Falmouth Half Marathon

MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

There are some evil climbs on this course. But at the finish last year we got a medal, a beer, a pasty and some sweets. What's not to like?

Last year's outing was the first and it was pretty good. So I'm in for this year and bring on those Cornish hills, I'm not scared of them image

Comments

• this one is a tough one, but i need to put some hill work towards worcester marathon, so i will be there image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

It's this Sunday already. I've been working on the hills round here (Reading) and head off to the subtropical wonderland that is Cornwall tomorrow. Will probably do a bit of bimbling along the coastal path between Portreath and Godrevy to acclimatize. Must drop by Philps in Hayle to pastyload ahead of the race.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

That was a toughie but the conditions were excellent. Lots of unnecessary hills in this one - the climb at Budock Water at mile 10 just about finished me off. And my legs felt every one of those little lumps after Dracaena Avenue in the final couple of miles out of Penryn. But it's all good character-building stuff and I turned in five minutes faster than last year so there's life in the old hound yet!

Must book my accommodation with Mother of Muttley well ahead for next year's outing.