P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Just been for a very unpleasant, cold and wet 4 miles, complete with a bleeding nipple. Was thinking "is this really necessary" all the way round.

• 15West wrote (see)

Just been for a very unpleasant, cold and wet 4 miles, complete with a bleeding nipple. Was thinking "is this really necessary" all the way round.

Ouch! I think you might need to borrow some of HeOw's lube. Well done for getting out anyway, though.

• HeOw wrote (see)

JF50 - pop to the Spar and ask the young lad behind the counter for his bumper size tube of KY whilst holding an extra large cucumber.  Just to set the cat amongst the pigeons in your village. 

15w this was the advice I received earlier for a body problem from HeOw

• literatin wrote (see)
    chickadeee wrote (see)
    Literatin: what on earth are you doing in your new forum pic image Hanging upside down or walking on hands? I'm intrigued ...

er... hanging upside-down from a trapeze while reading a book, of course! Think I was trying to prove to a friend that I could multi-task.

... as you do image

• Lit do you do pole dancing as wellimage

Chick my foam roller is rock hard lol.

15 West you need the HeOw  KY for that (do you girls ever suffer from this?)

Snow replaced with stronger wind and heavy rain 4 miles slow recovery doneimage

• Back from my second run..

15W well done on run number 2 and no its not really necessary is it to be honest, we could all just sit on our butts stuffing our faces and watch VLM in the comfort of our lounges..image

wow this thread is great for making us get out there, shows we all have that competitive nature..if she/he does it...so will I, I think its great.I did do my second run on the treadmill though as I am actually sick of running in sub zero temps and gales..(well it feels like that) I can handle recovery runs on the treadmill, 

And I think you will all have to buy your own lube Heow has other plans for hers  !!image

• Lit do you do pole dancing as wellimage

Chick my foam roller is rock hard lol.

• NN well done on your comfy second run of the dayimage

• I was about to say this thread is getting worse...

No Pain wrote (see)

Lit do you do pole dancing as wellimage

Chick my foam roller is rock hard 

• Hi Peeps check out the old guy in the race to the line at 6mins into this video on you tube.

www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkW4bhZcS-dw&h=nAQFyQ-YJ&s=1
  • Cant access it NP..

• www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkW4bhZcS-dw&h=uAQHsGYdnAQGUXhpj0zh0y3-mZJRjFg1J7lTkO6wDiiZpXQ&enc=AZNfGLh1MAy46nWqPsMLpuUDEsLjA55FUY0_0cddlMv8ojrVDbKc2VB6rzPkVQ06scMsi2TAIj6x_Mj8Mx1P1z0F&s=1
  • go to you tube and type in Born2run-Gosford
  • Nice legs..image

Looking really strong there NP great finish

• Held more back than I thought lol
  • Good running form NP, thats one thing I really lack in, I really noticed today just how badly I cross my arms in front of my body  when running on the treadmill in front of a mirror. You can see in my avitar too...I really try to correct it but its really hard..I know its trunk instability and try to do core work but never stick to it..image

• You can change that you just need to work at it, it's also waisted energyimage
  • Nice video NP! I always look like I'm going to vomit at the end of a race.

NN - do pilates!

• Cracking video NP.

After the weekend's parkrun my friend told me that I run like a T-Rex (he was actually a lot ruder than that). Sad thing is I kind of know what he means because my arms and hands are normally held in a stupid position.

I try to run with a better style but find myself reverting back to when tired.

• Lit ,I have just had a look at my local gym timetable and there are several Pilate's and body conditioning classes all times of the day, I am going to make a real effort to get to some..I am already a member and the classes are included in the fee so its silly not to I guess, at the moment all I do there is a few weights a couple times a weeks..or use the treadmill ..so as well as running twice a day working full time looking after grandkids I shall now be doing gym classes...image well at least I am fit enough to run around behind my grandkids ..image

• Will do some NP stalking in a mo when my shit internet works better than it did in 1997. 

I am skulking in to the thread, head hanging in shame.  I have with me a note with the worst excuse ever why I couldn't be ARSED to do my recovery run...  

Dear Mr P&D, I had all intentions of slipping on my luscious and non stale sweat smelling running garb but I did a quick calculation in my scouse brain and I realised that the adverse effects of running in a 25mph wind would negate the point of a "recovery" run.  So I did the ironing instead.  Oh and ate a large piece of Moshi Monster Birthday cake.  So sorry but I don't really care enough to bend over whilst you hit with me the Second Edition of your oh so fantastic Advanced Marathoning but only for dedicated non fair weather runners book.  Yes, I do understand if I don't PB, you will remind me of this error.  Love HeOw.  

I have spent past 3 hours admonishing myself.  I truly need to get a f*cking life. image

15W - breastfeed 3 kids my dear, your nipples won't bleed ever again.  Mine could withstand a cheese grater vest.

• Night Nurse wrote (see)

Lit ,I have just had a look at my local gym timetable and there are several Pilate's and body conditioning classes all times of the day, I am going to make a real effort to get to some..I am already a member and the classes are included in the fee so its silly not to I guess, at the moment all I do there is a few weights a couple times a weeks..or use the treadmill ..so as well as running twice a day working full time looking after grandkids I shall now be doing gym classes...image well at least I am fit enough to run around behind my grandkids ..image

Pilates nearly killed me off.  The bloke teaching it told me in no uncertain terms that it weren't for me as I am too hyperactive.  Stick to your big ball NN, far less twatty. Mine is currently in the shed after being used as a huge football for the kids during the summer.  Must give it a wipe and do some half hearted ab work on it.  

• Heow I am not speaking to you ...you lard arse image

• Ouch, I think HeOw just called me a twat! I only do the kind with no twattish soothing music and where I'm allowed to take the piss out of all the visualisations.

• Did the two recovery runs as one 10 milers on the treadmill at recovery pace.  I communte to London so not practicle to run twice in a day during the week.

Very boring running slowly on the treadmill for 80 minutes.

• literatin wrote (see)

Ouch, I think HeOw just called me a twat! I only do the kind with no twattish soothing music and where I'm allowed to take the piss out of all the visualisations.

Lit I am sure she didnt mean it like that my Ex husband is a Scouser they say things like that as term of endearment at least that was HIS excuse..

• literatin wrote (see)

Ouch, I think HeOw just called me a twat! I only do the kind with no twattish soothing music and where I'm allowed to take the piss out of all the visualisations.

** backpedals furiously **  I actually didn't see your post, I hadn't read back that far (been ironing yer see).  Err do you do twatty pilates then...?! image  It's awesome innit...? image

• Night Nurse wrote (see)
    literatin wrote (see)

Lit I am sure she didnt mean it like that my Ex husband is a Scouser they say things like that as term of endearment at least that was HIS excuse..

There lies reason he is your EX then NN...?!

• HeOw wrote (see)

** backpedals furiously **  I actually didn't see your post, I hadn't read back that far (been ironing yer see).  Err do you do twatty pilates then...?! image  It's awesome innit...? image

Haha... for proper twattery you want yoga. A friend of mine used to go to a class where they all had to imagine they had snakes in their vaginas.