8 February

ETA Friday!

Lyrics: Down, down in my bones Somewhere I'd never have known

What: testing out some stairs later on today

Why: keeping up with Stickless

Busy day, sorting out a few things, but looking forward to the class I teach this morning: third year classical Chinese, great story of the rise and fall of Empress Wu, late 7th century. Where would we be without history?

Comments

• Morning.

Hear, hear Stickless.

Ouch Pammie - hope you haven't done too much damage - it seems to be the week for it.

Ah, wondered if it were your scaphoid emzap but obviously not.

What:            30 min easy run or rest
    Why:              busy work day/tired
    Last hard:      last year
    Last rest:       4/2

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Great post, Stickless. Buggy avoidance needed here, too.

What: something short later
    Why: ask Stickless

Working today, but hope to get out there in daylight.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all and happy friday!
    Stickless- your posts always make me smile!
    Pammie , Emz - ouch, you take care
    Ale - bureaucracy , don't you just love it. I can't say I'm surprised. Personally we should forget all the form filling and just get on with it. After all we managed to get this far without it. Maybe Tine can enlighten us, but was the fall of Empress Wu's dynasty down to filling out the wrong forms and failing to make an appointment in Sichuan province??

what - possibly 3 easy, probably nothing
    why - bit tired, bit jaded, plus xc (hopefully) tomorrow, trying to keep RFJ in sight at Salisbury.
    last rest - 27/1 (or today)
    last hard - the last 3 runs if I'm honest

lyric - possibly

have a great weekend

• Morning

Thanks Dustn and LMH

notice  black eye last night quite a beaut . Can still see no real pain just ache a bit too be expect right knee a nice bruise 

Today i'm meeting friends from work going to the Harvester as one has been off with a broken wrist.. Doubt i run will just take it easy today

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

pammie that sounds like a nasty fall, poor you!Hope you are ok

stickless I also smiled at your post, you inspire me! Do you know you once handed me jelly babies at mile 17 vlm? I remember it well!

Dustin , I feel jaded today! Think I may need some chocolate or something

what: 3 jaded miles this morning

why: schedule, tomorrow I rest!

last hARD: Last nights hills

last easy: tuesday

have a great weekend everybody

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ugh

I spend a couple of days away from the place and come back to it looking like a Chinese Laundry. Who's responsible for all those messy adverts hanging up the sides then?

• Afternoon

What 8 with 5 @ tempo (sort of)
    Why overdue speed session needed
    Lyrics no

After the Commons vote yesterdays lyrics were Billy Idol's "White Wedding"

Attempted a tempo session this morning but wound up with 5 miles at default MP. not quite what I should have but theres still time.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

What: nothing just a 2 mile walk.
    Why: was going to run, but arm is really aching, so silly to
    Lyrics: nope

Pammie I hope you feel better soon.  Sounds like a nasty fall.
    LMH how's the shoulder?
    Stickless that made me laugh

Have a good evening all.

• Evening!

What: 20 miins
    Why: Stickless told me to. Several times during hte run, in fact. Just over 3k. Felt like hard work.

Love the adverts. Not.

Wonder how Tom is, and what DD is up to.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Scrap that, 3.5 km done in falling snow.  None on the ground yet though.  Feeling a bit more human having been able to get out!

• Good on you emzap. Achey but getting better I think. Certainly not as painful driving.

Sounds nasty Pammie - hope you can still enjoy your meal out.

SC is also missing and I think it was today that he was due to get the results of his tests?

Needed to get out after work so took Grace out for a run. Was very restrained and only did 3 miles - not even my usual 30 minutes - despite legs feeling remarkably fresh - as this has been my highest mileage week for a long time. I can do quantity it seems, it's quality that breaks me.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What?

I see from my previous post that my allusion to a clothes cleaning operation managed by persons of oriental extraction was somehow turned into a link to a flippin' web page for over-priced girlie tat clobber. Aaaaaarrgh!

12 miles tabbed out, lovely weather for it.
    Snowdrops, primroses, iris reticulata, camelia and the first sighting of 'ickle baby lambkins. It's enough to melt your heart and enjoy that Morrocan Lamb Teguine.

• Evening all,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Pammie - ouch!  Hope that the blue subsides, and doesn't spoil your evening.  Good idea to take it easy though.  A knock hard enough to black an eye will have jiggled the grey cells more than they like.

My bookmark takes me directly here, so I am unaware of the adsimage.

Wabo - I do indeed!  Thought at the time I might some day manage to be on the other side of the fence, but it aint gonna happen now.

LMH - glad you got out.  Nice when it feels good too!

Me? Er, no, it did not feel good, but I did get out, ran to work with 5 reps of Castle Hill to finish, flL (fully loaded Lucy - the backpack).  Used to think somedays I had put my feet on backwards*, but this morning, I've got to say, I wasn't entirely sure they were even my own feet, or even a matched pair.  The run across to Jesus Green I had to think quite hard to run rhythmically and evenly, no limpling, lifting each leg, putting each foot down, rolling along to forefoot and remembering to try and push off.  By contrast, actually running uphill presented little additional challenge.  Downhill required even more thought, controlling muscles.  The reward was that on the level at the bottom, by the end of the 4th rep, I really felt they were my feet again.

They confirmed it by behaving in a very familiar way, totally running out of steam after the fifth ascent.  Never mind.  Contract made: five reps, and that at the end of  week one of Training, and not an easy one.  I will finish it off with another set of the home stairs before the evening is out.

*Re backwards legs: our lovely conductor explained a claim he had made in his speech at one of his colleague's funeral, that while she played Saint-Saens swan using an orange to press the strings to the fingerboard, he accompanied her sitting on the floor playing with his back to piano.  "It's not that difficult, because if you sit on the floor with your back to the piano and your hands crossed over your head, your hands are actually in the right place, with the right hand at the treble end". If you say so, chief!

• Nice run Blisters! and yes - cold can't quite deny the evidence of spring.

• Yesterday' lyrics were The Vaccines, with "I always knew". Belgian band that I quite like, and is doing rather well at the mo. Silly lyrics, but catchy tune. Considering the amount of falls, some of us may have felt something deep down in their bones. I hope normal service resumes soon for them!

I won't start today's thread because I don't know when I will get the time to post again and tell you what my obscure choice of the day is. Off to the US for a few days.