North Devon runs

My wife and i will be moving to North Devon in the next month, near Hartland village, i fully intend to buy the relevant OS map but i was wondering if anyone could recommend a couple of good runs? say a five mile and a longer one?

thanks!

Comments

• The coast path is all really nice. Good and hilly.image

• North Devon is the best place in the world to run; but only if you like hills. I would suggest you get the mountain biking maps published by 'Goldeneye'; yes I know they are bike routes but in my experience they work just as well as running routes they are widely available (bike shops, petrol stations etc.). The Tarka Trail is great and flat but can be a pain in the arse if it is busy. Nearly all the people who use it are great and share the trail. But the tiny minority who don't share are a real pain. Northam Burrows and the beach (near Westward Ho!) image. Braunton Burrows is great but Northam Burrows is nearer to you! I live to the west of Exmoor and could give you a thousand routes near me. Must do races round here, Torrington Christmas Caper and any race organised by the Minehead Running Club. You will love it down here if you like trail running Exmoor, Dartmoor were made for it. Otherwise hmmm

• Excellent races organized by Bideford AAC. Half-marathon, 10K, and 10 miler, all flat, scenic courses. Also Parkruns recently started in Barnstaple at Rock Park. The Braunton 10 miler in January is also recommended, tough, hilly course and challenging in weather conditions such as those we had this year-strong wind and floods !!

• Ploddersoftheworldunite wrote (see)

Excellent races organized by Bideford AAC. Half-marathon, 10K, and 10 miler, all flat, scenic courses. Also Parkruns recently started in Barnstaple at Rock Park. The Braunton 10 miler in January is also recommended, tough, hilly course and challenging in weather conditions such as those we had this year-strong wind and floods !!

I agree; there are some great clubs and races round here, I can't mention them all! But the Minehead Clubs races stand out (I am not a member) as does the Caper!