Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Morning All

Hi Louise...enjoy your hilly run..lol...yes sounds pretty boring...hills are hard enough but they are better if real image Enjoy

Well done AF on your speedy time..very very fast..sen your link and will sponsor you..

Get well soon Jude.

Off to work i go.......byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Morning all!

Just checking in. 

We may be off to the cinema today....Still too wheezy to run....but enjoying having no work.image

Have a good day. x

• Thanks everyone for their nice words.....still frustrated that I seem to be unable to post a sub 45 minute 10k. Will try again when I next do a 10k in May.

No running today...but aiming for an epic tomorrow morning.

Well done on all those who have been out on the roads yesterday and today.

• Fly overs! That must certainly take some determination.

My week has started well with a bike ride this morning. Bit windy but lovely sunshine. Am hoping to make it a double and do a run this eve.

Jude - enjoy your hols image Hope you are all feeling better.

• Hiya,

AF great race.Only just out,so you'll break 45 soon i'm sure.The most likely time will be about 4-5 weeks after your marathon,when you still have all that training in your legs.That's when i got my PB.And it gives you something to focus on post marathon.Try and find a flat,fast race and smash that barrier.

I hope you all didn't the Van Halen song and associated video too sexist,but it did seem kind of appropriate.

Loads of racing coming up this year by the looks of it.Another busy year in CRAC Towers.

I'm afraid my running plans were scuppered by an awful cold which i woke up with yesterday morning.Instead of jumping out of bed as intended,and putting on my running shoes,i crawled off in my slippers searching for some Beachams.I took today off work as i feel awful,and i don't want to repeat last year,when a nasty virus piggybacked in on a cold virus that i tried to soldier on with,and temporarily weakened my heart.I couldn't run properly for ages,and it was 4 months before i was back to normal.

I will try and get back out next weekend.I have no definate races to aim for yet,but i am itching to get going.

• Hiya,Mr Chilli that's brilliant but Ouchie indeed.

Louise, well done on your run and eating all your cake image.

Hi Franny

Boss you should still be really chuffed.

Chilli well done on your bike ride and running later too, that's some dedication.

Awww D.J sorry that you have an awful cold. I hope you feel better soon.

Running later with the Dance Mums and then a longer run tomorrow.

• DeeJay8 wrote (see)

I'm afraid my running plans were scuppered by an awful cold which i woke up with yesterday morning.Instead of jumping out of bed as intended,and putting on my running shoes,i crawled off in my slippers searching for some Beachams.I took today off work as i feel awful,and i don't want to repeat last year,when a nasty virus piggybacked in on a cold virus that i tried to soldier on with,and temporarily weakened my heart.I couldn't run properly for ages,and it was 4 months before i was back to normal.

The ol' one-two, eh?  Yep - I had something like that a few years back (before I took up running) which resulted in a really bad lack of energy and bouts of light-headedness.  5k?  I could barely manage a couple of circuits round a room on a horse's head-on-a-stick to entertain my nephew!  That took ages to go away and I hope it never comes back!

Hope you get well soon anyway. image

Dumbells will be here in a few days so will be pumping some real iron, as opposed to using a machine.  It'll be interesting to see what the differences are as far as results go. image

• Afternoon

Back from work and went out for my sheduled 4 mile run which were done in the wind,rain,halistones ,snow and a bit of sun...lol.....I am mad mad mad but feel a great sense of acheivement at getting out there and not wimping out.image

deejay...hope you feel better soon and your cold goes away.

Enjoy your run kater Ecky

Boss..enjoy your rest day and yes you still should be chuffed wiv your time but I know how frustrating it must be for you as you are almost there and can taste the glory of that sub 45.

Jude..hope the cinema was good and that you feel better soon too.

Have a good evening everyone

• I'm finally back from walking all the girls home from our kids club. We pick them up from school, snd walk them home after. Its a good couple of miles by the time we get home. I'm hoping for a run when Mr by eck gets home. It is very cold out but my jacket is nicely warm
  • evening all

franny - well done on getting out in the bad weather, it does feel good when you get back in thoughimage

DJ - sorry to hear you are feeling ill, take care

RR - have fun with the weights!

• Goodness Franny! That is quite some weather. But I do understand the feeling.

I have managed my double today. 5 mile run this evening. I think I should get a sticker!image

And today my big girl (10) helped me for the first time with my lunchtime Bible club (for 5-7yr olds). She was lovely and I feel strangly emotional that we worked together for the first time.

Byeck & Ecky hope you enjoy your runs.

• /members/images/624201/Gallery/sticker_0.gif

well done chili

lovely that your big girl helped out

• Well done Chilli, yes that sticker is well deserved. Awwww, how lovely that your Big Girl is following in your footsteps. You are bringing them up to be as lovely and caring as you and Mr Chilli are.

Had a really nice little run with the Dance Mums. Two of them are really steaming ahead now which is brilliant. I stayed behind with a lovely lady who has just started running again.

I am so proud of my Big Girl too. They had the opportunity to meet with some newly qualified Paediatricians. She told them all about Cammie and what he had and although they had heard of it they didn't know much about it so she told them. They said that if she puts her experience on applications then it will help her as she has experience first hand. She is working so hard now to get really good grades.

• imageMorning Crac Towers image

5 hilly miles tody as per plan image and we have freezing snow and an icy cold wind...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aw Chilli..that is wonderful of your big girl..you must be such a proud mummy.

Hellooooooooooooo everyone else....careful running out there guys

• Oh and you must be aproud mummy  too Ecky.......your girl sounds lovely but wiith a mum like you i am not surpised image

• Morning Franny. I must admit I though she had gone off the idea but they seemed to give her a bit more confidence. We have freezing snow too so paths are a bit slippy in places so I may go this afternoon.

Morning everyone.

• ecky - your girl is a credit to you too, you must be so proud, hope she gets the grades she needs when the time comes

woke up with my throat feeling like sandpaper, so haven't done any exercise yet. Got parents evening for my little boy tonight - he does work very hard so it should be a good oneimage

• DJ-Hope you get better soon. I hope you are right as I have a 10k planned 3-4 weeks after my Marathon at Bognor Regis so should be flat.

RR-Enjoy your dumbells! I have some weights in the garage that I should dig out. Mrs AF finds them annoying sitting by the sofa in the sitting room so they haven't been used for ages.

Chilli-Well done on your bike and run yesterday. A duathalon! Both you and Ecky deserve to be proud mummys.

Franny-Good on you in getting out in the elements over the last couple of days. A bit chilli down here,but, no snow thankfully.

Well I went out at 7.40 am and returned just before 10 after running 16.3 miles my longest ever- but, still a long way off a marathon. Seems scary that I would still have had to run another 9.9 miles. 

• Gett better soon MC

AF...wow 16.3 miles..fantastic on your longest ever run...well done....How do you feel ?

Am just about to head off to work...sun has come out here now so the snow on the pavements has melted..thank goodness

Have a good afternoon and evening all

• Franny-A bit achey and worring where I will find the other 10 miles!! My pace was about 8.38 minute miles so need to slow down a tad when I go for "just a little bit further" next week!

• Great running AF! And Franny

Thanks for my sticker MC image Hope your throat is better soon.

Ecky - your daughter is a real credit to you.

Forcast here was for snow but none so far. Some lovely sunshine but a really cold high wind.

Swam 1 mile today. Have had my lunch but am still sooooo hungry.

• boss!! thats amazing ! brill! you are gonna be great at the mara !

hi franny sis, hope you arnt too chilly up there in sunny scotland-hope the sun is warm when i get to you for our visitimage well done on your chilly run!

• Evening all!

Chili - well done on your mile in the pool and it's lovely your big girl can help you at Sunday school.

AF - Wow! Well done on your longest run ever!! I'm sure you'll have no trouble with a marathon, as your weekly mileage is already high.

DJ - get well soon!

Ecky - Hope your daughter gets the grades she needs. It's great she has a such a worthwhile goal to work towards.

Franny - well done on your cold hilly run.

Hi to everybody else!

I managed 4 surprisingly fairly quick miles this evening without too much spluttering. image Kids went swimming despite their snotty noses (mmm nice!) so I thought I couldn't wimp out.

Anyway, just off for a bit of fruit cake cooked by daughter this afternoon, using an apparently fool-proof recipe.  We shall see......image

Have a good evening. x

•  

Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

RR-Enjoy your dumbells! I have some weights in the garage that I should dig out. Mrs AF finds them annoying sitting by the sofa in the sitting room so they haven't been used for ages.

I wish I had a garage - then all my gym stuff could live in there, and I could get a heavy bag to hang from a beam as well - whacking a heavy bag is a great cardiovascular excercise, and not a bad stress-buster either. image

• evening, what a long day. Throat not too bad despite a long day teaching, revision session after school then little one's parents evening, so will get up and turbo in the morning

boss - well done on your run. If you slow down a bit it will be easier to run further

we had quite a bit of snow today but it hasn't settled, even the kids are fed up with it!

• MC - get well soon and well done on surviving your busy day.  Turbo in the morning? Gosh you never stop! Hope you are resting now.

• Morning all image

Yet another sunny day in Dubai...

Jude, good to hear you are out and about again.  Chilli, a 1 mile swim is so impressive.  It would take me hours!  Triathalon is out for meimage.

AF well done on your run; don't worry about the extra 9.9 miles, each one builds on the last.  I found compression socks a huge help with recovery time.  Although not pretty.

Training has almost normalised now post-marathon - after my 45 minutes of  easy 'flyover' running on Monday, managed the whole session of intervals with running club, feeling quite good.  Forgot to list an event I am in on the weekend - it's the Wadi Bih relay.  Teams of 5 run 75k in a dry riverbed in Oman.  I am with the 'Purple Ladies', running for Pancreatic Cancer awareness so I get to run about 14 - 15 dusty kilometres in a tutu image.

• Morning

Glad your back to post mara running Louise...and good luck with the dusty 15k at the weekend...a very worthy cause indeed.

AF...you are going to be just fine and will manage the extra 10 miles no problem but you are right you do need to slow down just a shade. For long runs you should be aiming to run them at 60 secs-90secs slower than your rplanned race pace. Its to build endurance and do your speedy runs on the shorter,medium runs.You don't want to burn out before the big day image

MC..hope you got turbo session in and that your throat has not got worse.

Loula...sis i hope it won't be freezing for when you come to visit but I don't want it boiling hot either...well not on M-day image

5 miles planned for me today with my longer one tomorrow of 9...BUT its not bad out there this morning and am swithering whether to do my 9 today and do 5 tomoz.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions.

Have a good day everyone

• I'd be tempted to do the 9 today in case it's really frosty or cold tomorrow
  • Been out with Chico...its fweezing cold but sunny...Am gonna just do the 5 today as achiles a bit  achey after yesterdays hilly one. Tomoz is just to be cloudy and not as cold so will do 9 then image Got all the houswork to catch up on today...grrrr