Garmin 405 Forerunner

Hi can anybody help me with transferring data, training programmes to my Garmin 405

Comments

• Open 'Training Centre' which comes on the disc. Then create your programme, then click on the upload icon whilst you've got your Ant+ stick plugged in and your 405 within range.....simple. It's in the manual.

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

As Mr Boat said, its pretty simple but has to be done through Training Centre.  You can upload from garmin Connet as well, but you can only do one workout at a time (i.e. the new one overwrites the old one).

Also one "gotcha"  I experienced was that it wouldn't upload the schedule from the training seciton of the RW website.  I had to delete the default ones that were pre-installed to make sufficient space for them, and then it worked. 

• Thanks Mr Boat and Stutyr but the only disc I got was the user manual, which doesn't have training centre on it. Also my Garmin Connect says it has sent workouts to my Garmin 405 but it hasn't. Help

• Are you looking under Workouts Advanced on the device?

• It keeps saying none found Intermanaut

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

just checked the garmin web site and they've discontinued training center, and focussing on Garmin connect.  It may be worth sticking with connect

Have you installed the communicator plug-in for Garmin connect? Without this it won't work (you'll find it in the support section of the Garmin web site) as it wont see your device.

Within garmin connect it should be Activities Workouts Send to Device (but I guess you already know this).

• I have been transferring data to and from Garmin Connect but over the last few days I have had to try it several times before it is successful. The website was down a few days ago for maintenance so I dont know if that has caused an issue with uploads/downloads. I remove my Ant+ stick, completely close down the Ant Agent then re-open and try again. It has taken me 6/7 times on occassions. And after all that it hasnt been worth the wait !!

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Ah carterUSM makes an valid point - the Garmin software is flaky and sometimes I've found the only thing to do is unplug the ANT+ stick, and then try again.

• Hi all I've finally sorted my problems. I had to re-download the ANT+ software. This seems to have cured my problems now. Thanks for all your help.