Saturday 9th February 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky

You've drawn the line Stickless - now to continually cross it!

Pouring with rain here and forecast to last at least until lunchtime so it looks as though it may be the turbo for me. I don't find waiting and hoping that the weather clears useful as then my training is hanging over me and just becomes a chore, especially if said improvement doesn't materialise.

What:                 probably a long turbo
Why:                  weather
Last hard:          facing the turbo
Last rest:           4/2

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Ale house: what have I been up to? In short went skiing got sick, ran Dubai marathon whilst ill in 3:28 it was horrid, last week Olympic Tri in 2:40. Yesterday having recoverd from marathon another Olympic Tri in 2:27.

What : 20K at dawn in 90 mins

Why: both my club mates with whom I ran are sub 3 hour marathoners

Last hard: yesterday's Tri and today's run combined

Last rest: it's been awhile Jan 26 I think
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes! Indeed I had these ready to start the thread after OH posted the short video clip a few days ago.

DD:  sorry to hear that you haven't been well, and doing a marathon when well is bad enough, never mind when sick. Today's training and yesterday's tri look as if you have now well recovered: good!

What: another 20 mins slow, I hope
    Why: got to be done.

Grey and wet here. Mind you we had that for most of last summer!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

good to see you back DD, and impressive recent performances in the circumstances!!

What - supposed to be Hampshire League, but won't get home in time for youngest to get to club swimming gala (in the opposite direction naturally!!), so will do an hour offroad this afternoon.
    Why - time etc
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - Tuesday?

• Plenty of sun and blue sky here if a bit frosty. image
    Unfortunately in no state to appreciate it (still full of a cold) image

On call until Tuesday morning so not a lot going on here

• Glad you're better DD.

Sorry to hear that you're not OH.

It wasn't raining when I got back from doing the weekly shop so I decided to take the hybrid out. Of course it started raining again about 15 minutes in to my ride but there was no wind behind it and it was relatively mild so two hours ridden and now defrosting. Contemplating going to see Flight this afternoon - has any one seen it?

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all,

one of those days.... daughter had 1 car I had the other till Wifey said her lift had let her down.... that was 0830... help parkrun time... so quickly got sorted and ran to parkrun.... best time for a while esp with the boggy and snowy conditions (20:3X) then a run home, so that meant no chance of Hants XC for 2 reasons, too many miles in the legs and no way of getting there....!!!!

But at least Im now in the warm and not about to start 10k of wet muddy cold XC.....

8.25m done in total

MVP tomorrow 21m off road event....

• Afternoon!

Shame about the Hampshire league, RFJ/Dustin!

In the end reasonable running conditions today: no wind, or rain. 20 mins, largely road although perhaps 5 mins was off road. Just over 3k run: went through 3k in 18:11 which is the quickest so far. Progress being made. Need to do something slower and longer in the next few days.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi all. Back for a bit following absene without leave. Getting head round complete change to training regime. More later. Off to Nice for a break on Th with OH so should be a happy Valentine'simage.

Lyrics: Yep
    What: 2hrs tkd
    Why: It's Saturday
    Last Hard: Week past Thursday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Now off to catch up on what you've all been up to!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

update - well youngest finished 5th in the U13s at Hampshire League, came home and treated myself to some mud therapy: 7.3 miles in an hour. Was knee deep in places (i'm not kidding). Off to Woking for swim gala shortly...
    Good luck at MVP tomorrow RFJ, few of our lot doing it, sadly not me (eldest's 15th) so will run before she emerges from her cave. I think you might want to pack the waders...

• Good progress Alehouse. Nice when you can see it coming back like that.

As if by magic SC appears - we've been wondering where you were - test results on Friday wasn't it? Hope all is ok.

• LM.H it's only a cold which I think has now cleared sufficiently to do the Tesco 5k tomorrow (provided work is quiet)
    Good you got out on the bike. It's never quite so bad if it starts raining after you start

Well done miniD image

SC enjoy Thursday -

RFJ Quick organisation and running image
    Enjoy the rest before tomorrow's 21

Alehouse - steady, don't overdo it

• The adverts never freak me as I seem just to be able to block them out.
    However if you view at less than full screen, it neatly just shows the relevant bit without the advertsimage

• SC: nice Celtic double!

And Nice: nice!
  • 43 miles on the bike.
    The forecast was for it to hiss it down all day, but it didn't. But after I over slept and had to bike off on my own, I chose to head off into the Cotswolds, and it was misty hill fog all the way. Grizzly. Grey/Misty/Drizzle. And my least favourite temperature, 3 degrees. Not cold enough for snow, but low enough to be unpleasant. Critical was the choice of clothing, and that was just about OK until 22 miles in, when I decided that it was time for a coffee and cake stop, but £2.90 for a bit of cake was OTT. Onwards. The route home was on shagged "roads". Overall there were far more hilly bits than flatty bits. Maybe 3.5 hours cycling gives you an idea that the uppy bits affected the pace. The cold fingers were actually causing me pain today, that's unusual. Anyway, shall we call it time in the saddle?

And