Overpronate in one foot - stability shoe?

I over pronate (not extreme) in my left foot while my right foot is neutral. Should I get a neutral shoe or a stability/support shoe?

Comments

• sweat shop did my shoe fitting, i slightly overpronate in my right foot , but they advised i got nuetral , and they are comfy so far. 

my previous shoes were supports, which i thought would help but i ended up with more aches, got proper advice and now much happier feet

but that is my feet image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Khanivore wrote (see)
    I over pronate (not extreme) in my left foot while my right foot is neutral. Should I get a neutral shoe or a stability/support shoe?

No. Either swop your feet around or take up golf.

🙂

• Is there not a case here for orthtic inserts? Expensive potentially though.

• RicF what?

Egyptian I thought about that but was hoping to avoid it due to expense. I was wondering what the impact of what wearing support shoes for neutral runners is.
  • stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

What are your current shoes, and have you had any aches & pains with them?

I guess if you don't need support then the firmer medial post in a mild support shoe could feel uncomfortable under you arch, leading possibly to ankle or knee discomfort.

I was told I was neutral when I had a gait analysis but have always run in shoes with some support (previously Asics 2000 series, but now Saucony Mirage) as I didn't have any problems when running in them.

• Thanks Stu - that's the kind of experience I was hoping to hear about. I am running in support shoes. I do have aches in one leg. Problem is I am not sure if they are due to the shoes or something else. They started suspiciously soon after my first half marathon but i was wearing a new shoe also which i had less than 100 miles on. I ran the race much faster than I thought I would hence the uncertainty regarding whether it is shoe related or just from pushing too hard.