Tuesday 5th Febuary

Morning all

What some sort of commute
Why not coughing Hurrah!
Lyrics "We had to meet the enemy a mile away
Thunder in the air and the skies turned grey"

Off to work now so will report back later

Comments

• Morning from a snowy West of Scotland.

What: A good steady 3.5 M run on freshly fallen snow

Okay so I'm a big kid running  in snowimage

Lyrics: Not sure

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were: "Donald where's your troosers", Andy Stewart, in recognition of the high winds in Scotland. Not the weather for wearing a kilt.

What: walk to the hospital
    Why: first part of prostate treatment, so that will be little exercise today and tomorrow, at least.

Lyrics: familar...so that's a no.

Slushy snow here.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Hope it goes well Alehouse.

Spectacular footage OH.

Snow due to reach us any time. Was intending to try a little run this afternoon but don't want to risk another fall so may end up on the treadie or opt for the turbo. Will make a decision at the time I think. Going to try a gentle swim after my jab this morning and see if that loosens things up a little.

What:            jab, swim, run or turbo
    Why:             one day off is enough
    Last hard:      sleeping still isn't easy
    Last rest:       4/2

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all...
    best wishes for today Ale, hope all goes well.
    lyric - ah yes, had to sing it thru to get to the title tho'
    what - supposed to be clubnight, but may have no car issues so could be reps from home 
    why - tuesday
    last rest - last sunday
    last hard - saturday 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon sll

alehouse, oh we used to sing that song me and my brothers when we were kids!! Hope all goes well today

lmh hope jab helps

what: nothing

why: hard track session last night, calves need a rest

last hard: last night

last easy: sunday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 8 commute with first half run to feel second half run as a sort of progression.
    Splits 7:00, 7:07, 7:09, 7:09, 7:08, 7:00, 6:52, 6:33
    Only coughed and wheezed in the first mile so looks like Wokingham is back on as a fast training run as opposed to a race.

We have been threatened with more of the white stuff but I'm hoping it will be a massive fail.

• Afternoon

Postie Us too, me too

Hope ll will be ok for your race

Didn'y get up till 1.30 so time short today will just be s cycle ride to and fro early finish tonight as tonights normal overtime has been canclled  will be interesting

What: cycle distance tbc
    Why: time is short
    Last Hsrd: sometime last week
    Lyrics nope

• best of luck, alehouse!

snow here too image. Sick of it image

no time to catch up unfortunately, hope everyone had a good weekend image

what: 8 and a bit with strides
    why: allegedly it helps with running form
    last hard: Friday
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: no

• Thanks for the kind wishes.
    All seemed to go to plan, and the hospital seem happy, so back there on the 15th for the radioactive implants.
    Back home now. Rather tired, from the general I guess, so will take it easy for a day or two. Only downside was that I only walked about 500 metres and then got the bus this morning: couldn't stand up!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad it went ok Alehouse.

Sounds as though you're on the mend postie.

Doesn't sound good about the over time Pammie.

Swim this morning was ok, seemed to help free the shoulder a little though I did discover that it's quite uncomfortable driving. Just as I stepped out of the door for my run this afternoon it started to snow - huge flakes which, when they had the gusting wind behind them, were painful - then sleet, then rain, then, just as I was nearly home, it all stopped. Nice to be out though overall and when it was feeling a bit tough I thought that I'd do a mile for Alehouse so there's one on me image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Managed a blowy 7 mile steady run with a few strides tonight after work.  It was one of my duty nights, so never made it far from work, just toing and froing!

• Just googled lyrics - kicks foot

now off to work

• Alehouse - first step towards full recovery - take it easy, good luck!

Little Miss Happy - have you been to see the doctor re your injury?  Hope it is just bruising!

What: Just 3 miles with Mae then went to see "Lincoln" in the evening - great film.

• No snow here but wind and wet. Measured 36 gusting 60 kts.

What: an exhilarating 20.44
    Why: even my other half was asking that. Enforced grounding (work) for next 6 days and Loch Katrine not long off
    Last Hard: see above
    Last rest: Friday.

Glad all went reaonably well today AH

LM.H good that swim helped. Driving is an activity that makes a few demands on shoulders - I had 3 months off driving with a # collar bone.

Good to see folk still getting out BM, Chickadee, donaldo, NZC, Postie

Kinda feeling left out with snow. This was recent harbour recordings:

http://www.orkneyharbours.com/staff/weather_upload/tabbednotebook1_0.jpeg

• Thanks for the mile, LMH: if everybody did a mile for me every day I'm sure I'd get fit quickly!

Nice long run, OH! Looks like exhilerating is the right choice of word! Mind you when I saw 20:44 I thought you'd raced a 5k!

Broken shoulder was about 9 weeks with no driving. Twice. You'd have thought I'd learned the first time!

• Have got a (Tesco) 5k this Sunday (but only if work behaves image as on call)

• Evening all! Busy days with the semester just started, and a colleague ill whose class I had to cover yesterday...

• What: 4M
    • Why: getting miles in
    • last hard: Sunday's longer run
    • last rest: Monday

Saturday I went up and down the local bridge, for 6 "up the bridge" repeats, closest to a hill I could get at my parents'. I now have my eye on the stairs of the car park at the hospital- should be 6 or 7 floors... Sunday I did 1 hr, and from 15' I added a 15" flat out sprint every 5', as a variation on the Tabata sprints. Breaks the monotony if nothing else.

Alehouse: best of luck with the treatment. Daddie-beest is battling similar stuff, though it requires a more aggressive approach, and I hope you will be spared all that. Positive, healing thoughts heading your way!

LMH: may the shoulder quietens down soon. Arnica and traumeel might help, oral or ointment/gel forms. I'm sure you are taking good care of itimage

We had a big thunderstorm come through in the early hours of this morning, and in Belgium a tornado struck in a couple of places. Snow forecast for tonight. Weird weather. Hope you're all safe and sound!

• Good stuff, you heroes.

After resolving WW3 between the kids I just had enough time to build up the bike for the turbo again, and get biking for half an hour. When wifey arrived home the tut and sigh was audible over the howling wind and car engine noise. BUT SHE BOUGHT ME THE FREAKING TURBO!