Options

Spen 20 2013

Hi I am looking for any information on the race as not Run in the area before ie how many water stops what the Hill situation is this is training towards my VLM training So hoping I can survive it up to 15 miles at mo any advice Would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I haven't run the event but I live around the route and do my own training there and I can definately say its a hilly part of the country.

http://www.spenac.co.uk/page8.html

All details needed are on the link water stops etc. if you want a flatter 20 miler the hull 20 is the following week and is well known for being flat and is the one I am doing for my vlm training.

Good luck.
  • Options
    LS21LS21 ✭✭✭

Spen is pretty much a figure of 8 type course. There's only one water station but you go past it 3 times (twice in one direction, once the opposite way). Cups only for info. Really good race, very cheap to enter but it is pretty hilly. I like it though. I'm prob going to enter this just as a training run to save doing a 20 miler around my usual routes. That's what I did last year and I enjoyed it.

• Options
    I train quite a bit on hills so just hope it is enough this will be my furthest run hope weather is ok :0)