Wednesday 13th February 2013

Morning!

Lyrics are: All around me are familiar faces
...Bright and early for their daily races

We'll leave the bit out about worn out faces!

Yesterday's lyrics were:by the Beatles: Drive my car  ("baby you can drive my car": for the 2 young ladies who passed their driving tests).

What: quite probably a rest
Why: QofP this evening

Good to see so many familiar faces back: stick around!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• It helps to put the date in! image

And no, OH, I can't get the range of smileys to work either.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Hope you're ok today NZC.

Good to see you 40 - sorry to hear of your illness and injury woes.

What:             an hour on the turbo
    Why:              I'm not always sure
    Last hard:      last year
    Last rest:       4/2

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What 7 with hills
    Why Dr's appointment @ 9
    Lyrics yes

Not much more to say really

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning, I do think I know these lyrics... oh worn out faces, yes definitely I do!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

What: 9 miles in 94 mins later today

why: my schedule says

last hard: last night

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

good luck at the quacks postie...
    lyric - yes indeedy
    what - something easy and recovery like . either 6 along the Thames at lunch, or loops of the houses after dark tonight, if I can't get out.
    why - recovery after yesterdays club session
    last rest - friday
    last hard - yesterday

Thanks for the opinions on the weekends racing - definitely doing Sunday as a race, will probably do the xc if daughter wants to, even if it is a bit of a hike (90minute commute each way) - it does clash with swimming session though, so I'll let her decide. Either way, if I do run the xc it will be 'easy' pace.

• 6 miles XC this morning in an inch or two of snow - nice easy running - even took the dug!  51:34 

Lyrics - yup, a version exists for one of my favourite films too! image

• Morning

Lyrics are familiar

As per the smilies  discovered that yesterday thought it was just me as still can't post in IE due to the surrounding advert. But  if you edit your post  you can get  the full range of smilies

Going out to do something today  will report the details on my return probably not far just a confidence run

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: 9 very slow miles
    Why: half marathon in 6 weeks or so and training has been bummed by snow, falling, cast.
    Last hard: trying to keep my running form with a right arm that;s heavier than the left, whilst holding a waterbottle...

NZC  oh no. I hope you are feeling ok today.
    40  hello again, you going to stick around? image
    Chicka  hope you are feeling better and haven;'t got this nasty bug that's going around and keeping people ill for days and days (it was on the news the other night, I didn't really understand it, but the pictures told me all that!).
    Tine fingers crossed for the job image

Have a good one all.

• Good afternoon.
    Read back tells me lots of busy people, many cingratulations and several trials and tribulations. Off to Nice tomorrow for 10 miler, happy I have my med cert to let me run. Test at gym last night gave VO2 Max result of 62 or superb so must do something about my potential and start thinking about how to train in a new regime!
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Just tkd tonight, no run
    Why: Taking it easy
    Last hard 13 days ago
    Last rest: Monday.
    AH.....stretch!image

• Afternoon

NZC how are you today?

It appears i have to go and run to get the lyrics. All clearer now image

What: 2.71 miles (run/walk 1min on/off)
    Why: Confidence run
    Last Hard: last Thursday the ground
    Lyrics Yes 

• 40 - great to see you back. Hope the illness is now firmly behind you.   NZC: ouch! That was a bit unfortunate!

emzap: is the cast still on? Meaning, are you running in it? Yeah, that bug is horrid. Lots of people in work got it. I hope that due to my flu jab I'm less prone to catch its full force. So far it's worked OK. I wonder though how much Echinacea one can eat before it does no longer work ...

what: 8 miles with 5 @ tempo
    why: I feel better and I ran at lunchtime to avoid the morning chill
    last hard: today, although I'm happy to have managed 7:19 av. pace for the tempo. Started conservativley with MP and got quicker and quicker.
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Chicka yup running in cast.  Hopefully it'll be off on Monday though.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Long day at work. No work or exercise today

Hopefully all the injured are recovering.

Lots of steady running going on

Can still enter smilies in manually:
    : - ) without spaces gives image
    ; - ) without spaces givesimage
    : - D without spaces gives image

• Thanks, OH, image

Not that it seems to work!
    Edit: yes it does, but not until you have posted so you don't know if it has worked!

Rest day for me, not that it was very restful on the Qof P's couch! Worked hard on the problematic foot: basically seems to be a stubborn lack of mobility in it. So, just like the rest of my body then!

• Thanks guys for your concern, nothing serious, just a bit battered and bruised.

What: Coffee - couldn't miss that bit. 

Why: Usually run with my friends on Wednesday, but cancelled out but still turned up for coffee. 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dustin I can always run with you, we can keep each other slow and easy... ready for Sunday...

Glad you enjoyed the coffee NZC image

7.35m with 2 x 16 mins intervals at threshold (well poor effort due to IBS issues) but still did them...

Take care

• Oops must be tired didn't mean to say "No Work ..."
    AH Manual entry does work but doesn't show up until you post
    (always need to use this method when posting using mobile phone)

• Evening all.
    Lyrics, nope.
    Emoticons? Well, when I first open a page, like this one, I can't get a box that allows me to write in it. Pressing F5 to refresh the page, and I am then allowed to post. Yes I get the drop down boxes that allow me to select an emoticon. However, none of the posts that have appeared on RW for the past few months have actually included a visible emoticon. They all say, in blue font,  stuff like

image: forumsmiliessmile_smiley.gif (but with / not marks)

Training? None actually.

• Evening all.

What:  Club run, surprisingly short at just under 7 miles, pace circa 8:10 although it felt quicker
    Why:  Wednesday
    Last hard:  Monday
    Last rest:  Sunday
    Lyrics:  No

Track tomorrow.