Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

•  Mathschick, a new Bathroom sounds exciting. I hate mould and we seem to be getting a lot of it since we had the cavity wall insulation. Its round the windows, mind you they need replacing as they were years old when we moved in. As for weight, I am always shocked on Supersize versus Superskinny as they only seem to put 4-7lb on in 8 weeks. I could do that in 2 weeks easy.image

• I hate spending the money on the house though when there are exciting holidays to be had....but sometimes living conditions come first! we have just been through the bathroom cabinets and thrown away all the stuff that has been there for years without being used....

• February
    3 AF - Chichester 10k

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.
    Eckytump - Fradley 10k
    10 AF - Worthing 20
    24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k

April
    7 Mathschick - Sussex Marathon (ok, looking very unlikely now, but maybe I will back running and able to drop down to the half mara)
    12th Franny - Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half Marathon
    Loula - Compton 40
    14 AF - Brighton Marathon
    21 Eckytump - London Marathon
    21 Mathschick - David LLoyd Sprint Triathlon
    25/26 Chilibean - 100 mile Cycle to Cambridge & Back over 2 days
    27 Mathschick - 5k swimathon

May
    5 Mathschick - Southwell Sprint Triathlon
    6 Chilibean - 5k Radlett Rotary Run leading Rosedale Runners
    Byeck & Loula - North Downs Way 50
    26th Franny - Edinburgh Marathon

June
    2 Chilibean - Half Iroman Outlaw Triathlon
    22 Byeck - Giants Head Marathon
    22 Mathschick - Dambuster Standard distance triathlon

July
    22 Mathschick - Woodhall Spa Sprint triathlon
    23 Mathschick - great Notts bike ride

August
    Loula - pacer for another runner in his 100 miles
    24 Loula - Ridgeway 85
    24 Chilibean - Thames Meander Marathon

• Please look over the above list. Have I got everything right? Have I missed anyone? That is an impressive list for the CRAC Team. Wow! We are certainly not beginners any longer image

I had planned a family bike ride to a park. But despite the sunshine it was only 2C with a bitter wind. So we went swimming instead image Am very pleased with my week of training.

• seeing as our Rocker is otherwise engaged i can vouch that he is in NDW50

• Wow Chilli, thats an impressive list. Thats more races than we have ever had on here.

• I'll just put me back in image.  Is it because I didn't eat all my cake? 

February

3 AF - Chichester 10k

22 Louise - Abras 10k

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.

Eckytump - Fradley 10k

10 AF - Worthing 20

24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k

30 Louise - Two Oceans (Cape Town) 56k

April

7 Mathschick - Sussex Marathon (ok, looking very unlikely now, but maybe I will back running and able to drop down to the half mara)

12th Franny - Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half Marathon

Loula - Compton 40

14 AF - Brighton Marathon

21 Eckytump - London Marathon

21 Mathschick - David LLoyd Sprint Triathlon

25/26 Chilibean - 100 mile Cycle to Cambridge & Back over 2 days

27 Mathschick - 5k swimathon

May

5 Mathschick - Southwell Sprint Triathlon

6 Chilibean - 5k Radlett Rotary Run leading Rosedale Runners

Byeck & Loula - North Downs Way 50

26th Franny - Edinburgh Marathon

June

2 Chilibean - Half Iroman Outlaw Triathlon

22 Byeck - Giants Head Marathon

22 Mathschick - Dambuster Standard distance triathlon

July

22 Mathschick - Woodhall Spa Sprint triathlon

23 Mathschick - great Notts bike ride

August

Loula - pacer for another runner in his 100 miles

24 Loula - Ridgeway 85

24 Chilibean - Thames Meander Marathon

• Morning all!

Morning Louise! I'm sure it was an oversight! How are you this morning?

Well, an impressive list indeed. image Feel a bit sad that I can't race, or train.....etc. Hubby has had a couple of interviews but no luck with a job yet.  Until my load is lightened I can't see myself training more than twice a week. image Woke up with a blocked nose and a wheezy chest so I may have another day off and try for a run tomorrow.  It's a shame that when I can run I'm under the weather. Daughter doesn't want to go swimming training this morning either.  Her stomach muscles hurt.  I think she might have overdone it this week with 2 days double training.image

Anyway, enough moaning! It's a very sunny day and weather forecast says it may reach 19C. Haven't had much snow this year. (Last year we had weeks of the stuff!) Going to a late breakfast at m-i-l later. Hubby is pruning nectarine trees at the mo. 

Have a good day everybody!

• morning

Jude - racing isn't important, getting out when you can and enjoying it is far more important. (well, after the family but that goes without saying), so do what you can, enjoy it and tick over until circumstances change

off to a triathlon training day today - the theme is nutrition and injury prevention, need to try and get my bike and swiss ball in the car...imagemight have to try to find the thing that takes the plug out of the swiss ball so I can deflate it to fit it in

• MOOOOOORNING

Awwwwwwww Louise, I'm sure it's not on purpose although next time young lady, you must eat ALL your cake image. I would have left it too though if it was far to sweet. I'm not sure if I would have managed it all either. 56k, wow thats some distance.

Jude, you will soon be back into it. I know what its like for life to get in the way. I was so determined to do my 40 races but it's not going to happen so I need to think of plan B for my Big Birthday.

Hi Mathschick, enjoy your training day. I agree to about spending money on the house instead of Holidays. We are not having one this year as we have so much work that needs doing urgently. Its not even for just cosmetic reasons so cant really avoid it.

Right I better get ready for my run with my teamie. Have a great day everyone.

• MC - hope you are having fun at your training day and Ecky - hope you had a good run.

Well, it's t-shirt weather here! It's at least 22C and we have been in the garden - very strange but nice!

• Hi Jude, Thanks. Im just back from just over 7 with my friend. We had a lovely run along the canal and chatted all the way. I know I should be up to 12-13 on the weekends by now but things just keep getting in the way image

I wish it was warm here, its freezing.

• Afternoon

Wonder how the Boss got on at his 10k race Speedy as ever I bet and a PB ?

Enjoy training day MC yay come to Edinburgh we could have a crac outing at the rock and roll

Ecky good going with your training

I went out and did my 4miles as per schedule but again faster than it stated lol it just felt right to run at that pace image

Jude. Your lucky to have warm sunshine imagehope hubby gets a job soon

Hope everyone is having a good day
  • Afternoon,

Sadly yet again I failed to break 45 minutes - 45.30 this time (mile 4 was too slow at 7.42 for some reason). Never mind.

As many of you know I am doing the Brighton Marathon and have just launched my Just Giving page. I have been in contact with Ecky to explain as to why, for this race I have decided to support Macmillian as a charity.Sadly over the last coupled of months two well known people linked to Sussex Cricket have died of cancer as well as someone I know of via work. As I have already supported Cancer Reseacrh in the past I thought I would support Macmillan this time. I will still make donations to Camerons' smile as and when I can. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Fabby Charity Boss. Do you have the link so I can sponsor you. Yeeeeeeeeey you is doing a Marafun. Sorry I didn't realise you were racing this weekend. That's a brilliant time too.

Thanks Franny and well done on your run.

I just want to say that I am so grateful for the support I have for Cameron's Smile but I dont want anyone to ever feel bad for supporting other Charities. I am just happy that I have made such amazing friends on here image

• 40 minutes cycling - thigh nearly cramped after 35 minutes, but I dropped the resistence and took it easier.  100 rpm cadence consistently through the whole thing, and covered 20km on a random (i.e. simulated hilly) route.  Which I'm pretty pleased with.

• Well done Mr By Eck, you should be pleased with that image

• Eckytump link is on Facebook - not sure I know how to put one on here!
  • Opps! I am so very sorry Louise. It was a genuine oversight. Thank you for putting yourself back in image

AF - sounds good. Well done on your race even if you didn't get the time you wished.

Rest day for me today. Have trained 6 days this week which is pretty good for me. Hoping I'm now strong and fit enough to do so each week. Spread between bike, swim, run, pilates, bit of weights.

• Thanks Boss. I saw it was on there so will do it asap.

Chilli, sounds like you deserve a rest. I need to very my training again as I'm only running at the moment. I may get a fitness dvd so I can do stuff at home as I just dont have the time to go to any classes.

I finally got my CRB sorted for the running group that I lead. I am wondering about setting up group up at the school for parents as I am now insured to go off on my own. It will just be voluntary and I wont be charging, I just want to help others run and feel fabby.

• well done boss!! thats a fab time -still faster than i can ever do lol!!

• boss - well done that is a brilliant timeimage

training day was good but I am a bit tired now. Don't want to miss the club swim tonight though, I think I need to be doing a coached session each week and it is the only chance I get to go to a coached session. Have eaten a good meal though so that should fuel me through the swim and then hopefully I will get a good sleep tonight, monday already tomorrowimage

• AF - well done, Boss! Brilliant time as usual!image

MC - well done on doing your training day and then doing a swim!

Chili - well done on your 6 days training!

Mr By'eck - well done on your bike session!

Franny  - well done on your fast 4 miles!

Gosh, lots of well dones! Sorry if I've missed anyone!

We are taking it easy here in the Yazicilar household as it seems I've 'shared' with all my kids though hubby is still sneeze free. image

Have a good evening! x

• Ecky - Well done on your cold 7 miler.  How many weeks do you have left before your marathon?

• 6 miles for me. The batteries on my torch started to go, I forgot a water bottle and my socks were rubbing. So I decided to come home and run tomorrow
  • Oh No Jude, I hope everyone is better soon.

By Eck well done on your 6 miler. I hope your feet are not too bad.

• by eck, well done on getting out even if you had planned longer, 6 miles is good

Jude - typical, being ill in the holidays. Wish we had your warm weather!

• Here's something to send you to bed smiling.  Sumo solo?!  OUCH!  Haha image

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=208398102637079

• Hello all image

Jude, sorry to hear you are poorly.

I feel deeply ashamed after reading about everyone's achievements in the cold weather...AF - fantastic time.  I dream of my first sub 60min 10k (hoping to crack that one this month). 

MC - respect - doing all that training and then going for a swimming session, and Chili, well done on a 6 day training week - wow.  By 'eck, 6 miles in the cold...it rained here a bit on Saturday and I wimped out of a time trial run.  How will I cope with UK weather image.

I am staying with friends on and off until I move to London in April.  My lovely flatmate bought some kind of poppyseed cake and left it out for me this morning.  I looked at it resolutely, ate my normal toast / cheese breakfast.  And then demolished the cake.  Glad that's over with.

But I did manage a 12k 'easy' run yesterday evening, so getting into the swing of the final 8 week training for TO.  45 mins easy hills today.  This is a challenge, becaue Dubai is FLAT FLAT FLAT.  I am reduced to finding long flyovers to run up and down and it's really boring (but not cold).