Wednesday 6th February 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Perfection Mekanik

Bliaters - women eh? image

NZC - haven't bothered the doc as don't think it's broken.

Tinebeest - I have arnica gel but as the skin is quite broken haven't been using anything topical.

OH - well done on that long run. Fortunately I don't have to drive too far. Has your weather settled yet? Still gusting here but not as bad as it has been.

What:              probably an hour on the turbo
Why:               not sure I trust the shoulder to hold the bike in the gusts
Last hard:       last year really
Last rest:        4/2

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Blisters - domestic bliss, don't you just love it..
    LmH - hope the shoulder improves
    OH - decent mileage!
    what - 5 easy perhaps
    why - missed club session, so did 5x1mile reps on my own - glad I stuck with it, but legs feeling it now.
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - 10 days

Lyric - yep

have a great day

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all. Been AWOL for a few days due to visitors/lousy internet.  Sounds like there's been some good running going on out there despite ranging freak weather conditions.
    I managed to get out for about 5.5 miles Friday and again Monday.  Knee is fine after fall last week, however, wrist was still painful.  Went to doctor last night who sent me to hospital for Xrays.  I haven't broken it but I've done something to it that means I now have a cast on it.  I couldn't understand what the woman was saying and she didn't know what it was in English either.  Going back Monday for a check up and hopefully to get the cast off.

LMH hope your shoulder feels better soon. Go get it checked if it's not better by next week.
    Ale how are you feeling this morning?
    Chicka so with you on being FED UP with snow!
    M/NZC running in those temps is pretty admirable.

May go for a slow walk later (I'm allowed to run with the cast, but not drive, so no work for me today!).  Been give strict instructions by my boyfriend not to nose dive again and do the other arm!

Have a good one all.

• Guten morgen! Nice to see the German lyrics!

Feeling fine this morning, if a little tired.

What: a walk later...about a mile and a half
    Why: to local garage to pick up daughter's car. She passed her test in Jan and bought a car on Saturday. She will now be penniless for years to come, of course, not least because the insurance is a small fortune.

Heal quickly those with arm and shoulder ailments!

Blisters:  she bought it you. It doesn't mean you could use it. Look at it occasionally, perhaps.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

alehouse thats nice about your daughter's car though!

emzap, oh dear, at least its sorted though

dustin well done on the discipline!

lmh, hope shoulder heals speedily

what: 8 miles this am, meant to be in 84 mins but I did it in 77, oops!

why: lost a bit more weight thats probably why

last hard: this morning

last easy: yesterday

I did set off with a running bud and was aware that 9.5mm was not the 10.5 I was supposed to be doing but once he got me into that zone, I kept a pretty good pace going for the 5+ miles on my own!  think this will be a hungry day for me!

have a good un all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Heal quickly LMH.  Get to a doctor if it doesn't.

Good to hear you are feeling ok Alehouse. Congrats to your daughter.  Scary stuff.  They recently moved the driving age from 15 to 16 here.  Very glad they did.  My eldest stepdaughter turns 14 next week and its all getting a bit close.

what: Tuesday - warm up then 5 x 400m (all between 1.23 and 1.25)
    why: getting ready for next sprint races

what: Wednesday - tempo - 8k in 34.52
    why: half marathon in 10 days time so can't forget the longer stuff too!

all good here.  on tsunami alert here (and all round the pacific) after the solomons earthquake but it seems to have passed without incident.  they did get a tsunami there though.   big BBQ to do tomorrow for work folks so keeping everythig crossed for good weather.

• guten morgen damen und herren

9 miles off road today, waving my knackered leaky trail shoes off to the great beyond ahead of a pair of Mudclaws coming in the post.

congrats to Alehouse's daughter

good pace Wabo, sometimes it's nice to pick up the speed.

emzap - sorry about your wrist. i get CTS type pains now and again, would have to aggravate it with a fall.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well 4.75 miles walked, wrist only started hurting towards the end, I guess from being at a funny position inside my coat or something.  At least it's time on feet though!

I didn't even realise the lyrics were German...and I'm meant to be able to almost speak the language...

M sounds like you had fun with your sprint race. When's the next one?

• Afternoon

What 15.14
    Why MWLR
    Lyrics possibly

Yesterdays lyrics wer Tenpole Tudor's "Swords of a thousand men" in recognition of fly tipping in car parks.

Feeling very conscious aboiut the lost miles ahead of this weeks HM. Thought a final attempt at a long run might help loosen the limbs a bit.

Blisters reckon you'll be ok until she refers to 'all your junk in the garage'.

• Just been sent a photo by a friend: shows my old school in Leicester. We would have unknowingly gazed out from our classrooms, and in particular the biology lab as it was so boring, onto the land where Richard III was buried!

Walked 3 freezing kilometres and collected daughter's car: "over the moon" with it! I think its pretty smart too! Certainly rather smarter than the sorts of cars I used to drive at her age.

Nice long mid-week run Postie. Wabo: slow down! Nice run!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lucky Miss Alehouse. Was it cold because of the wind Alehouse? That seemed to be the issue here.

Nice MLR but unusual taper for a target half postie!

emzap - they haven't set you in a cast with your thumb stuck out at a strange angle have they?

It took a bit of talking myself into being sensible to climb on to the turbo rather than taking the bike out but it was gusting quite badly and I didn't quite trust the shoulder, rightly I think as it wasn't very comfortable on the turbo so I probably wouldn't have had full control on the road. Hoping it will be ok by Saturday - and that the weather is better. Still an hour including 2 x 20 minute efforts completed.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: nil
    Why: work
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Friday

PP nice long run
    Wabo nice going. wish I had that problem

PP/Blisters My wife refers to the garage as the graveyard of my past interests (and she does have some justification)

/members/images/456406/Gallery/529586_10151476819219524_527920926_n.gif

• Actually, OH, I'm sure that sign is wrong: I'm sure it says,

"Short stay 30 mins, Long stay 500 years".

And LMH, icy wind.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Guten Arbent

very tired still, crap day at work...

Burnt off by a nice club run 8.75m

followed with the news that 20yo Daughter has passed her driving test image

Take care

• Well done little miss RFJ: seems to be the season for it!

• 6 miles tonight in 44:38. Felt good.  lyrics - Nope!