Surrey Spitfire 20

How strict is the no headphones rule? Not only do i love running to music, I also use mine as a gps device to pace myself. I know most races say no headphones but iv never seen it enforced.

Comments

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

I did this race last year and, despite usually running with music, I didnt use mine and dont remember seeing anyone else using theirs.  The race is on open but small country roads, no pavements, so using headphones would probably be quite dangerous.  

I am planning on doing the race again this year but will be leaving my ipod at home.  I can't see how there would be a problem with using an ipod type device as a gps without headphones.

Btw,  running without music is not as bad as you think image

• Probably no hassle. They'll make a note of your number and not include you in the results. Everybody wins, The organisers effectively disqualify you and meet their commitment and you get to run.

• I think they are serious about it and will exclude you from the results.  But if you just want to run and get a medal, that may not bother you.  It's ARC not UKA, so doesn't appear on runbritain if you are concerned about that kind of thing.