Which inov8?

after slipping all over the purbecks at the weekend and my trailrocs (which are normally ok in mud) not being man enough to grip on the extra slippy mud we seem to have there, i thought i might see about treating myself to a pair more suited to a mudfest. (birthday coming up! image
However, I am aware that they may need to suit rock and loose paths too. I also like a low drop shoe. ( i prefer inov8's for the fit)
At the moment I am torn between Roclite 243/285, X-talon 190, Bare Grip, and Mudclaw.
I think Mudclaw and BareGrip (both given great reviews in trail running mag) would be fantastic in the mud but not so good if encountering rock. On the other hand the Roclite look to be good all rounders, but less grippy in the mud than the others. The x-talon look to be somewhere in the middle but billed as an 'elite' shoe (which i am definately not!)
Does anyone have any recommendations for any of these shoes? and what the grip is like? thanks

(I asked about the Baregrips before but ended up getting the Trailrocs which have been fine on pretty much most trails up till now!)

Comments