes a double? two runs in the same day , or two runs in the same 24 hours?
    Only ask as last night eldest had hockey - I did 10.35miles on the fields/paths around the sports complex, finished at 10pm. Home, shower and bed by 10.45. Up at 5, quick toast and tea, train, and running in from Waterloo at 7 (albeit just a couple of miles).
    So two runs 9 hours apart...then it got me thinking: I sometimes train in the (earlier) evening and run the following morning , so about 11hrs apart. When I have done traditional doubles before, I would run before work (finish at 6) and run in the evening (at around 7pm), 13 hours apart...
    I guess it makes no odds, as long as the miles are done, speaking of which , about 185 for January , most I can remember for the first month, I guess I ought to find a marathon then...
    what - see above, cpl easy
    why - see above, mlr yesterday
    last rest - sunday
    last hard - seeing thru the trees last night
    chocolate - possibly the cake variety from the canteen. Pastry chef knows how to bake...
    have a lovely weekend

• Hi all. Crazy week here. Hence the catch up post.

Didn't run very much as work took over my world a bit. Got out after work on Tuesday for some attempts at 400m and some more sprint starts. I really am bad at this sprinting stuff. Something to work on. Rest day Wed, easy 35mins Thurs and easyish 60mins today.

Tomorrow is first day of sprint racing. Not expecting anything except a new experience. Looking forward to it. 100m at 1.30pm and 400m at 2.40pm.

Dustin - I wouldn't call it a double. But I would take the same approach to making sure I'd had enough food and rest between the two regardless.

Will go read back now
  • Morning all. Can anyone advise on how to switch my imagination on? I can't think of anything to say.

Lyrics: No

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

RW - think of all the things you'd like to do this weekend....let the imagination run and run...
    before the other half tells you what you will be doing this weekend...I can guarantee the two aren't the same.

• RW: any training going on, races planned, injuries or man-flu to report?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - glad to hear yesterdays pre-op went well.  Fingers crossed for next week for you.

tinebeest - good luck with the rucksack thing.  I hate hate hate wearing one while running, but for when I absolutely have to I've got an Osprey Talon.

• What: 50 minutes walk in pleasant sunshine, off road. Wind has dropped.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

alehouse sounds like a nice walk hope you left that cold out there!

dustin I call a double two in the same day

what: 3-4 miles to loosen legs later

why: I should

last hard: weds

last easy: yesterday

racing tomorrow flat 5 will be interesting but a pb is doubtful!

have a lovely weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon everyone.

What: Running home from work tonight.
    Why: Not run since Monday. Did manage a skipping/kick fit class at the gym yesterday. Feeling it in my legs!
    Last hard: Monday in the rain.
    Last rest: Tuesday, Wednesday.
    Lyrics: Nope.

• M. wrote (see)

Didn't run very much as work took over my world a bit. Got out after work on Tuesday for some attempts at 400m and some more sprint starts. I really am bad at this sprinting stuff. Something to work on. Rest day Wed, easy 35mins Thurs and easyish 60mins today.

Tomorrow is first day of sprint racing. Not expecting anything except a new experience. Looking forward to it. 100m at 1.30pm and 400m at 2.40pm.

x 2, M ...   two of the girls I work with are off and to cover the work of 3 on me own is hardcore. Good luck at the sprint event tomorrow image

what: 17 miles with 8 @ MP done this morning before work image
    why: going away this WE, which means I did my 6 runs in 5 days, including Sunday's LSR ...
    last hard: this friggin' week
    last rest: 21/1
    lyrics: no

217 miles for Jan. - about 47 short due to illness but not too shabby all things considered.

Here's hoping for a quiet week next week. I'm proper knackered!

• Afternoon

Welcome to my world Chick

We will be snowed under  at work (not literally) holidays to fit in one of with a broken wrist i can't fit it all in least i'm allowed to carry it over  it will be tight  to get all that is expected of us. Store manager leaving and a new one coming in don't know if there will still be a night team trying to keep positive

Good luck tomorrow M

anyhow run

What: 3½ mile cycle, sleep 5.91 mile run walk another cycle to work
    Why: gettin training and a stone to lose
    Last Hard: last night
    Lyrics i have no idea

• Go for it M!

Pammie - no point stressing about something you can't influence, harder to do than to say though I know.

Chickadeee - that is some serious training!

5 miles with Grace for me. Just finished with work now (though will have to do an hour or two over the weekend as usual) but looking forward to an Indian this evening image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening you lot

A week off due to my niece staying and not wanting to disturnb her when going running in morning

Lyrics: Nope.

Need to catch up.

• What: Had intended a swim (in the pool) but didn't finish work until lateimage
    Why: Felt very stiff and slow on Thursday's JS run
    Last Hard: As above. Only 5.5 miles.
    Don't quite know why I felt quite so wooden leggedimage
    Last rest: today (physically)

Off for weekend now before another long stint on call.

Entered Tesco "5k" next Sunday.
    May get to it but still on call then so depends on work being quiet, although route actually passes hospital.
    Anyone got a Tshirt with "I could eat a horse" or similar image

Few flakes of snow again today but nothing settling. Blue skies.
    Big winds due to hit on Monday again.

Chickadee - hardcore stuff again (the running! and before work!)

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

lack of imagination... go for a run... always helps...

6.25m for me

Busy weekend, LSR tomorrow with parkrun in the middle somewhere and then Ryde 10m on the IOW on Sunday, oh not forgetting the fact I have a night shift on Sat night too.....

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

good luck M tomorrow (today?)
    super training chicka...17 before work? hardcore.... 

• definitely today now.  just a couple of hours away (eeek)

chickadeee - 17 miles before work is seriously hardcore!! I think I'd spend the rest of the day asleep.

• Enjoy today, M! After all that's what its really about!

RFJ/Dustin: night shifts! I used to do those at one time. They make doubles very confusing. My definition would be two runs between sleeps.

QofP was pleased with progress; indeed she feels there have been big strides, so to speak, over the last 10 days. But no, I won't be doing 17 miles before work tomorrow, or any other day, Chick.

• Another non-stop day here, ironically on a day that my diary stated "working from home". All morning reading techy documents then doing an on-line test. This apparently makes me a competent person. Mad panic, hour's drive to client meeting for the afternoon. Dash home.
    Run (YES!) 6.6 miles, and I must still have been on a caffeine high. Flew round it at 7:25 pace.
    Dinner, choir practice, and then into the garage to fiddle with the bike. Repeated the wheel bearing investigation (having had sleep and further reading). Properly cleaned it up this time. The bike is barely a year old, and the inside of a bearing is rusty. One of those "AHA" moments. The jury is out on the cost of repair....