Manchester

What is it about Manchester and suspected sex offenders Stuart Hall the fella off Coronation Street and even Jimmy Saville was based there. Clearly the city has issues !!

Comments

• Yeah blame the city!!
  • I have ! It must be something in the water 

• Jimmy Saville lived in Leeds ?
  • and Stuart Hall was born in Ashton Under Lyme and lives now in Wilmslow Cheshire... So not sure what Manchester has to do with things

• And nothing's been proven for them anyway.
  • Thats why I said Suspected

Both Stuart Hall and Jimmy Saville were based in and worked out of BBC Manchester for a considerable amount of years.

It must be something in the water 

• You seem to know a lot about their whereabouts ? What did Saville do in Manchester ?
  • what a stupid original comment. theres paedos all over the place, its just coincidence that 3 were based NEAR a big city. weird that isnt it, 3 famous people based near a big city. for what its worth ref jimmy saville, when i was a kid i lived in stoke mandeville. i used to see jimmy virtually every day on my way home from school. he would always talk to me, and on more than one occasion bought me lunch during school holidays (used to get to my grandparents by cutting through the grounds of stoke mandeville hospital), but ALWAYS in a public canteen. not once was there a hint of anything untoward eithe rin reality or in his head so far as i could tell. i was well aware at a young age what a paedo etc was as my dad was one of the more senior officers at hmp aylesbury, and i was well aware of who was in there and why etc. im not saying saville is innocent, but i find it odd that not one person properly pursued any complaint while he was alive. amazing that now he's dead the majority seem to think a bit of compensation will make up for what they supposedly went through................ or am ibeing cynical?

• Not one person pursued a complaint while he was alive....well apart from the ones that went to the police which led to an investigation which I seem to remember the cps now admit should have led to a prosecution...but apart from those...and the others that made various documented complaints...not one person.   Wierd eh ! 

• if the cps didnt prosecute that would suggest there wasnt enough evidence to prosecute, which in turn would suggest there is a chance nothign happened. i do agree though looking now at what people sya about him it seems likely, but nobody actually ahs any evidence/proof that i know of. i get why he could be seen as creepy etc tho, just in the time i spent with him myself which was regular and in the right era he was never anything other than friendly, polite and appeared genuine

• I have to respond, what you said about Manchester cannot be true. There are too many pimps, tramps, druggies, slappers and thugs for the to have a paedophile problem as well
  • EKGO wrote (see)
    I have to respond, what you said about Manchester cannot be true. There are too many pimps, tramps, druggies, slappers and thugs for the to have a paedophile problem as well

A point well made !

• I don't think Jimmy Savile can be linked with Manchester though, Leeds through and through
  • EKGO

Whilst he was Yorkshire through and through JS did the majority of his work out of BBC Manchester TOPTPs was mainly filmed there.

Certainly not a JS apologist  He should burn in hell for the evil things he did 

• I think you're missing the point SGG. Its the Beeb that's the link, not Manchester.
  • mike hutcherson wrote (see)

if the cps didnt prosecute that would suggest there wasnt enough evidence to prosecute, which in turn would suggest there is a chance nothign happened. i do agree though looking now at what people sya about him it seems likely, but nobody actually ahs any evidence/proof that i know of.

No they've come out since and said having reviewed the evidence he probably should have been prosecuted but the witness statements were treated with an unjustified degree of caution.   

• I don't believe the Stuart Hall stuff though - he always seemed so nice on its a knockout.
  • Stuart Hall  and now William Roach its getting worse by the day !!

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

We can all believe what we want. And clearly people do.

Didn't sturat hall plead guilty. Call me old fashioned....but I take that as read.

Call me old fashioned but the police called savile the most prolific abuser this country has seen. I take that as a *little* hint it might just be true.

But what the hell do I know. I'll just blame a city and blame people for not having spoken out sooner/made more of a fuss when no one actually listened to them or covered it up. 

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    Slowfoot Going Goofy wrote (see)

What is it about Manchester and suspected sex offenders Stuart Hall the fella off Coronation Street and even Jimmy Saville was based there. Clearly the city has issues !!

Can we assume youre from the 'pool??

Nope.

But there must be something in the water in Manchester for the number of people being charged and then people coming forward to say things like Yeah we all knew but did nothiing !!!!

• That's why the BBC moved there, a happy hunting ground