Pain in knee cap when running URGENT HELP

Hey guys recently ive been training for the navy fitness test of 1.5 miles in 11 minutes. Ive been training for about 3 months and i can run the test fairly confortable however over the past 3 weeks ive had problems with my knee cap, Its become worse and worse and feels like the bone around the knee cap is sensitive when i run.

I have the fitness test on the 18th thats 6 days away and im concerned about this, is there anything i can do to help this heal? 

Comments

• Rest. Difficult to tell what it is but whatever you're not going to increase your fitness in the next six days so rest and go for it on the day.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

You need to apply the RICE principle

Rest

Ice (ice pack of frozen peas wrappped in a tea towel applied to the affected knee for upto ten mins at a time, a few times a day)

Compression - support bandage or knee support around the knee

Elevation - when resting try and keep you leg up (i.e knee higher than your hips)

It'll also be worth taking some ibuprofen as its an anti-inflammatory, so should help to reduce any swelling.

Get yourself booked in with your GP so they can evaluate it properly and possibly refer you for further checks.